Not Hyung?

Fated to Meet You

After the introduction in the classroom, Hyunjoong never saw Youngsaeng again that day. At lunch, the boys stayed in their room and who knows what they were doing. The girls and boys all crowded at the door to see, to just catch a glimpse of them. Hyunjoong and Jungmin went to pick up Kyujong and Hyungjun at lunch.

"I'm so depressed now..." Hyungjun grumbled. "Youngsaeng hyung used to always eat with me no matter what. Now, it seems like he doesn't even care."

"I hope all this leadership stuff doesn't get to him," Kyujong muttered bitterly as he stuffed the food in his mouth. The four were on the roof, at their usual spot.

"Guess what? Youngsaeng hyung and Hyunjoong hyung broke up again," Jungmin told them.

"Jungmin!" Hyunjoong whined as the others stared at him in shock.

"Why'd you break up with him this time?" Kyujong asked curiously. "You already know you can't get far without him."

"We were fighting a lot and disagreeing. Youngsaeng got pissed off at me and I just blurted out that we should break up," Hyunjoong confessed with an "about to cry" look. "I didn't mean it... I really didn't but he took off the bracelet and agreed like it was nothing."

"How long has it been?" Hyungjun questioned.

"About 2 weeks," Jungmin answered for the depressed boy.

Kyujong's jaw dropped. "Wow, I'm surprised this guys even still alive."

"I told him to go apologize but he refuses and says that he wants Youngsaeng to come to him," the horse breathed. 

"You know that's not going to happen, right?" Kyujong remarked.

"Hey, I told him that. He just wouldn't listen," the horse scoffed. "I don't understand this guy, seriously!"

"I can hear you guys, y'know..." Hyunjoong groaned.

"Yes, we know," Hyungjun said. "Oh, I wonder why we're talking so loud. You're also one of the reasons Youngsaeng hyung isn't eating with us."

"Eh? How does that even relate? Just because we broke up doesn't mean that he can't eat with us," the older boy complained. 

"The last time you two broke up, Youngsaeng even ignored Jungmin and I," Kyujong reminded him. "Yoohoo~ I didn't exactly see a connection there, either."

"Come on, you know it's your fault. Just admit it," Hyungjun insisted. "Go and apologize already. I feel lonely without hyung."

"Hey guys, but didn't you notice?" Kyujong suddenly began. "During the assembly, when Youngsaeng was giving his speech, I noticed that he was continuously looking at where Jungmin and Hyunjoong were sitting."

Jungmin thought for a bit and furrowed his eyebrows with a nod. "Now that I think about it... You're right for once, hyung..."

Hyunjoong let out a breath. I wonder what he's doing right now... Having fun with the other honor students, probably...

"Youngsaeng hyung!" Minwoo called from the room. "Where are you?"

The otter poked his head out of the sliding kitchen door. "I'm right here. What is it?"

"Help me clip this one," the boy cried. "It's so hard, I can't do it."

The latter went over to the helpless boy and put the band onto his left upper arm, clipping it to his sleeve. "There, that's done. You look good with that."

The boy beamed. "Thanks hyung!" and skipped off to join the others. 

"What were you doing in the kitchen?" Youngmin questioned as he approached Youngsaeng.

"Checking supplies."

"Want me to help you?"

"Ah, sure."

Youngsaeng went into the kitchen again with Youngmin close behind him. The otter opened the cupboards and was checking for pans, trays, utensils, plates, flour, sugar, etc. 

"Wow, this place has everything," the blonde boy muttered. "What are you planning to do in the kitchen?"

"Starting tomorrow, I want to began cooking snacks for you guys," Youngsaeng explained. "If you want to help, you can. Just arrive about an hour before school starts."

"Tomorrow, huh. Okay, I'll try. I'm more of the lazy twin though," Youngmin joked, chuckling. 

The prince didn't answer and continued to look into the cupboards, seeing if there was anything missing. A few moments later, he sighed. "I'm going to have to do a lot of shopping today..."

"Why? They have everything here!"

"Fruit? Vanilla extract? Chocolate chips? They only have the basic supplies that every recipe needs," the otter told him. 

"By the way, when's your birthday?" Youngmin asked curiously. 

"My birthday? Why?"

"I just want to ask. I already know everyone else's birthday except yours."

"November 3rd."

"Pardon?"

"November 3rd," Youngsaeng repeated. 

"Ehhhhh???? You're younger than me????????" Youngmin exclaimed in shock. 

"Well... That's not surprising," the otter remarked. 

The blonde boy ran outside. "Youngsaeng is younger than all of this!!!"

"WHAT?!" Youngsaeng heard everyone shout from outside. 

"His birthday's on November 3rd," Youngmin explained. "I just found out."

Everyone rushed into the kitchen.

"Youngsaeng! Why didn't you say anything?" Donghyun exclaimed.

The younger boy shrugged. "I didn't know either."

"To think that we've calling this guy hyung ever since we met him," Minwoo sighed in disbelief.

"It just seems like he's older than us because he's No. 1," Jeongmin commented. "I still feel like he's older than us. He's good at... everything."

Kwangmin cleared his throat, as if reminding all of the others of something. All of sudden, everything was silent. Jeongmin laughed awkwardly. "Haha~ He's good at... almost everything," he corrected, scratching the back of his head with a fake grin.

Youngsaeng didn't react as he walked past all of them, taking a piece of paper and writing down something. They just stared as he sat down at a desk and became immersed into what he was doing. Suddenly, he stood up and faced them. "Do you all understand what your roles are about?"

They looked at each other, not knowing what to say. The otter began talking again, a little quieter. "President is supposed to manage the Student Council and is responsible for the activities. Vice president helps the president, like the president's left hand. Secretary manages money. The Student Council has a bank account so that whatever we need to buy, the money comes from there. Do not use the money for your own needs, it is only for the SC. Next, the SoCo's, they are supposed to plan out events for the school. Confirm through Youngmin first and then come to me. You'll have to tell me what supplies you'll need and what's going to happen there."

"Wait, when are the meeting's going to be?" Jeongmin in.

"I'll get onto that. SCR's are supposed to create posters and promote events and activities that are to be held within the school or during school. The best thing is to tell the teachers to tell the students or go to each individual during school to tell them about it personally. If you feel that there are too many classes to go to, either Youngmin hyung and I can go with you," Youngsaeng made clear. "Meetings will be held three times a week. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you cannot make a few of these days, you will come to me and tell me. Understand?"

Hyunseong put his hand up. "When will be we be planning activities and such?"

"During the meetings. If there are other plans and decorations to make, you are welcome to stay after school on other days to prepare. I can help and I will ask the rest to help, also."

"Wow~ You really have the aura of a president," Minwoo gushed in awe. "Youngmin hyung, be a little more like Youngsaeng."

The blonde boy slapped him playfully on the back. "Don't joke around, Minwoo. I know already."

"Any questions?" Youngsaeng cut in.

Donghyun raised his hand. "If one of us goes to buy the supplies with our own money, then the secretary will be giving back the money to them, right?"

"Yes. Anything else?"

Jeongmin's arm shot up. "This question is concerning the boys and girls in front of our room. How are we going to get out for lunch?"

Youngsaeng shrugged. "Don't ask me."

"You're the president," Donghyun whined. "Come on Mr. President... Do something about it."

The otter huffed and headed to the door.

"Wait, you're going to open the door just like that?" Youngmin asked in shock.

The prince hummed and took the door handle. The rest of the honor class gulped nervously. He opened it and they could hear the sudden screaming and squealing from the rest of the student outside. Suddenly, the president's voice came.

"SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Youngsaeng yelled over top all the students. Everyone fell silent. The 6 boys' jaws dropped with a 'clang' on the ground, stunned by the president's sudden explosion. Usually, he was quiet and shy, not liking to talk a lot. Youngsaeng looked back at them and gestured them over with a nod of his head and turned back to the crowd of students. "From now on, we would not like all of you crowding in front of our room as it is an inconvenience for us to get out during lunch," he announced loudly. Turning back to the rest of the honor class students, he moved from the door. "Well, I've done my part. You guys can do the rest."

The otter hurried over to the couch and collapsed on it, still shuddering from his nerves. After closing the door, the other boys ran to him. 

"Whoa, was that really you?" Minwoo questioned in amazement. "That was awesome."

"You really know how to be president," Kwangmin complimented, clapping his hands. "Now we can go eat lunch."

"Come on President, let's go eat," Youngmin said, grabbing the boy's arm.

Youngsaeng was dragged out with the others into the cafeteria. He could feel all the stares and eyes on him and the others, it made him feel uncomfortable. He stuck to the other boys and even though he was supposed to be leading them, he didn't care and stayed in between them, out of sight.

From within the crowd, he suddenly spotted Hyunjoong, Jungmin, Kyujong, and Hyungjun staring at them. Aw... I wanna hang out with them... I mean, I like my classmates but I wanna be with my friends... Waahh... Argh, I feel like crying now...