List of Things

Fated to Meet You

Hyunjoong made sure to look after Youngsaeng properly after that so that nothing like abduction happened again. Starting from a few days ago, he began to make a list of his favorite times of the day and rank them every night. Every day, he would go through his list and decide what he wanted to do. It became a strange habit but the list made his life a lot easier in deciding things, in his point of view. Here was his Favorite Times of the Day list:

1. When making love to Youngsaeng. 

2. When kissing Youngsaeng. 

3. When hugging Youngsaeng. 

4. When eating Youngsaeng's food. 

5. When going out on a date with Youngsaeng. 

6. When seeing Youngsaeng smile. 

7. When taking pictures with Youngsaeng. 

8. When listening to Youngsaeng sing.

That was his eight things. He also had things at night that he liked to write about: 

1. Stare at Youngsaeng's face. 

2. Hug Youngsaeng while sleeping.

3. ...

He didn't have anything for the third slot as he didn't have anything else to do. He knew that the first thing he did in bed made him seem like a stalker but he didn't care. It made him happy and he was fine with it. Youngsaeng had no idea anyway since the boy was always already asleep. He had also decided to make a third list of things to do with Youngsaeng which consisted of a lot of things. But he had a top five in which he was still working on to complete: 

1. Go on a date to the zoo.

2. Go to a love hotel and... Hehehe~

3. Kiss in the rain.

4. Vacation to Jeju Island.

5. Bake him a perfect cake alone.

On Sunday, he looked at his list of things to do, pouting. He hadn't been able to complete any of them. He tried to bake a cake but it ended up disastrous and the vacation to Jeju Island would have to wait until summer break. The date... He looked outside and sighed as it was drizzling. But then he brightened when he thought of kissing Youngsaeng in the rain. 

All of a sudden, he heard the front door open. "Joongie, I'm heading out for a while to buy a few groceries, okay?" Hyunjoong hurried downstairs and saw that his lover was already gone. 

He clenched his fist and nodded to himself. This was the perfect timing. 

Back at home, Youngsaeng had arrived and started putting the groceries away. 

"Joongie, can you come down and help?" he yelled upstairs but there was no answer. Hyunjoong usually always answered him even though it was chore-related. Furrowing his eyebrows in question, he started up the stairs and headed into his room. That's where his boyfriend always was but this time, the room was empty and so was the other room and the washroom. "Joongie!" he exclaimed through the house. Hachi stirred and jumped down the couch to help his owner. 

"Hachi, where's Hyunjoong?" he asked the dog worriedly. "Did he go out for a run in the rain? But it's pouring out." Hachi strolled over to the table and began hopping onto his hind legs, trying to get something on the table. 

Youngsaeng noticed the piece of folded paper. "A note?" he questioned softly as he unfolded it and read. His eyes immediately widened and color seemed to drain out of his face. Clenching the note, he threw his coat back on, dashing out the door. The note kept on repeating in his head. 

I have Kim Hyunjoong in my custody. If you want him back, find us at the park. Come before it's too late. 

As he ran across the wet road a dull pain began to form in his knee. The pain came faster than before now and it also grew more quickly. Hyunjoong... He has to be okay... He has to be okay... 

Once he arrived at the park, he looked around frantically, panting. The rain soaked his hair and his pants but the jacket managed to repel most of the water off of his upper body. All of a sudden, something from behind him covered his eyes. 

"Let me go!" he yelled in panic and jumped out of the person's arms, whipping around to see in surprised that it was none other than Hyunjoong. "You... Where's the kidnapper? They left a note and told me..."

Hyunjoong grinned playfully. "There's no kidnapper. I wanted you to--" He was cut off when he felt his head turn sharply sideways, his cheek aching. Youngsaeng grit his teeth. "You idiot!" he shouted in anger, his hands clenching into fists. "How could you pull off a prank like that? Do you know how scared I was? What would have happened if that was for real? What would I have done? What were you thinking?" 

Hyunjoong saw tears welling up in Youngsaeng's eyes, the pit of guilt in his stomach digging deeper. To stop the boy from screaming, he hurriedly pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry... Forgive me Otter... I'm really sorry."

Youngsaeng stopped yelling but began sobbing into the latter's thoroughly wetted shirt, hitting his chest lightly. "Why did you have to do that...? Don't scare me so much... I was so worried that something happened to you."

The older boy buried his nose in his lover's shoulder, closing his eyes. "Mian..." He pulled away and cupped Youngsaeng's face with a soft smile, gently connecting their lips. Youngsaeng shut his eyes and sighed in the kiss, slowly tilting his head and wrapping his arms around the latter's waist to pull him closer. They stayed there for a few moments before pulling away. Hyunjoong was completely oblivious to the fact that he had completed the mission he had set for himself.

"Forgive me?" Hyunjoong murmured. Youngsaeng blushed and nodded slightly, looking down. He reached out and took the older boy's hand but instead of relaxing, he suddenly switched his gaze to his lover, with his other hand, slapping his head onto the boy's forehead with wide eyes. Immediately, Youngsaeng began pulling Hyunjoong back towards the house.

"Because of your right of mind today, you are in such big trouble," Youngsaeng growled when Hyunjoong asked him what was wrong. The latter brightened. "Do I get punishment?"

"Yes. Yes, you do."

---------------------------

"Now lie in bed for the rest of the day and do not get out unless you have to use the washroom," the younger boy ordered when Hyunjoong had finished changing out of his dripping wet clothes.

Youngsaeng grabbed a towel and continued drying Hyunjoong's hair. The symptoms of the cold began to kick in as Hyunjoong suddenly sneezed and coughed a few times, sniffling and then sneezing again.

"This... is the punishment?" the boy grumbled in disappointment. The prince huffed. "What did you expect? You had better not have thought of something else with the weird mind of yours. Now go to sleep and don't wake up until I tell you to."

"Stay with me," Hyunjoong pleaded as he grabbed the otter's hand tightly with his bottom lip sticking out, trembling as if he were about to cry. Youngsaeng let out a breath. "I need to get your medicine. Stay here and I'll be back in a sec, okay?"

Hyunjoong watched as Youngsaeng stepped out of the room and shouted. "One! You're supposed to be back by now!"

"Don't take it literally!" the younger exclaimed back as he was walking down the stairs.