Transfer Students

Fated to Meet You

On Monday in the middle of the first half of the day, Youngsaeng was called to the office.

"Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Song," he greeted politely as he bowed to the principal.

"Neh, annyeonghaseyo Youngsaeng-ssi," the principal said with a chuckle as he gestured to girl to come out from behind him.

Youngsaeng watched the beautiful girl step out. She had the 1A girl uniform on, her long straight hair flowing down her back as she bowed and smiled. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Lee Nara, a transfer student now in 3rd place in your class."

The boy bowed as Mr. Song introduced the two. "This is... Heo Youngsaeng, the President and 1st place of the school. He will show you around the school grounds."

Youngsaeng nodded and turned. "Follow me."

The girl skipped after the younger boy happily and when they were out of the office, began asking Youngsaeng strange questions.

"Youngsaeng-ah," she started. "Do... Do you believe in miracles?"

The otter turned to her. "Miracles...? Well... Somewhat. It's a miracle that I got first place in the whole school."

"I mean in miracles like angels being able to save people and turning into humans and stuff like that."

"Oh, uh... No, I guess not," Youngsaeng murmured. "I've never seen an angel before."

Nara smiled. "Oh, I see. Don't mind me."

The President found it somehwat strange that the girl was asking him these questions at their first meeting but shrugged it off and began to lead her outside, showing her all the facilities available at the school and introducing her to clubs.

Meanwhile, in 2B, Hyunjoong's class, there was also a new transfer student. Hyunjoong's expression immediately fell when he saw who it was. Even though he didn't want to, he was forced to show the new student around.

"Hyunjoong, what--"

The older boy glared at him. "I do not like it when you call me without formalities. Please do so."

The boy smirked. "Okay... Hyunjoong hyung. I wanted to ask. What's your ideal type?"

Hyunjoong glared at him again. "My personal life and my thoughts do not concern you. I'm only here to show you around the school so please refrain from asking such questions."

The latter laughed and playfully slapped the boy on the shoulder. "Come on, I just want to be friends. I--"

Hyunjoong slapped the hand away and glared at him. "Don't act so nice with me. I'm sorry but I do not wish to be your friend."

The boy crossed his arms in front of his chest, scowling. "Okay, since you're playing hard to get, let's just cut it to the chase."

Hyunjoong narrowed his eyes at the boy. "Hard to get? What the heck are you talking about?"

"I think Youngsaeng would've told you already. I like you so I think you should break up with him and fall in love with me instead."

"Don't joke around with me. I'm never going to get together with you," Hyunjoong growled as he turned back around and began to walk away. 

"Even if I reveal your relationship to the whole school?"

Hyunjoong's eyes widened and he whipped around to see the boy holding up a fan of pictures in his hand with a rotten smile printed on his face. "If you don't become my boyfriend, then I'll send these all out to the whole school and Youngsaeng's reputation will be ruined. You wouldn't want that, would you?"

The older boy looked closer at the pictures. They were from when Youngsaeng and him were at home, sitting together while watching TV, sleeping together and even in the kitchen. Hyunjoong clenched his jaw. "Where the hell did you get those?"

"I... have my sources," the boy grinned.

Hyunjoong took a deep breath. Shoot... What am I going to do now? What Youngsaeng achieved... I can't ruin it all now. "So if I become your boyfriend, then you won't send these pictures out?"

"I don't want you talking to Youngsaeng and I want you to stay away from him, also, move out from his house. And if you tell him about this, don't think you'lll be let off easily," the boy giggled.

I can't talk him either? What the hell is this?

"Joongie?" Youngsaeng's voice floated in.

Hyunjoong turned to see Youngsaeng with an incredibly pretty girl at his side wearing the 1A girl uniform. The cow felt that the girl seemed familiar. She looked a lot like the beautiful angel he had seen twice. He felt jealousy burning inside when the girl moved closer to Youngsaeng. The President paled when he saw the boy but then he glared at him. "Harry... What are you doing here?"

The new student smirked as he put away the pictures. "Whatever do you mean? I'm a new student here."

Youngsaeng looked over at his boyfriend but then saw that the latter had looked away. His eyebrows furrowed in puzzlement. "Joongie? What's wrong?"

Harry grinned and slipped Hyunjoong's hand out of his pocket and grabbed onto the boy's hand. "Too bad~ Hyunjoong's mine now."

The older boy grit his teeth and slipped his hand out of the latter's grip, putting it back into his pocket.

Youngsaeng's eyes widened and he began seething through his teeth. "What the heck? Tell me what's happening! Now!!!"

"You want me to tell you what's happening?" Harry grinned with an evil chuckle. "He's breaking up with you and coming to me. That's what's going on. Now move aside please. He has volunteered to show me around the school."

Youngsaeng ran up to Hyunjoong, clutching onto his uniform shirt as he felt tears boil in his eyes. "Joongie! Tell me yourself! Why aren't you saying anything? What are you doing? You really haven't left me right? You said you wouldn't! You said you wouldn't no matter what!"

The older boy avoided eye contact as he grit his teeth, forcing himself not to answer the desperate otter. Harry pushed Youngsaeng away and glared at him, linking his arms onto Hyunjoong's. "Also, his nickname's not going to be that pathetic Joongie anymore. It's going to be Hyun. Anyways, you're not his boyfriend anymore so you don't have the right to use that nickname anymore."

"What are you--"

"Give it up Youngsaeng," Harry snickered. "Hyunjoong loves me and only me now. He's forgotten about you. He doesn't like you anymore."

Youngsaeng's pupils dilated when Hyunjoong walked past him, not looking at him or even touching him. A few seconds later, he looked back and caught a second of eye contact, seeing the boy looking back at him. Tears trickled down his round cheeks as he collapsed onto the ground, not being able to hold back. Nara hurried over to him and began to comfort him, patting his back. She coaxed him over to a bench as she tried to calm him down. She gently pulled him into her arms but he pushed her away, turning away from her.

"It's okay..." she soothed as she his back with a soft smile. "It's okay, it's going to be alright. You'll be alright."

Youngsaeng felt his heart calm down as he listened to her tranquil voice. This girl's warmth seemed familiar but he didn't know from where. Then he noticed something. He quickly wiped his eyes.

"Are you okay now?" Nara asked quietly, patting his soft hair.

He sniffled. "You... You smell like camellia."

"Oh? Do I?" she questioned as she took her sleeve and brought it up to her nose and sniffed. "I don't smell anything."

Youngsaeng leaned in and took a breath, pulling away a few seconds later. "Yeah, you do smell like camellia. That's my favorite flower."

Nara beamed. "Really? That's mine, too! I guess I was around camellia around so I kind of carry around the scent. But it's a nice fragrance, isn't it?"

The otter nodded. "It's so embarassing to cry in front of a new student on their first day... Especially since I'm the President."

The girl grinned and ruffled his hair. "Hey, even though I just met you, I think we'll become really close friends. I'll be beside you, okay? There's nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'll be okay. Anyways, crying isn't something to be embarassed about. It's fine to let out your feelings in front of another. People say that crying isn't manly but even men cry so you can't really say that anymore, can you?"

Youngsaeng smiled lightly and stood up. "Yeah, I guess so. Come on, let's continue the tour."

"Oh, if you don't want to, we can go back now if you'd like."

"No, I want to talk with you a little more. I feel like I've met you before. I just don't know from where."

Nara smiled. "Really? What part of me is familiar?"

"I don't know..." the boy murmured and stopped walking. "Your aura, maybe... And I don't know. Just... you..."

The girl giggled. "You have met me before. So has Hyunjoong, actually."

"You know him?" Youngsaeng asked in shock as he turned around.

"Well... I only met him a few times but I think it was enough for me to recognize him," Nara chuckled. "What was your first thought when you saw me?"

Youngsaeng smiled lightly. "A nurturing feeling. As if I could trust you," the boy chuckled nervously. "Well... I kind of revealed my relationship with Hyunjoong to me so I guess I can only trust you no matter what."

Nara grinned. "Yeah, you can trust me. I'll be there for you, don't worry. Even if I'm new and maybe you think I'm a bit weird but I'm good at keeping secrets."

"I hope so," Youngsaeng sighed as he began walking again, Nara strolling after him and breathing in deeply the fresh air around her.

"Wow... This place is amazing. Foliage, a huge building... I'm so glad I came here," she gushed as her hands clasped together beind her back, trailing after the President. "Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, it's forgot if I don't call you formally right? I mean, you never said anything when I called you with your name."

"I don't care what people call me," Youngsaeng told her. "I feel uncomfortable when people talk to me politely. I'm the President but I'm also a student, there's no reason for there to be a gap between me and the rest of the school."

Nara smiled. "You're humble. I like that."

Youngsaeng stopped walking and looked away again, feeling tears welling up when he thought about Hyunjoong and Harry.

"I'm sorry... Just, don't look at me right now. It's shameful," the otter managed through his tears.

Nara exhaled as the President continuously wiped his eyes but the tears never seemed to stop.

He chuckled coldly. "I... I don't even know why I'm crying... It's so strange, this feeling...  My heart... it hurts..."

Nara all of a sudden also felt herself tearing up. She sighed. "Cry all you want. Shout out your feelings to the world. Don't hesitate. Let go of your emotions and leave yourself vulnerable. That's how you'll gain back your composition."

Youngsaeng sniffled and hiccupped, trying to stop. "I-I'm sorry. I-I just c-can't hold it back..."

Nara didn't say anything and closed her eyes, letting the breeze blow through her hair as she waited patiently. A few minutes later, the younger boy's tears finally stopped. He took a deep breath, wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

"Sorry for that..." he said, clearing his throat.

"Complain to me, tell me what's bothering you, I can endure all of it," the girl assured, grinning. "That guy beside Hyunjoong. Harry was his name? Tell me about him.

Youngsaeng responded frankly. "I don't like him. He does anything he can to get what he wants."

Nara nodded thoughtfully. "Anything, huh..."

They stood a meter distance away from each other as they walked calmly down the path. Nara smirked as she murmured to herself. "So that's what he's playing at."

Youngsaeng sniffled again and looked at her. "Did you say something?"

The girl turned to him and beamed. "No, nothing at all."

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe~ I edited it so I'm sorry for those who have already read it. If you would like, you can read it for I made quite a few changes. Well... the first half, there's not many but near the end, I almost changed the entire story. :3 Joking, joking. I didn't. The ending's still about the same. *grins*

Phew... Tired, now. Gonna go to sleep~~~