Cultural Festival: Part 4

Fated to Meet You

Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong plopped onto a bench behind the school in the garden, laughing and catching their breaths. The otter went over to a patch of grass and lay down, his legs and arms outspread. Hyunjoong lay on the opposite side of him, the tops of their heads touching.

"Otter," Hyunjoong began slowly.

"Neh?"

"I... The other day, I found the girl with your bracelet and asked her why she said that I had given it to her," the older boy continued.

"Oh? What'd she say?"

"She said... She said that she really liked me... And saw me putting the bag there so she took it out of anger..." Hyunjoong explained quietly. There was a silence for a while. Hyunjoong got up and looked down at Youngsaeng, blocking the sunlight. "Why aren't you saying anything? You're scaring me..."

"I... I'm thinking..." the prince murmured and rolled onto his side.

"Thinking about what?"

Youngsaeng didn't answer again and sat up, gazing at the giant fountain in the center of the garden. Hyunjoong sat beside him, his heart nervous of what the latter's feelings actually were.

"I..." the otter finally started to talk. "I really... am astonished. I mean, she's a girl and when I saw her, I must admit, she was pretty... I think the bracelet fit her, it looked really good on her, to be honest."

The cow stared at Youngsaeng.

"Since it's like that, you--"

Hyunjoong silenced the prince with a strong kiss. "Don't you dare, Youngsaeng."

The otter looked at him in puzzlement. "Dare what?"

"If you break up with me again, I will go and commit suicide," Hyunjoong threatened but twitched when he saw the latter chuckle lightly.

"Break up? What do you mean? Why would I break up with you?"

"Well... Weren't you going to say that maybe I fit with her better than I did with you?"

Youngsaeng shook his head. "No, of course not. I was going to say that since she looks so good with that bracelet, you should let her keep it."

"O-Oh..." Hyunjoong murmured, smiling awkardly. "Whoops, my mistake then."

The otter exhaled. Why can't I just tell him? Why do I always say things I don't want to say? I want to tell him that I'm jealous but what keeps on stopping me...? Why?

"But..." the older boy continued as his cheerful grin came back and he pulled something out of his pocket. "I got it back already."

Youngsaeng looked at what he was holding and saw the rose bracelet dangling from Hyunjoong's finger. He huffed with a smile. Hyunjoong quickly took the boy's wrist and clipped it closed again.

"There, it's back where it belongs," Hyunjoong giggled.

The otter lifted up his arm and looked at it as it sparkled in the sunlight, shining brightly.

"Joongie-ah..." he started strongly. "I lied."

"What? Lied about what?"

"Lied about letting that girl keep the bracelet," Youngsaeng confessed, determined to tell the truth.

Hyunjoong tilted his head in confusion as the otter continued to talk. "I... I really thought the bracelet looked good on her so I thought that maybe you would match better with her than with me."

"So it was like that..." the boy grumbled and hugged the prince, burying his nose into the crook of the boy's neck. "Nope, no one will ever match with me as well as you do. Don't think that way. We're the perfect match as long as we love each other."

Youngsaeng smiled as he finally felt relieved and calm after he had revealed his true thoughts. He pushed Hyunjoong away and connected their lips softly, closing his eyes. Hyunjoong tilted his head and s his arms under the otter's arms and around the waist, bringing the boy closer. They slowly broke away when they felt like they needed air, panting. Youngsaeng blushed and shied away, even though he was the one that had started the kiss. Hyunjoong leaned over and lightly the boy's swollen, red lips before pressing his against the prince's again.

A few moments later, Youngsaeng pulled away. "At home, remember?"

Hyunjoong pouted. "Aish~ Why not here? I don't like waiting..."

The otter chuckled. "You'll have to learn to be patient. After all, you're not going to see me for almost 6 years when I study abroad."

The older boy stared at Youngsaeng, his eyes wide. "What? Study abroad????????"

The prince returned his stare, blinking owlishly. "Well... Yeah... I thought you knew. No wonder you never asked. I was confused there for a while because you never asked about it."

"How would I know?" Hyunjoong exclaimed in shock, shaking Youngsaeng by the shoulders. "You never told me!"

"I told the whole school and you were there," the boy said in puzzlement. "At the Entrance Ceremony speech, I announced that I was planning to study abroad in America after I graduated."

"Ehh? So that's why everyone began to cheer?" Hyunjoong questioned in surprise. "Jungmin and I were really confused as to why they all of a sudden began to scream and stuff."

"Oh yes, that's because of my announcement," Youngsaeng told him. "But how come you didn't know? Were you listening?"

The older boy blushed and looked away. "Well... To part of it..."

The otter huffed. "Come on hyung, that was a speech I worked really hard on... You could've done the very least and that was to listen even if we were separate at that time."

"Mianhae... Wait, how many years did you say?"

"Six years."

"I can't see you for six years?" Hyunjoong asked in disbelief. "No way... But that's... Why???"

"Because it takes four years to get the bachelor degree and another two years for master's degree," Youngsaeng explained to him. "That, in total, takes six years."

"But... for six years... That's unbelievable... I won't be able to survive!!!"

Youngsaeng smiled and patted him on the back. "No worries Joongie, you will. We can still Skype, email, and talk to each other through the phone. We'll still see each other and hear each other's voices."

"But that's not the same," Hyunjoong whined in complaint.

"Time will fly by fast," the otter said and stood up, holding the latter's hand. "Come on, let's go. It's time for the scavenger hunt."