Seonunsa Temple

Fated to Meet You

The next morning, Youngsaeng stirred and opened his eyes. As usual, he found himself being hugged tightly like a stuffed doll by Hyunjoong, who was sound asleep and hard to wake up. He pried the strong arms from around him and got up, heading to the bathroom.

Sensing that the other side of the bed was cold, Hyunjoong woke up and saw Youngsaeng sitting at the table with his glasses, reading something.

"Otter...?" he croaked, his voice still hoarse from sleep. He checked the clock. It was only 7 in the morning. "What are you doing up so early? Come here and sleep a little more."

Youngsaeng smiled and turned to him. "You should've woken up a little earlier. I watched the sunrise from the window. It was pretty, though it only lasted a few seconds."

Hyunjoong pouted. "Why didn't you call me?"

"You never wake up even if I do," the prince chuckled as he turned back to the book. Hyunjoong slid off the bed and looked over the boy's shoulder to see what he was reading.

"What is that?"

"A novel. I was just waiting for you to get up," Youngsaeng said as he stood up. "So... What should we do about breakfast?"

"Well... Our flight's at 4:00 in the afternoon. It takes almost 5 hours to get back so we'll need to leave the temple by 11 o'clock. We can pack up now and go downstairs to eat breakfast and then just drive to the temple. It shouldn't take too long," Hyunjoong planned out thoughtfully.

The younger boy nodded. "Go and wash up. I'll pack up."

Hyunjoong hurried into the bathroom.

By the time he got out, Youngsaeng was already at the door, his runners on, his clothes changed with his bag slung over his right shoulder, leaning on the wall and waiting for him.

"Aish~ Why are you so fast?" Hyunjoong complained and took his bag from the chair, putting his shoes on.

Youngsaeng smirked and headed out the door after closing the lights. Hyunjoong followed him and they ate breakfast at the lobby before checking out and heading to the car. It was already 8 o'clock by the time they started driving. The younger boy rolled up his sleeve and gazed at the glittering bracelet still on his wrist.

"Joongie-ah," the otter began.

"Neh?" 

"This bracelet... How much did it cost?" Youngsaeng asked curiously.

"It wasn't much," Hyunjoong told him with a smile. "Honestly, I never really care about the money. It's whatever I like that I buy for you."

"No, I'm still wondering about that debt of that vase from the beginning of our relationship," the prince remarked. "I mean, I forgot about it for a while but it just suddenly came back to me. What happened to that debt? I feel like it's been increasing since you've been buying things for me."

Hyunjoong chuckled. "No, of course not. Who cares about that debt? It was thrown away since we started the real relationship. I don't care about it anymore."

"Oh, jinjja? If we were still in our fake relationship, it still wouldn't be paid off, right?"

"It'd be far from being paid off."

Youngsaeng sighed. "Well, I'm glad then... I don't really feel comfortable with that but... at least I don't have to worry about it anymore."

Hyunjoong grinned. "Or we can continue that debt thing and you can still pay me back by never breaking up with me."

The otter huffed and leaned his head onto the window. "I won't break up with you. I don't think that's possible for me anymore. I'm too weak."

The older boy smiled as he continued driving.

---------------------------

About half an hour later, they arrived at the Seonunsa Temple and parked the car at the bottom of the steps. As the two quietly walked up the stone steps, Youngsaeng noticed a familiar fragrance again. He stopped and stood on the steps, his hand in his coat pocket.

"Otter, what's wrong?" Hyunjoong asked as he also stopped and turned back to the boy.

The younger boy looked to his side and saw that the place was surrounded by camellia trees and flowers, the scent wafting around the temple and trees. He recognized this scenery, it seemed to familiar somehow even though he thought he had never visited the place.

"No... Nothing..." he murmured as he continued up the steps and grasped the latter's hand tightly.

As they continued to walk, he began to have an itching feeling that he had been at the temple before except he couldn't remember when. He looked around. The place seemed to reflect something in his memories but he couldn't understand what.

"Have you been here before?" Hyunjoong asked.

Youngsaeng slowly shook his head but wasn't sure. "I... don't know... I feel like I've been here but I don't remember when. It was probably a long time ago."

A few minutes later, they got to the top. Youngsaeng stepped forward with Hyunjoong and suddenly stopped again as his eyes widened. Hyunjoong turned. "Otter? What's wrong?"

"I just..." he murmured as he stood on that spot. He looked up and around him, trying to see where the feeling and aura was coming from but he couldn't find it, as if it was invisible. "Where?"

"Where's what?" Hyunjoong questioned. "Come on, let's go."

Youngsaeng continued to walk but he somehow felt nostalgic in this area, this temple, it felt warm and familiar, as if this place contained happy memories. Without warning, he remembered the dream he had a week ago, the dream in which he had also smelt the slight fragrance of the camellia when he was a baby.

"Hyunjoong," the boy said hurriedly. "Follow me."

He pulled the older boy towards the temple and through the hallways quickly, passing a few monks and bowing to them politely. An elderly monk began walking past them and Youngsaeng stopped, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, you were a friend of my father's right?" he asked the white-haired monk.

"Your father? May I ask your name? You seem familiar," the monk requested.

"Youngsaeng," the otter immediately responded.

They saw the monk's eyes widen and the man smiled. "Of course I know your father! He was such a kind man, a very nice friend. He brought you here when you were such an infant. How do you remember me?"

"I... had a dream," Youngsaeng confessed with a smile. "Nice to meet you."

"Yes, yes, nice to meet you, too," the monk said with a bow. "Please enjoy your stay at the temple."

Youngsaeng nodded and bowed a farewell as he hurried off with Hyunjoong, towing the boy elsewhere.

"Who was that? How do you know him?" Hyunjoong questioned.

"He was a friend of my father's," the prince quickly replied as they exited the building and he brought his boyfriend to a wall covered in wooden planks with writing on them. Immediately, he began to look around to find the familiar nail and looked through all the wishes. 

"What are you doing?" Hyunjoong exclaimed. "You're not supposed to read them. You're supposed to make a wish and write it on the wood and hang it up there."

Youngsaeng didn't listen and continued to search. Finally, he stopped and took off a wooden plank, staring at it. Hyunjoong went up to him. "Otter? What is it?"

He looked at the wood and read it outloud. "May my son see this and be happy."

The otter prince didn't say anything as tears began to trickle down his cheeks, still gazing at the words on the wood. Hyunjoong understood. "So this is from your father?"

"In my dream, he told me to come back and look at what he wrote," Youngsaeng finally spoke. "I did come back... And I am happy..."

Hyunjoong pulled the boy into his arms and hugged him tightly, letting Youngsaeng sob into his coat. "Your father must've been thinking of you the whole time. I would've loved to meet him."

Feeling as if he had fulfilled something, Youngsaeng put the wooden plank back and went over to the table, taking the brush and dipping it in ink.

"You're going to make a wish?" Hyunjoong questioned.

The otter didn't answer and wrote on it.

May those around me be eternally joyed. --Heo Youngsaeng.

Hyunjoong read it and smiled as he wrapped his arms around the boy's waist from behind. "Still the same otter prince, aren't you? Thinking of others first."

After that, the two hung around the temple, admiring the camellia trees and bushes, and praying. Hyunjoong also wrote a wish on the wood.

I want to be with Heo Youngsaeng forever. --Kim Hyunjoong.

Youngsaeng smiled and pecked the boy gently on the lips. "I love you."

"Me, too."