Midnight Visitor

Fated to Meet You

Days later, Hyunjoong was healing well but he still wasn't allowed to be discharged. He was becoming more and more anxious as Youngsaeng wasn't visiting him. Kyujong and Jungmin went to see him every day and to give him assignments and homework. Hyungjun only sometimes came with them.

"He still didn't come?" Kyujong huffed in annoyance. "What the heck is that boy thinking?"

"Don't you two see him everyday?" Hyunjoong asked them as he sat up. Jungmin helped as the older boy's left arm was broken.

"Yeah, we do," Jungmin replied. "But he comes right before class starts so we can't talk to him, avoids us at lunch, and leaves right after school. That doesn't give us enough time to even make eye contact. Even all the girls and boys don't have time to catch up to him. He ignores everyone except the teachers."

Kyujong sighed, absolutely irritated. "This is getting out of hand. Here his boyfriend is, lying on the bed, injured and he hasn't even come to see him once. What is this?"

"Kyujong hyung, just stop," Jungmin protested as he caught onto the boy's arm. "Seriously, you're overreacting. You know he's sensitive."

"I know but isn't this too much? I would go to his house and drag him here if I could."

"Kyujong!" Hyunjoong snapped. "Stop it! Jungmin said it already. You're overreacting. It's okay if he doesn't come to see me. He still needs--"

"He still needs time to think?" Kyujong argued. "It's already been almost two weeks! Hasn't he had enough time?"

"Ah~ Hyunjoong-ah," a lady beside him began. She was also a patient and was there before him. She kept him company whenever he needed someone to talk to.

"Neh?" the boy asked.

"I kept forgetting to tell you," she started. "A few nights ago, I saw a young boy coming in here after visiting hours. He was like an angel, really. I was quite envious of his features."

"An angel-like boy?" Jungmin echoed. "Visiting after visiting hours?"

The woman nodded. "It was dark and I couldn't see much but it was enchanting when the moonlight hit him. I can still see him in my mind. I can remember him smiling and murmuring something to Hyunjoong."

Kyujong scratched the back of his head with furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "Are you sure he was here?"

"Yeah, I'm sure of it. I think he saw me looking at him and left."

"Do you remember the color of his hair?" Jungmin asked. "Was it brown?"

"I'm not sure since it was pretty dark but the boy I saw had black hair."

"Then it's probably not Youngsaeng..." Hyunjoong muttered, disappointed. "Or did he redye his hair?"

Kyujong shook his head. "Today at school, he still had brown hair. He really attracts attention. The girls and boys were squealing about him again and I think he's learned to ignore them. The teachers don't even care since he's the top student."

A few hours later, Kyujong and Jungmin left the hospital. At 10:00, visiting hours were over and Hyunjoong got comfortable in his bed, thinking about that visitor. Who was he? He wanted to stay awake but ended up falling asleep an hour later.

At 12:00, when the clock struck midnight, a boy quietly entered the room. He approached Hyunjoong's bed and stood there at the side, gazing at the boy's sleeping expression. He could only smile when he saw how peaceful the boy looked as he slept.

"Hyung..." he began to whisper to the sleeping boy. "I'm sorry... You know, I made the Valentine's Day chocolate again so I'll bring it to you tomorrow night, is that okay with you? Tomorrow... I've thought a lot about our relationship but I guess I'll tell you when I give you the chocolate." Suddenly, from the corner of his eye, he saw a faint flash.

Looking up, he saw the flash again. It was the light reflecting off of the woman's eyes. She was looking at him. She saw him again. He bit his lip and turned away, hurrying out of the room.