Christmas Date: Part 2

Fated to Meet You

"Which ride should we go on..." Hyunjoong murmured as he looked around. "Oh! How about the pirate ship?"

Youngsaeng nodded. "Neh, let's go."

The two lined up and was able to go on a few minutes later. Hyunjoong cheered as the ride started to swing forward and back slowly and picked up speed, going higher each time it swung. He let go of the bar and put up his hand, just like a few other people on the ride. Youngsaeng kept his hands on the bar but cheered when the ride plunged and swung up and then went back down.

"Was that one fun?" the older boy asked the otter when they had gotten off.

The latter nodded. "Of course. What's next?"

Hyunjoong spotted bumper cars. "Let's go drive a few bumper cars. That'll be fun."

Youngsaeng was pulled towards the building and they hurriedly each got into a car. Soon, the ride started and Youngsaeng grit his teeth, beginning to drive. But since he didn't know how drive, he kept on getting stuck to the wall and crashing into poles. Hyunjoong laughed at him as he smoothly drove around the place, bumping into Youngsaeng purposely.

"Ya!" Youngsaeng yelled at him. "Stop it!"

"It's bumper cars," Hyunjoong pointed out. "You're supposed to be bumping someone else's car, not the wall."

The otter glared at him. "You want me to bump you? Fine then! I will!"

Without warning, it seemed like the manual of "how to drive" was suddenly inserted into Youngsaeng's brain as he began driving and crashing into Hyunjoong on purpose, a fire of determination flashing in his eyes. They also went and bumped into other kids and teenagers who were also driving around the bumper cars.

"Wow~ You're actually pretty good at this!" Hyunjoong remarked with a large grin as they were still driving around.

Youngsaeng narrowed his eyes. "Pretty good? I'll show you pretty good!"

The younger boy made a sharp turn somehow and rammed into Hyunjoong's car with a smirk. "If this were a real car, you'd be dead."

Hyunjoong smirked back and also began bumping his boyfriend's car. "Yeah, you're really good at bumper cars."

After they exited, they decided to eat lunch. Sitting at a picnic table, Youngsaeng took out the lunch boxes. "Here, my friend made this for us."

"Oh? Why didn't you make it?"

"He knew about the date and just made it. I didn't really ask him to. He was being considerate," Youngsaeng explained, obviously referring to YS.

"I wanted to eat the lunch you made..." Hyunjoong grumbled in disappointment with a pout.

"I'll cook for you next time, alright?"

The older boy immediately brightened and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I'll eat well!"

None of the two said anything as they were eating since they were stuffing themselves with food. YS had made a lot so there was plenty. Soon, the food was all gone and their bellies were full.

All of a sudden, Youngsaeng was pulled somewhere by Hyunjoong.

"Where are we going?" the younger boy exclaimed.

"You'll see," Hyunjoong told him and the otter saw that they were heading to sprinklers in a mini waterpark inside the amusement park.

He was dragged into the sprinklers. "Ahh!!! Hyung, my hair!!!!" Youngsaeng shrieked and tried to get out but Hyunjoong made him stay.

"Come on otter, it's fun," the older boy insisted playfully, his clothes already soaked along with his hair and skin.

Youngsaeng began to also play around with Hyunjoong in the middle of the sprinklers, his clothes also becoming soaked. When the otter began to laugh as he splashed around, Hyunjoong only listened as it sounded like music to his ears, like bells.

After a little while longer, the two got out from the sprinklers, soaked to the bone but they didn't mind. Youngsaeng began to shiver and Hyunjoong told him to stay under the sun. "I'll go get some clothes for us so stay here, okay?"

The younger boy nodded and plopped onto onto a bench directly on the sun with his bags beside him. The warmth of the sun began drying his skin and shirt and soon, he didn't feel so uncomfortable anymore. Half an hour later, he spotted Hyunjoong running back with bags in his hands.

"What'd you get?" Youngsaeng asked.

"Clothes, of course," Hyunjoong told him as he opened the bags and showed him inside.

He took out two pairs of flip flops, couple tees, couple pants, and even the same style of jackets. Youngsaeng's mouth gaped open. "Why is everything the same???"

The older boy grinned. "We can wear couple things now, right? Let's do that!"

Sighing, Youngsaeng took the shirt and began to take his own shirt off right then and there but Hyunjoong stopped him. The otter looked up to see that his face was somewhat pink. "L-Let's change somewhere else, shall we?" Hyunjoong stuttered and dragged him off towards a few trees and foliage.

The younger boy slipped off his shirt, his back facing Hyunjoong but the older boy still could only gaze at his milky skin. He could see Youngsaeng's muscles flexing as he began putting on the new shirt. Suddenly, the otter turned and faced him. "What are you staring at? Go and change your clothes."

Snapping out of his gaze, Hyunjoong blushed and hurriedly took off his own soaking shirt and put on the new one. He peeked back at the otter and saw that he was busying himself by slipping on the shorts and flip flops. The older boy pouted in disappointment and put on his own clothes. They placed their wet clothes into the bags and came out from under the trees after they finished.

Youngsaeng stretched in the sunshine. "Ahh... This feels nice..."

Hyunjoong agreed and looked at his watch. It was already 5 o'clock.

"What do you want to do now?" the older boy asked the otter.

Youngsaeng shrugged. "I have no idea. Do you want to get some popcorn?"

"Sure, let's go."

This time, Youngsaeng insisted on paying because Hyunjoong had already bought clothes for them but the older boy refused and also wanted to pay. Youngsaeng was victorious at the end and paid for the popcorn.

"I'm not eating any since I didn't pay for it," Hyunjoong remarked, turning away from Youngsaeng.

"Hyung, come on," the younger boy persisted. "I didn't buy this for nothing."

"Well, I could've paid for it!"

"You already paid for this clothing. I couldn't let you go and buy everything for me. Come on, hyung. Eat some."

"No. I didn't pay for it, I don't eat it."

"Hyung! If you don't eat it, I'll... I'll..."

The older boy turned back to Youngsaeng and raised an eyebrow. "You'll what...?"

"I'll... Ummm..." he looked up at Hyunjoong, grabbing a handful of popcorn and stuffing it into Hyunjoong's mouth. "I'll do that."

"Ya!" Hyunjoong exclaimed after swallowing the popcorn. "Otter!!!!"

Youngsaeng began to run away from the boy as the cow chased after him. But after a few minutes, the younger boy had to sit down because his leg was hurting him. Hyunjoong sat down beside him, panting. "How can you still run so fast with that leg of yours?"

"Hey, don't underestimate me," Youngsaeng said. "I used to the one of the fastest track runners in the school."

Hyunjoong hummed in agreement and jolted in surprise when the younger boy stuffed another handful of popcorn into his mouth. He glared at the otter but when he saw that he was laughing, the older boy immediately softened and swallowed the popcorn.

Without warning, Youngsaeng stopped laughing when he saw a few white drops fall from the sky. Snow. It was snowing on Christmas Eve. Hyunjoong smiled and also looked up at the sky with the boy. The sun was still out yet it was snowing.

"Here, Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong said as he took out the jackets and handed one of them to the younger boy. "It's snowing so it's probably going to get colder later on."

The otter took it gratefully and put it on, rubbing his arms to keep warm, his breath already frosting in the air as the temperatures plunged rapidly. "It's amazing how it's snowing now."

Hyunjoong nodded and wrapped an arm around Youngsaeng as the latter munched on popcorn.

For the last ride, the two went on a ferris wheel. It was already night time and the sky had turned dark. The attraction lights shone Christmas colors and the carnival music turned into angel carols. The ground was soon covered in a white blanket of snow. As Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong went higher and higher up, the otter stared out the window, his eyes twinkling and reflecting the lights from below.

"It's so beautiful..." Youngsaeng awed. He turned back to Hyunjoong and saw the boy smiling at him. The otter looked down at his feet with a blush as he could feel his ears getting warmer.

"Otter," Hyunjoong started quietly. "Can you look at me?"

The younger boy hesitantly looked up again and froze when Hyunjoong reached out and sofly touched his cheek. He saw the older boy lean closer and he shut his eyes tightly, his lips forming a tight line.

"There's a lot of snow on your hair," his voice came and Youngsaeng's eyes snapped opened.

"Oh, uh... yeah," he awkwardly stammered, his blush deepening. "Yeah, I forgot to wipe it out."

Hyunjoong retreated and smiled, mentally punching himself. AAAhhhh!!! I almost kissed him! How could I do that? Hyunjoong! Kim Hyunjoong! Control yourself! He's not ready yet. Control yourself!!!

Youngsaeng was a bit disappointed that his boyfriend didn't kiss him but he was also quite glad. He didn't think he was ready yet. The otter took a deep breath and felt his heart calming down a little bit.

When they were near the top, the otter took out a bag from his side and handed it to Hyunjoong. "Hyung... I made a present for you."

"Made one?" Hyunjoong echoed excitedly. "It's handmade?'

The otter's face turned light pink. "I, uh, didn't know what to get you so my present isn't very original. It's what you see in a lot of manga and stuff."

The older boy took it gratefully and dug his hand into the bag, pulling out a nicely knitted scarf. It was simple, plain red. The otter blushed again and his ears turned beat red. "I-I chose red since it's the color of red, I mean, love! And I th-thought about wh-white but would get dir-dirty easily s-so..."

Hyunjoong giggled at how awkward his boyfriend was. It was so cute and it was the first time. He wanted to see more of Youngsaeng's expressions. The happy ones, the sad ones, the angry ones, and the embarrassed and shy ones. He wrapped his arms around the stuttering boy and put his lips onto the crook of Youngsaeng's neck. He grabbed the boy's hands and trapped them at his back.

"Y-Ya!!" Youngsaeng exclaimed, surprised at what Hyunjoong was doing. "What are you do-- Ah!" He squeaked when he felt the boy on his neck.

A few seconds later, Hyunjoong finally removed his mouth from the neck of the otter and looked at the mark he made, satisfied. He let go of Youngsaeng's hand and the boy looked at what he did, finding a bracelet hanging at his wrist. "Hyung..."

The bracelet was made up of chains and there was a singel small red rose connecting the two ends. It fit perfectly on his wrist. "It's really pretty..."

Hyunjoong smiled. "I thought you'd like it."

After that ride, they exited the amusement park and got into the car. Youngsaeng kept staring at the bracelet. "It's so pretty..."

"How many times have you said already?" Hyunjoong huffed, adjusting his new scarf on his neck.

"But it is pretty!" the cute otter pouted.

The older boy chuckled. "You don't have to say it that many times though. Just once is enough for me."

Hyunjoong drove Youngsaeng home and before the younger boy was able to get out, the cow pulled the otter into his embrace, whispering in his ear, "See you tomorrow."

The younger boy nodded. "Neh, see you tomorrow."

Once Youngsaeng was inside, Hyunjoong drove away. YS greeted Youngsaeng with Hachi once he stepped inside the house and closed the door behind him.

"So what did Hyunjoong give you???" the older boy asked excitedly.

Youngsaeng showed his wrist with a smile. "This."

"Wow... That's really pretty," YS praised. "I never knew Hyunjoong was so possessive."

The otter raised his eyebrow in confusion. "Possessive?"

"You didn't know? If a boy gives you a necklace, that would symbolize a choker or a collar. If he gives you a ring, it would symbolize a marriage ring which means the one and only person for a lifetime. So then the bracelet symbolizes handcuffs, right?"

The younger boy looked at the bracelet. "Handcuffs... huh..." Whenever he looked at the bracelet, it reminded him of Hyunjoong.

"Tomorrow, Hyunjoong is coming over to play so do you think I should wear that?" YS questioned with concern. "He's not going to be happy if he finds out that you're not wearing it."

Youngsaeng hesitated and looked down at the bracelet. "I don't know... I really want to keep this bracelet with me since I'm not going to be able to see him for a while."

"I know. I'll wear it just for tomorrow and then I'll give it back to you the next time I see you again."

"When will that be?"

"I'll go see you before the concert. Here, give me your phone number so I can call you without going through my manager."

The two exchanged phone numbers and handed their cells back to each other.

"So in a few days, I'll call you and we can meet in the park so I can give back your bracelet," YS told him. "You've agreed to perform, right?"

Youngsaeng reluctantly nodded. "I guess..."

"Alright then. It's decided. Tomorrow morning, the manager will come and pick you up. Hyunjoong will come after that. And I'll call you a few days later or even tomorrow. If I don't call you, you can call me instead, okay?"

The otter nodded. "Arasseo."