Challenge

Fated to Meet You

It wasn't long before another note came. In the morning before class, after his friends had left, he and the other students examined the two notes. 

"Well... the handwriting's the same," Minwoo remarked thoughtfully. "That should mean that it is from the same person, right?"

This time, the letter wanted Youngsaeng to break up with his boyfriend or to resign from his position as President. He smirked. "I think the sender is most likely a girl," Youngsaeng commented. 

Kwangmin agreed. "Or else why would the note suggest to break up? She may be holding a grudge against you."

"I have an idea of who it is," the otter informed. 

"Who?" Youngmin asked excitedly. 

"I won't tell you yet," the latter replied with a grin. "I need more proof."

Soon, class started but Youngsaeng's mind was only on the notes. At lunch, Youngsaeng decided to step out of the classroom for a little while. The moment he did, he was enveloped by screams and squeals from the surrounding students as they bombarded him with questions of his relationship. The boy didn't pay much attention to them and instead, looked through the crowd and around. His eyes flitted from corner and they landed on one girl near the back. She made eye contact with him for a second before quickly looking away. That girl. She wasn't against him being president. She was against him dating Hyunjoong. 

He quickly went back to the room in order to escape the noise. He didn't want Hyunjoong to know about these notes and so, kept it a secret, ordering the other boys to not talk about it in front of his friends.

The next day, again, the room was destroyed. Youngsaeng sighed and his gaze darkened. I'm going to find that girl and demand what she wants. I can't let this keep on going. Violating the 1A room is getting out of hand.

Luckily, they were able to clean up before the teacher or any of Youngsaeng's friends arrived. Neither Mrs. Kim nor any of the other students except the 1A class knew about the violation of the room. That day, there was another note.

"President, it says that she wants to challenge you," Hyunseong informed as he read it. "Challenge you to a thousand questions. If she's brave enough to do this, then that means she's probably really smart, too."

"Most likely in 1B," Donghyun remarked. "I think she should be in the top class after this or else she wouldn't have the guts to challenge you. She said to meet her after school in the 1B classroom. Here are the rules."

Youngmin took the note from Donghyun and read it out loud. "Once the clock strikes four o'clock, the test will begin. It doesn't matter how late one of the challengers are. There will be one hour to complete the test."

"One hour to complete a thousand questions?" Kwangmin exclaimed in surprise.

"Read on," Youngsaeng cut in. 

"If you win, then I will accept you as president and not bother you anymore. If you lose, however, you have to resign and I will become president."

"Did the principal agree to this?" Jeongmin asked as he grabbed the note, reading it carefully.

"Well, if she beats me, then she'll definitely be president since she would end up as top of the school," Youngsaeng said as he stood up from the couch when Mrs. Kim entered. "So after school at four o'clock today."

----------------------

After school, Hyunjoong was told to go home first since Youngsaeng had "something to attend to" and it would take a long time. The older boy wanted to help but the otter refused and quickly pushed him out the door.

Half an hour later, the class went over to the 1B class, all except for Youngsaeng, who wanted to use the washroom. They saw the girl there and glared at her.

"How could you destroy the room like that?" Kwangmin yelled at her in fury. "If we told the principal, you'd be expelled from the school."

The girl smirked. "As if you'd dare. My father's more powerful than that principal of yours. He can do anything to the school if I'm expelled."

Youngmin stared angrily at her. Hyunseong checked the clock and crumpled his eyebrows. "It's already almost time to start. Where's Youngsaeng?"

The girl sat at one desk and beside her, there was another desk. Both had two tall piles of papers. One was the questions sheet and the other was the answers sheet. Donghyun took out his phone and dialled Youngsaeng's number.

"Youngsaeng? What are you doing in the washroom?" Donghyun asked quickly. "Hurry up and get over here."

Donghyun heard the sound of papers from the other side of the line. "Sorry, a bunch of men suddenly came over and wanted me to fill out some paper work," Youngsaeng told them. "I'll finish with this as soon as I can."

The older boy looked at the clock and saw the girl already writing on the paper. He grit his teeth. "It's already five minutes past starting time. You'd better hurry up."

"Yeah, I will, don't worry."

The six boys stood in the classroom, biting off their nails. Youngmin paced around the room in worry. What would they do if the girl actually became president? Youngsaeng was already probably the best president anybody could have, not that he could judge well. They all kept on looking at the clock but time seemed to tick faster than before and Youngsaeng still hadn't arrived. The girl was grinning while writing the test, confident that she was going to win.

Finally, fifteen minutes before five o'clock, the door slid open and Youngsaeng stepped in. Youngmin's eyes widened. "Where were you, Youngsaeng?"

The President didn't respond as he sat down at his chair and took the questions sheets, flipping through them as he scanned through the questions. The girl noticed and her eyes rounded. "What the hell? The questions and answers sheets are separate."

Donghyun remembered that time when they were doing the math booklet. "He's going to win."

Kwangmin looked at the older boy. "How? There's only fifteen minutes for him to finish a thousand questions! He's not going to be able to finish!"

Youngsaeng put down the sheets and took a pencil, taking the answer sheets and writing down all the answers in the boxes, his mind only concentrated on the questions and nothing else. The girl clenched her jaw and began finishing up the exam. The otter put down his pencil when the clock stuck five and sighed.

"You finished?" the girl exclaimed in shock. "How's that possible?"

"I guess you underestimated your president," Youngsaeng said as he smirked and stood up from his seat, holding up his arm and revealing the bracelet. "You want it? Well, too bad, cuz you can't have it."

The student glared at him. "You..."

"Jung Rebecca, top student of 1B. Your home number is XXX-XXX-1234. I can tell you your address, too, if you want," Youngsaeng told her.

"We'll keep this a secret," Donghyun told her. "Only if you never violate our space again. And the notes... They weren't pleasant."

Rebecca glowered at them and with an angry huff, stormed out of the room. Youngsaeng breathed to calm down and closed his eyes. "Thank goodness that's over..."

"You did well!" Youngmin exclaimed happily and pounced on the boy with wide grin.

"My hands are still shaking," Youngsaeng murmured. "I was so nervous... What if I couldn't finish? What if I got the questions wrong? Then I would have to step down as President and she would take my place. It's so scary thinking about it."

"But you won," Hyunseong reminded him. "And that's all that matters."

Youngsaeng smiled slightly. "Yeah, I guess. Thanks a lot guys."

"And can you find a way to explain all this to me?" a voice floated in from the door.

Youngsaeng paled and he looked up to see Hyunjoong standing at the door, pouting with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha~ The phone number's funny *grins* Thank goodness I updated... Phew~ Now... Next chapter should be...