Desperate

Fated to Meet You

No.

Hyunjoong jumped up from his bed and began to run, run out the door of his room and after Youngsaeng.

"Hyunjoong-ssi, please stop running," he heard nurses scold him.

"Go back to your room!" a few other doctors yelled but he kept going.

Seeing the otter's figure walking away, it hurt him, his heart felt as if it had been shot by a gun. He reached out and grabbed his hand, causing the latter to freeze.

"H-hyung...?" he stammered as he hesitantly turned around. "Wh-what--"

Hyunjoong looked at him, his eyes somewhat angry. "If you want to break up with me, say it to me. Say it to my face. Say it!"

Youngsaeng avoided eye contact and looked down at the ground.

"Ya! Is the ground really that interesting? Look at me!" the older boy exclaimed. He grit his teeth and began dragging the otter back to his room.

"Where are you taking me? Let go!"

He threw Youngsaeng into the room and slammed the door behind him, glaring at the otter. For once that day, he was actually glad there were no other patients sleeping in the same room as him.

"You just said that you weren't going to come anymore. You also gave back the bracelet. If you want to break up, tell it to my face. Tell me that you want to break up!"

"I--" the younger boy began slowly, looking away.

"Look at me!" Hyunjoong demanded and pinned the otter to the wall, staring right into his eyes. "Look right at me when you speak."

Youngsaeng gulped, his eyes looking down full of regret and grief. He looked back at Hyunjoong, suddenly flashing with determination. "I want to break up with you!"

The older boy froze as Youngsaeng pushed him away and began to walk away. He grabbed the boy's arm and turned him around. He wasn't crying. Instead, his eyes were calm and cold, like when he had first met him.

"I don't have anything to do with you anymore," the otter said, his voice like ice. "Neither do I have anything to do with Jungmin and Kyujong hyung. Just forget me, okay?"

"Why was your voice shaking when you told me you weren't going to come anymore?" Hyunjoong asked him, desperate to believe that Youngsaeng didn't want to break up with him.

But he saw the boy smirk. "Why? Because I was so excited. So excited to get out of your life, so happy to be breaking up with you."

"You--"

"Let go of me, hyung," Youngsaeng ordered.

"No, I won't. I definitely won't let go."

The younger boy frowned and ripped his arm out of the older boy's strong grip. He smirked again as he opened the door. "Thanks hyung. It was fun."

As the older boy watched the latter walk away, he fell onto his knees in despair, his hand still reaching out to Youngsaeng. Tears welled up and he began screaming, screaming so loudly but it seemed like no one heard. No one cared. No one came to help him. Youngsaeng didn't come back.

Youngsaeng did hear his cries and closed his eyes, tears beginning to trickle down his cheeks. He bit his lip and ran, ran out of the hospital until he was far away. In the shadows, he slid down a wall and kneeled there, repeatedly apologizing to Hyunjoong.