Don't Misunderstand

Fated to Meet You

*Ding dong

Youngsaeng stirred slightly when he heard the doorbell ring.

________________________________________________

Youngsaeng's POV

I checked my phone to see that it was 8 in the morning. 

Who could be here so early in the morning?

Still half asleep, I got up as Hachi jumped off of me and untangled myself from the blanket, absentmindedly heading downstairs to open the door. Yawning, I unlocked it and turned the knob to see Hyunjoong standing at the door. With a yelp, I stepped backwards. "What are you doing here???"

"I just wanted to see you," he claimed innocently with a sweet smile. 

I sighed, ruffling my hair. "Come in, I'll go get changed. I am supposed to meet your mom again?"

He shook his head. "No, I just said that I wanted to see you. That's why I came."

Twitching my nose, I let him in. "Okay, I'll just go wash up. Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

He shook his head again. 

"I'll cook later. You can play with Hachi meanwhile."

I headed upstairs with a slight annoyed feeling. Why did he have to come here so early in the morning? I was planning to sleep in today since I had no homework. 

After combing my long hair that I still hadn't gotten used to and showering, I headed downstairs where I saw Hyunjoong sitting on the ground with the puppy fast asleep on his lap. I wanted to be that puppy. I wanted to sleep so badly but the problem was him. He was here so I couldn't. 

Sighing, I went to the kitchen and put on the apron. "Hyung, what do you want to eat?"

"I don't really care," he informed from the living room. "Whatever you see fit."

I couldn't stop myself from sighing as I did so again. This time, I cooked a western breakfast for two people. Scrambled eggs, sausages, and pancakes with syrup. 

"It smells good," he exclaimed from the doorway. "What are you cooking?"

"Pancakes," I reported as I flipped it skillfully. 

Soon, breakfast was ready and we started to eat after I fed Hachi. 

________________________________________________

3rd Person

Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong ate quietly without conversation. There was an awkward silence for a long time until Hyunjoong couldn't stand it anymore. 

"Are you going anywhere today?" Hyunjoong asked, breaking the silence. 

Youngsaeng looked up. "I'm taking Hachi for a walk later and then I'm going to take Hachi for another walk in the evening. That's it for today."

"So you're not going anywhere in the afternoon?'

"Well, no."

"Do you want to go on another date?" Hyunjoong asked with hopeful eyes.

"No," Youngsaeng replied frankly. "One date in a week is enough. We can go to the zoo and the amusement park some other time when you owe me a favor, which will be never since I still have that debt to pay back."

"Oh, come on," Hyunjoong pleaded. "It was fun, wasn't it? You'll be able to communicate with even more animals, this time."

"Hyung," Youngsaeng cut in. "Don't misunderstand and remember this. I am only dating you and being your fake girlfriend because I broke that vase. I'm not your real girlfriend and we're not in a real relationship. Don't expect me to go on dates with you often."

"But--"

"No buts. I already told you when we first started. There's no way we'll ever be in a real relationship anyways. In case you've forgotten, we're both boys and I'm not gay."

"Youngsaeng--"

"I'm going to ask you to leave if you keep wanting me to go out. I told you, I'm only going to walk Hachi today and that's it. I'm in no mood to go on a date or whatever you want me to do," he spoke with cold eyes and a frown. 

Hyunjoong fell silent and stared down at his plate. "Okay, I'll go then... See you tomorrow."

Without a good-bye, Youngsaeng let him leave, closing his eyes as he heard the door clink closed. He furrowed his eyebrows at the food left on the plate. 

"What a waste," he muttered and threw the food away. 

He had lost his appetite so his plate of food went along with Hyunjoong's share.