Appearance of the Angel

Fated to Meet You

Right when they burst out the exit, they separated and ran around the place in search of help. The firemen were already there, trying to put out the fire. The patients were all in tents, getting treated as they usually were with the nurses and doctors. The police men surrounded the area, preventing any pedestrians from entering the danger zone.

"Excuse me," Youngsaeng's aunt began to a police man. "My nephew is still in the building and he's on a wheelchair right now. Can someone place go rescue him? He's in critical danger."

"I'm sorry miss, the fire right now is too large so no one is allowed to go in."

"Please! Someone has to save my nephew!" she begged but the police man still shook his head.

Everyone went around but no one was willing to help. They gathered again in desperation.

"What are we going to do?" Hyungjun frantically asked. "Hyung is still in there! Someone needs to go and save him."

Hyunjoong stood up with determined eyes. "I can't lose him again. I can't let him sacrifice himself just to save your lives again."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going back in there," Hyunjoong muttered and started to run towards the burning building.

"Hyung! Stop!" Jungmin and Kyujong shrieked in panic, hurrying after the boy. "Stop it! Don't go back in there!"

But before Hyunjoong was able to go in, he spotted a white glow heading towards them from inside the building. Stopping near the entrance, the white glow got closer and he saw the it was carrying something in its arms. Backing away, Kyujong and Jungmin stopped beside him and also saw the white glow.

"What... is that...?" Jungmin whispered in disbelief.

As it got closer, the three would see the figure more clearly. A girl with wings on her back, glowing, wearing a white silken dress, her long black hair trailing down her back, her eyes cold. She stepped through the fire, carrying a boy in her arms. When she was close enough, they saw who it was.

Hyunjoong collapsed, partly in shock but also in sudden relief. Youngsaeng was unconscious but he wasn't hurt. The only wounds were the previous ones in which he was recovering from. Right when the angel exited the buildling, he ran up to her with tears in his eyes. "Thank you... for saving him again... Thank you..."

For the first time, he saw the girl smile lightly as she passed Youngsaeng into his arms. "He has a kind soul. God has willed him to live once again."

She disappeared in a whoosh, leaving Hyunjoong with the otter. Jungmin and Kyujong rushed to his aid, quickly bringing him away from the burning building.

"Hyung!" Hyungjun exclaimed when he saw Youngsaeng, safe and sound, in Hyunjoong's arms.

"Thank goodness," Youngsaeng's aunt breathed. "Thank god he's alive..."

"Yeah, we should thank God," Kyujong murmured. "He was the one that saved Youngsaeng."

"He saved him twice," Hyunjoong corrected. "When Youngsaeng was lying in the bed after the explosion, that same angel came to the hospital and brought him back to life. She saved him again just now."

The older boy gently lay Youngsaeng on the grass, being careful not to cause any additional injuries and placed the boy's head on his lap.

"I don't know what I would've did if Youngsaeng died..." his aunt murmured, her hand on her chest. "That boy's always thinking of someone else's safety."

Hyunjoong smiled lightly. "He just saved our lives twice. He can really work miracles."

"Nn..."

They heard Youngsaeng groan slightly and they watched as he slowly opened his eyes and the first person he saw was the one looming above him. Shrieking in surprise, he suddenly sat up and hit Hyunjoong in the chin.

"Ah!" he gasped. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to, I'm sorry!"

Hyunjoong sat up with a grin. "I'm fine, don't worry."

"Hyung!" Hyungjun exclaimed with tears in his eyes and hugged Youngsaeng tightly. "I'm not never letting go of you again. You almost caused me to have another heart attack."

"Wait, I'm alive...?" Youngsaeng muttered in confusion.

"You were saved by an angel," Jungmin told him. "She brought you out of the fire and handed you over to Hyunjoong hyung."

"An angel..." Youngsaeng echoed softly. "

Hyunjoong nodded. "The same one saved you twice, believe it or not. I saw her face both times so I confidently say that it was the same girl."

Youngsaeng's aunt came over and hugged the young boy tightly. "Don't ever scare me like that again. I was already devastated enough when I heard from the doctor that you were in the hospital near death."

"I'm sorry, auntie..." he apologized.

"Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong started. "You were ready to die, weren't you? When we were made eye contact, I could tell."

The otter looked away from the others but nodded. "Yeah, I never thought I'd survive. I was prepared."

"Why do you always think of others before yourself?" his aunt cried, tears starting to drip as she started to shake as she tightly held onto Youngsaeng. "Next time, be a bit more selfish, okay? Save yourself, alright?"

"Neh..." the boy murmured.

"Auntie, let me scold him, too," Hyungjun pleaded from the side.

Youngsaeng's aunt pulled away and let Hyungjun throw himself onto Youngsaeng.

"Ya! I'm still injured, y'know?" Youngsaeng grumbled.

"Hyung," Hyungjun started. "If you ever... ever put your life on the line again, make sure you take me with you."

"What?!" Youngsaeng and Jungmin exclaimed.

They stared at each other and everyone else stared at Jungmin. He smiled awkwardly. "N-No, I meant that why should Youngsaeng hyung take Hyungjun along with him when he's trying to save those around him?"

"The thing is, I'm never going to do that," Youngsaeng sighed.

"You have to because I'm going to be clinging to you like glue from now on," Hyungjun told him.

Youngsaeng looked at Jungmin and saw eyes of disappointment. He whispered in Hyungjun's ear. "Soon, you'll be able to find someone who you want to be with more than me."

"What do you mean?"

He smirked. "Sorry, just my nonsense. Don't listen to me."