Confusion

Fated to Meet You

The next day at lunch, Hyunjoong took initiative and pulled the otter up to the roof. "You told me yesterday that you were going to tell me what was wrong. Tell me right now."

Youngsaeng leaned onto the wall, looking away. "Well... There's really nothing wrong, actually."

"Otter, you've been acting weird recently," Hyunjoong pointed out. "Yesterday, you forgot who I was for a second and I had to tell you. Then you suddenly smiled at me, which is something you woud never do for no reason. Also, you sprinted for more than 5 minutes towards your house. You would've had to begun limping by then but you were fine."

"Is it not fine to smile once in a while?" Youngsaeng objected.

"This isn't about smiling, Youngsaeng. It's about you. What's wrong?"

"Yesterday, I was just feeling really good so I was able to sprint for a long time. I didn't even notice," Youngsaeng lied sheepishly. "And I do zone out sometimes. I forget things, just like normal people."

"Youngsaeng, I'm going to ask again," he growled, slamming his hand against the wall beside the boy's head, causing him to flinch away a little bit. "What is wrong? What do you have in your mind that is causing you so much stress?"

"It's nothing, hyung!" Youngsaeng exclaimed frantically. "I promise you, it's nothing. There's really nothing."

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

"You're definitely lying."

"I'm telling you, I'm not."

"I know you're lying."

"Even if I was, I wouldn't be able to tell you the truth," he suddenly blurted, face red. 

"What... do you mean...?"

"I'm sorry hyung. I just can't right now. Nothing bad's happening but I'm in a tight situation right now. I just can't say anything. Please, don't worry about me. I'm fine. It's just that I'm just a little stressed but that's really it."

"Are you sure?"

Youngsaeng nodded. "Definitely. There's nothing to worry about."

Hyunjoong reluctantly pulled away. "Fine... You can talk to me whenever you feel like it, okay?"

"Okay."

 

That day after school, Youngsaeng hurried home first, leaving his boyfriend alone. 

"I'm home!" he exclaimed when he stepped into the house.

Hachi ran to the door to greet him followed closely by YS. "Welcome home. Want a snack?"

"Sure."

After handing a plate of sandwiches over to Youngsaeng, YS leashed up Hachi and smiled. "I'm going to take Hachi for a quick walk."

"Yeah. Come back soon."

YS exited the house and began to calmly walk the dog again, his eyes flitting around to see if Hyunjoong was around. He didn't want to run into him again or else who knew what would happen? He would probably panic again and run away. Fortunately for him, none of Youngsaeng's friends appeared from the beginning to end of the walk. 

After dinner, he saw Youngsaeng putting on his coat, his clothes changed from his uniform to casual clothes. 

"Where are you going?"  YS asked curiously.

"Just for a nightly walk," Youngsaeng told him. "I need some fresh air right now to clear my head."

"Go ahead."

Youngsaeng stepped outside and inhaled deeply, stretching his arms out. As he walked beside the river, he gazed at the sparkling river under the faint moonlight. It was beautiful, breathtaking as he saw fireflies flying in crowds, twirling around each other as if having a festival of lights. 

Suddenly, he felt a hand grab his arm and begin dragging him somewhere. He whipped his head around to see a man with a frown, taking him to a car at the side of the road. 

"Hey! Let go! Where are you taking me?" he screamed frantically, trying to pull his arm out or pry the fingers off of him but the man was strong.

"Did you think you could really escape your job. You're going back. Now!"

"What are you talking back?" he shrieked. "LET GO!!!!!"

Youngsaeng was pushed into the car's backseats and he tried to get out from the other side, only to be pushed back in. The doors locked and the man got into the driver's seat, beginning to drive. 

"What the heck!!!!! Let me out!!!!!!" Youngsaeng shouted, kicking the seat. "You're mistaken! I'm not YS!!!!!!!!!"

"Anyone can recognize you even if you dyed your hair," the man growled. "I told you that by this afternoon, if you didn't come back, we would search for you."

"I SAID I'M NOT YS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M YOUNGSAENG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"