Meeting

Fated to Meet You

The next day after practice, the manager allowed Youngsaeng to go outside for a little while for a quick walk. Youngsaeng hurried to the park through the snow at 5 o'clock and looked around for YS.

"Youngsaeng!" a voice called. "What happened to your hair?"

He turned to see YS running towards him in his winter jacket. The two sat on the bench as they talked.

"Oh, the manager made me dye it yesterday," Youngsaeng replied with a huff. "He said that it was too lower the risk of the fans recognizing that it was not you singing on stage."

"Here's the bracelet," YS said as he gave the bracelet to Youngsaeng. The younger boy took it and quickly stuffed it into his pocket so no one would see.

"Thanks," Youngsaeng murmured. "Also, I was thinking."

"Hmm?"

"What are you two planning to do during New Years?"

"Oh, I don't know yet," YS replied with a chuckle. "Hyunjoong's always the one bringing this stuff and planning everything. I never know what he's thinking."

"He's unexpected and blurts out his thoughts many of the times," Youngsaeng told him. "But that's what I love about him."

"I'll call you if Hyunjoong tells me anything," YS told him.

"There's no need," Youngsaeng said. "I doubt the manager will let me go out on another date again. Just tell him for me that I will be preparing a special surprise for him on the 14th."

"But we're going to the concert on the 14th."

"The present will be at the concert," the otter revealed with a light grin. "It'll be at the end of the concert."

"Now I'm even excited to see what it is," YS giggled. "Anyways, I guess the manager must be expecting you to go back soon so you'd better head back before you get in trouble."

Youngsaeng nodded. "Yeah, I know. Okay then, see you. Call me to update me or I might call you but until the 14th, let's keep this meeting a secret, okay?"

YS agreed. "Yeah, bye!"

He waved as Youngsaeng walked off quickly into the distance, clutching onto the bracelet.

"Youngsaeng?" another voice came from behind YS.

He whipped around to see Hyunjoong walking into the park. "Was that YS I just saw?"

YS shook his head. "No, it was another friend of mine?"

"Oh? Who?"

"Umm... You don't know him... He came from America for a few days and so we met up to talk about a few things," YS hurriedly lied.

"Why'd he leave so suddenly?" Hyunjoong asked curiously. "I could've introduced myself to him."

"Oh, his mom called him and said that they were heading back to the airport soon so he had to go."

"I see... Anyways, do you want to come to my house? Eunmi noona's there."

"Oh, uh... Sure. I want to go home for a second first."

Hyunjoong waited downstairs on the couches as YS hurried upstairs, pretending to get something but actually pulled out his phone and called Youngsaeng.

"YS? What is it?" came Youngsaeng's voice from the other end of the line.

"Hyunjoong just invited me to his house and said something about a noona named Eunmi."

"Oh, Eunmi noona?" Youngsaeng echoed. "Well, me and her are really close. She's a few years older than me but I think she should be younger than you but still call her noona, of course."

"Youngsaeng!" Hyunjoong's voice came from downstairs but YS could hear him climbing up the stairs. "Are you done?"

"Oh shoot," YS hissed quickly. "He's coming upstairs. Sorry, I need to go."

"Wa--"

But YS hung up, quickly closing his phone and looked into a drawer, pretending to search for something. Hyunjoong knocked and then went in. "Youngsaeng? Who were you talking to?"

"No one! I was just talking to myself," YS hurriedly replied and walked out of the bedroom door. "Okay. I'm ready. Let's go."