In the Kitchen

Fated to Meet You

"Oh? Where are Youngsaeng and Youngmin?" Mrs. Kim asked the other students. "They're usually here for class."

"The two are cooking in the kitchen," Donghyun responded, his pencil tapping impatiently on the table. "Aish~ I wish they'd hurry up with the snacks. I want to eat already."

"I wonder what it's going to be this time, after the rainbow jelly and cream puffs," Minwoo wondered aloud, his lips.

"But doesn't Youngsaeng usually finish once school begins? Or even before school?" Kwangmin asked in puzzlement.

"Sorry we're late," Youngmin came from the kitchen door. They all turned to see that he was pushing out a cart of fruit tarts along with a set of tea. Youngsaeng tailed after him.

"Waht took you so long?" Minwoo whined impatiently.

"Mian..." Youngmin apologized as the younger boy didn't say anything. "Youngsaeng got here late today, as you all know, so we started a bit later than what we had planned yesterday."

"Come and sit down, you two," Mrs. Kim instructed with a light chuckle. "Do you have to eat the snacks right now?"

Youngmin looked at Youngsaeng. The President shook his head. "No. These aren't hot snacks so they can wait."

The other boys pouted in disappointment, wanting to eat right away. The pastries were always the best.

"I've been wondering Youngsaeng," Mrs. Kim began slowly. "You're really good at cooking. Ever since you've stopped running, you've been winning cooking competitions. Why don't you become a chef?"

Youngsaeng thought for a bit and then talked. "I... honestly like the idea of becoming a chef. Good food makes people smile, that's what I think. But I only began cooking because I couldn't run anymore. As a doctor, maybe I woud be able to help heal torn ligaments permanently."

The teacher nodded in understanding. "I see... Well then, let's get started. Today's an easy math review day."

The boys cheered; well, all except the otter who was calm and quiet. Mrs. Kim began handing out the booklets. "This is what the 3rd years are learning right now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask your peers or me. The answer sheets are separate and are at the back. I apologize if that's an inconvenience."

Youngsaeng took his booklet and began flipping through the pages, looking carefully at the questions. The others stared at him in confusion. Youngmin tapped the boy's shoulder, causing the latter to turn to face him.

"The answer sheet is separate..." Youngmin reminded him.

The boy turned back to flipping through the questions with a hum of agreement. They just watched intently as the otter reached the answer sheets and began writing answers down. Their jaws dropped with a silent thud on the ground.

"Is he even human?" Kwangmin murmured in shock. "That's crazy."

Donghyun, Hyunseong, and Jungmin turned to their booklets, as did Youngmin and Minwoo. Kwangmin watched as the otter finished the answer sheets and stood up, heading over to Mrs. Kim to get his work checked. Sighing, he turned to his own and began solving equations. Soon, Youngsaeng walked back to the desk. Minwoo noticed that he didn't have his booklet.

"Where's your booklet?" he asked curiously. Perhaps there were so many wrong that Mrs. Kim needed more time to correct all the mistake. Heehee.

"Mrs. Kim wanted it as an answer key."

Total opposite. That meant he had gotten everything right.

Soon, Youngmin finished and also headed over to the teacher's desk followed by Hyunseong and then Minwoo, Kwangmin, Jeongmin, and lastly, Donghyun.

"Where's Youngsaeng?" Jeongmin questioned as the boy was nowhere to be seen.

"He's probably in the kitchen again," Youngmin replied and headed over to check. He was right. Youngsaeng was in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" the older boy asked.

"Making something," was the blunt answer.

The blondie didn't ask anymore and watched. Looking at the cooking tray, he realized what it was. "Brownies?"

"Mmhmmm."

"Do you want me to help?"

"No, it's alright. Go and eat the fruit tarts."

Youngmin nodded. "if you need help, call me okay?"

Youngsaeng simply hummed as he mixed the batter. When the blonde boy arrived back in the room, he saw that everyone was stuffing themselves with the fruit tarts.

"Ya!" he snapped. "Eat slowly! Slowly!"

At lunch, the otter finished baking the brownies and was concentrated on squirting whip cream on them. The door to the room opened and in squich Hyunjoong, Jungmin, Hyungjun and Kyujong.

"Wow, the girls and boys really know how to crowd the hallways," Kyujong sighed.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Hyungjun greeted cheerfully. "I'm Hyungjun!"

"Annyeong!" the honor students exclaimed and welcomed them.

"Youngsaeng's in the kitchen," Minwoo told them.

Hyunjoong thanked him and slid the door open to see his boyfriend's back facing him. He crept up on the focusing otter and peeked over his shoulder. Whip cream.

"Youngsaeng," he said suddenly, causing the prince to jump in surprise.

The boy whipped around and glared at the older boy. "Ya! Don't scare me like that! I almost messed up the whip cream!"

Hyunjoong chuckled and poked the cheeks of the pouting otter who had turned back to decorating the chocolate brownies. After he finished, he took the plate and headed to the main room.

"Ooh! Brownies!" Hyungjun squealed in delight as he took one and popped it into his mouth. "Thanks hyung!"

Youngsaeng smiled lightly and put the plate down on the table. "Seonsaengnim, do you want one?"

"Ah, sure!" Mrs. Kim said with a smile as she walked over and took one. "Wow, these look like they were bought."

The otter turned to the honor students. "How were the fruit tarts?"

"Awesome!" Youngmin exclaimed proudly.

"Really good!" Jeongmin praised.

"The best," Hyunseong complimented, giving two thumbs up.

"Eh? They got fruit tarts?" Jungmin whined in disappointment.

"I thought I had baked enough but they ate more than I had expected," the prince confessed. "I'll bake a few more for you guys tomorrow, arasseo?"

Kyujong hugged the boy. "You're the best, Youngsaeng~"

"Kyujong," they heard Hyunjoong growl as he glared at his friend.

Youngsaeng looked at his watch. "Oh, it's time to prepare lunch. I'll be back in a minute." He turned and gestured to the blonde twin. "Youngmin hyung, come with me."

The blondie got up and followed the President into the kitchen. Hyunjoong watched longingly and went over to the brunette twin. "Just how close are Youngmin and Youngsaeng?"

"They're always in the kitchen together," Kwangmin responded with a shrug. "Hyung said that cooking's fun so he's learning from Youngsaeng."

"Jealous?" Hyungjun teased from behind him.

Hyunjoong just pouted. Minwoo laughed and patted the older boy on the back.

"Lunch is ready!" Youngmin called from the kitchen.

Everyone rushed to the kitchen, lining up with plates and utensils. Youngsaeng poked his head out the door. "Mrs. Kim! You, too!"

"Oh! Thank you very much," she exclaimed as she got up and hurried in.

"Yay! Curry!" Kwangmin cheered as he scooped rice.

Youngsaeng stood at the side to monitor as Youngmin helped pour curry. Finally, when everyone got their share, Youngmin and Youngsaeng joined them with their own plates.

"Youngsaeng's the best~" Hyunjoong sang as he ate with a wide grin.

The otter didn't seem to hear his boyfriend and didn't react to it. He ate quietly, not talking much.

"Hyung," Hyungjun began quietly.

Youngsaeng looked up. "Hmm?"

"Is there something wrong?"

"No, why?"

"You... seem a little quiet today... I'm a bit worried."

The prince smiled and patted the baby on the head. "Don't worry, I'm fine. Just a little tired but I'm perfectly okay."