Pre-Final: I Found You

Fated to Meet You

6 years later

**********************************************************************

No matter how hard he tried, Hyunjoong was never able to see Youngsaeng again. For he never got a chance to see him at school again and after the school year ended, he made up an excuse to drive down the road alone where Youngsaeng lived. To his dismay, the boy was already gone. In his place was another family, who had totally redecorated the house, painting is blue and furnishing the bushes and plants.

The memories of Youngsaeng were stilll with him, yet there was nothing to remember him by anymore. His mother confiscated anything to do with Youngsaeng: pictures, memos, gifts, etc. The only thing he had was the rose bracelet he had almost sacrificed his life to find, in which he had intended to give Youngsaeng if he had a chance. He held onto it every day, clutching it tightly or tucking it safely in his pocket, just in case.

There wasn't much hope though since Youngsaeng wasn't even in the country anymore. He was most likely already in America, beginning his medical studies with his aunt looking after him. No matter how much he wanted to see the boy again, he couldn't do anything except imagine his beautiful smile in his mind. His heart aching every day as he held the bracelet, his mind was always occupied with Youngsaeng and the memories he treasured. He still recalled the first time he had noticed him, how Youngsaeng gave him the silent treatment after being requested to be his fake girlfriend, and escalating to love.

Uee was perfectly aware that Hyunjoong never looked at her as a woman even once and this frustrated her. Hyunjoong studied music in university, in which his mother opposed, however, since he agreed to the engagement to Uee, she allowed him to do what he wanted. After he graduated after four years, the two were married. Hyunjoong had gone on the honeymoon to Jeju Island and was forced to sleep in the same bed as his new wife. Uee heard Hyunjoong muttering his sleep, still dreaming about Youngsaeng and apologizing and confessing to the boy in his sleep.

A few months after that, she requested a divorce even though she had fell in love Hyunjoong, knowing that Youngsaeng was right. She lost. Even though they separated, it was still as if they were together. Her father asked her why and she simply answered that it was because someone like him didn't deserve her. Hyunjoong was quite content to be divorced and carried on to be a music professor, as what Youngsaeng had advised him to do years ago. 

Since it had been six years since he had seen Youngsaeng, he had no idea where the boy would be now. Probably still studying in America and his mother still didn't allow him to search for him even though he and Uee had divorced. His mother was furious and ordered him to get married again, but he refused and bought his own apartment, moving out of the house and away from his family.

***

"Hyunjoong-ah, Eunmi-noona has been admitted out of the hospital, let's go pick her up," Kyujong suggested as he stood at the door in which he had just knocked.

Hyunjoong knocked. "Yeah, I'm coming. Let me get my coat."

When he got to Kyujong's car, he saw Hyungjun and Jungmin already inside. The two beamed as Hyunjoong climbed into the passenger seat. "Is she okay now after the car crash? The last time I saw her was two weeks ago."

"You didn't go visit?" asked Hyungjun.

"I was busy with work," Hyunjoong sighed, leaning back onto his seat after putting on his seatbelt. "Goodness, the students are such a handful. I don't know how the other professors manage."

Jungmin chuckled. "You have the largest class in the whole university. What would you expect? At least you're lucky you have more assistants now."

Hyunjoong shrugged. "I guess so..."

There was a silence in the car until they arrived at the hospital. "We're here!" exclaimed Hyungjun, rushing out of the car and running through the automatic doors of the hospital.

The others followed in and Kyujong entered once he had parked his car. He looked around. "So where's Eunmi-noona?"

Hyunjoong was startled to see that his sister was running down the corridor to them, panting. "Noona! What are you doing?" he exclaimed frantically. "You can't run like this yet after you've just recovered!"

The other boys all crowded around her, scolding her for using so much energy. Once Eunmi had caught her breath, she pointed down the hall. "Hyunjoong, run down the hall and turn left. Enter Room 501. You'll see it. Go now!"

"But--"

"Go!"

Without thinking, Hyunjoong ran past the others. He slowed down and looked hesitantly back at the group. Eunmi kept on screaming at him to run so he did. He whipped around and ran again, his heart thumping fast. For some reason, his mind was on Youngsaeng. A half was telling him that he was going to see Youngsaeng again and the other was telling him that it wasn't possible. It would too much of a miracle.

Once he arrived at the door that had the room number 501, he took a deep breath and knocked.

"Come in," a voice chimed from inside.

His eyes widened when he recognized the warmth contained in the singing voice. With shaking hands, he grabbed the knob and turned it slowly. His legs trembled as he took a step in and froze as the man dressed in a white lab coat turned and also froze.

"Young... saeng..." Hyunjoong breathed, tears boiling at the brim of his eyes. "Youngsaeng."

The man's hair was no longer caramel with black highlights, it had grown to what it was before. Black; also cut short. But still, Hyunjoong felt it as attractive. The doctor's eyes widened as his clipboard suddenly dropped and landed with a crash on the ground. "Hyun... joong..." Tears welled up the latter's eyes as he ignored his fallen clipboard, and instead, stepped over it and jumping into Hyunjoong's arms.

Hyunjoong hugged Youngsaeng tightly, tears pouring down. "Youngsaeng. Youngsaeng. Youngsaeng." He kept on repeating the name, his lips trembling as he spoke. "I missed you so much... I thought about you for so long, only you."

"Hyunjoong, you finally came back... I waited, Hyunjoong."

"I divorced with Uee," he revealed. "Let's live together again."

Youngsaeng's eyes widened as he pushed the latter away, wiping his tears away. "Divorced?! Are you crazy? Why?"

"It wasn't me who initiated it. She was the one who wanted a divorce," said Hyunjoong sheepishly, bringing Youngsaeng into his arms again. "She knew that whole time that my mind was on nobody but you. Noona knew you were here in this room and told me to come. I still love you, Youngsaeng... I still love you as much as I did before; even more."

"Your mother, isn't she going to object?"

"Youngsaeng... It doesn't matter anymore," Hyunjoong asked, his eyes large with hope. "As long as Uee's father is out of this, going against my mother is no problem. I don't want to be even a second away from you. I promised that I would never leave you again and I will keep that promise. Live with me."

Youngsaeng's mouth opened before closing again. Hyunjoong's heart pounded loud against his chest as he waited for an answer. What if he said no? Then what would happen?

His worries washed away when he saw a slight nod from the younger man. Without hesitance, he leaned down and pressed his lips against the latter's, pulling Youngsaeng close. He smiled when he smelt the scent of the man, it was still the same as before. This small frame, this warm feeling rushing through him, they were all familiar. He loved this man and he knew it.

He brought his lips down to Youngsaeng's neck and began to lightly nibble on it, causing Youngsaeng to moan softly and arch his neck. Hyunjoong grabbed the latter's arm and let go once he knew it was on. He pulled away with a grin. Youngsaeng looked at him in puzzlement before he heard a tinkle and looked down. His eyes widened when he saw a bracelet with a red rose, the exact same as the one he had lost six years ago.

Tears welled up as Youngsaeng jumped into Hyunjoong's arms. "I finally met you again... I thought I'd never see you... I really thought so until now."

Hyunjoong smiled. "I said I'd keep my promise, and I did. I love you... Otter."

Youngsaeng grinned, the crystal droplets sparkling in the light above. "I love you, too... Joongie."