Vacation

Fated to Meet You

Throughout the rest of the week, including the school days, Hyunjoong made Youngsaeng do it everywhere. On the roof of the school, in the school bathroom, at home on a table, on the couch, in the car, anywhere that was suitable, they did it there.

On Friday night, they packed their things, enough to stay for one night, and then the next morning, woke up extra early. Hyunjoong led Youngsaeng to the airport. The younger boy looked at the ticket and his eyebrows furrowed when he saw where they were going: North Jeolla.

"Joongie," he suddenly murmured as he pulled onto the boy's jacket.

Hyunjoong turned as they were walking through the airport towards the bag checking area. "Neh?"

"We're going to North Jeolla?"

The older boy smiled. "Yeah, of course."

"I'm from North Jeolla," Youngsaeng told him.

"Eh? Really?" the cow exclaimed in surprise. "But... was the orphanage also in North Jeolla?"

Youngsaeng nodded.

"Then that means Eunmi noona is also from North Jeolla?"

The otter nodded again. "I thought you knew..."

"Stop assuming I know everything," Hyunjoong huffed as he pulled Youngsaeng faster towards the gates. "Anyways, aren't you excited then? We're going to your home province. Let's go visit your mother's grave. I want to say hi to her."

"I don't know where she was buried," the boy confessed quietly as he slowed down, looking down at his feet. "She died when I was only a month old, I have no idea where my father had her buried. I would have no way of remembering if I was that small, anyway..."

Hyunjoong looked down sadly at his lover and brought him into a hug, resting his chin on the latter's shoulder. "It's okay, Otter... There's nothing wrong with that. It's not your fault."

Youngsaeng buried his face into the latter's chest and stayed there for a few seconds, breathing in his boyfriend's scent before pulling away with a smile. "Let's go now or we'll be late for the plane?"

The cow smiled back. "Okay, let's go."

"Which city are we visiting?" the boy asked curiously. "Which temple?"

"I told you, it's all a secret," Hyunjoong stuck his tongue out and laughed as he pulled along the innocent otter.

On the plane, the two sat next to each other.

"The ride won't be long," the older boy told the latter. "Only one to two hours but you can sleep if you want."

Youngsaeng hummed and leaned his head onto Hyunjoong's shoulder, closing his eyes. The cow blushed slighlty as he ruffled the boy's hair. He put up the arm rest and carefully moved Youngsaeng down to his lap, petting his soft, brown hair with a light smile. The younger boy fell asleep in a matter of minutes without further words.

"We are arriving at Gunsan Airport. Please have your seatbelts fastened ad stay seated until the light above you turns off. Thank you. We hope you enjoyed with us."

Hyunjoong gently coaxed the boy to wake up. Youngsaeng's eyes slowly opened and he smiled slightly when he saw Hyunjoong looking down at him. The cow helped the otter sit up.

"We're here already?" Youngsaeng murmured as he looked around and peered out the window.

"We're in Gunsan," Hyunjoong told him.

The younger boy nodded and when the light turned off after the plane stopped, he and Hyunjoong stood up, grabbed their bags from above and headed out of the plane along with the other passengers. Since they were only going to be staying in North Jeolla for one night, they didn't need a lot of luggage, only having one backpack for each of them, they directly exited the airport.

"Where in North Jeolla are you from?" the older boy questioned.

"Gochang-gun."

"Eh? That's where I was planning to go! I wanted to go to the temple there!"

"Seonunsa temple?"

"The surprise is ruined now..." Hyunjoong whined as he hurried after Youngsaeng.

"I've never been there so it still can be somewhat of a surprise," Youngsaeng said with a light smile as he stopped walking.

"Are we going by bus or by car?" Hyunjoong asked Youngsaeng.

"Well... You can drive, right? I'd say going by car would be faster but the gas isn't cheap," the latter remarked.

Hyunjoong chuckled. "Whatever, let's just go by car."

Youngsaeng led the boy to a car rental shop and headed to the front desk as Hyunjoong looked around, sitting down on one of the soft couches in the waiting area.

Half an hour later, he walked over to Youngsaeng, who was still busy talking with the counterperson so didn't take any notice of him. He pouted and waited until his boyfriend was finally done.

"Joongie-ah," Youngsaeng began as Hyunjoong started the car.

"Neh?"

"Can... we go visit the orphanage?"

--------------------------

Finally, almost 5 hours later, they arrived at the orphanage and got out of the car, stretching. Youngsaeng ran the doorbell of the gate and an elderly woman appeared out the building door a few seconds later.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo," the woman greeted politely as she bowed. "You are visitors, I assume? Here to adopt?"

"Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Song," Youngsaeng said with a smile as he bowed. Hyunjoong bowed with him.

Mrs. Song's eyes widened. "Omo! Is that you, Youngsaeng? From the orphanage so many years ago?"Y

Youngsaeng nodded. "Neh."

"Omo, omo!" she repeated as she quickly opened the gate and stepped forward to the taller boy. "Aigoo~ You've become so beautiful. I still remember when you were still a small toddler. Such a cute little boy. You've grown into a young man. Aigoo~"

Youngsaeng smiled awkwardly and bowed again for the compliments. Hyunjoong stood awkwardly at the side while the two talked.

"And who is this beside you?" Mrs. Song asked Youngsaeng, gesturing to Hyunjoong. "Wow, he's also handsome."

"Ah, my name's Hyunjoong," the boy introduced. "I'm Youngsaeng's..."

The cow looked at the younger boy for help. The otter smiled. "We're in a relationship."

"Omo, with a guy?" the woman questioned to Youngsaeng.

The prince smiled again nervously. "N-Neh..."

Hyunjoong stepped in front of Youngsaeng and looked down at the teacher. "Is there something wrong with that?"

"No! Of course not!" she exclaimed as she brightened again and stepped aside, leading them in. "I was just surprised. Come in, come in. We have beverages and treats."

"Neh, gangsahamnida," Youngsaeng said as he bowed and followed the woman with Hyunjoong.

The three sat down together but a minute later, the doorbell rang again. Mrs. Song stood up. "Oh, I'll just go that."

Hyunjoong turned to Youngsaeng when the teacher had left. "Are you alright? Tired?"

"No, I'm okay," the otter replied with a light smile. "It's nice to be back here. Really... brings back memories."

"Good or bad memories?"

"Both. It's kind of mixed. Nostalgic," the prince answered shortly.

Hyunjoong wrapped his arm around the boy's waist. "If you feel uncomfortable, tell me, okay?"

Youngsaeng grinned as he leaned his head on the shoulder of the older boy. "Neh~"

They turned when they saw the boy open again and Hyunjoong noticed Youngsaeng's eyes immediately widen when another young teenage boy stepped in with the teacher.