Woken Up

Fated to Meet You

"Hyung! Hyunjoong hyung! Kim Hyunjoong! Ireona! Kim Hyunjoong!" they all shouted, trying to get the boy lying on the bench to wake up.

He stirred and opened his eyes to see Kyujong, his mother, Jungmin and Hyungjun standing above him with worried eyes. There were police around him. He sat up, rubbing his head. "What happened...?"

"You don't remember?" Kyujong asked him. "We were in the hotel and..."

"No, I remember now," Hyunjoong muttered and then suddenly realized that there was one person missing. "Where's Youngsaeng?"

"Youngsaeng? Who's that?" his mother asked in puzzlement.

"Sorry, he's just out of it. He meant Youngmi," Jungmin covered for the older boy.

He stood up from the bench and went to Jungmin. "Where's Youngsaeng? Tell me where Youngsaeng is. Tell me now!"

Jungmin looked away and tightened his lips, "He just... He had some business to attend so he left--"

"He's dead."

They all turned to the voice. It was Kyujong.

"W-What...?"

"Youngsaeng's dead," Kyujong repeated, trying to stop his voice from trembling. "Youngsaeng's gone! Get it? He's DEAD!!!!"

Hyungjun broke down into the tears he had been holding back, crying and trembling into Jungmin's chest. Jungmin also shed tears as he tried to comfort the boy. Kyujong was just about to cry as so was Hyunjoong.

"Youngsaeng... He's... He's dead...?" he murmured in shock, not noticing his tears starting to drip. "Youngsaeng..."

He screamed and collapsed onto his knees, his tears pouring down freely. Kyujong approached the older boy and patted him on the back, also crying.

 

"If I don't make it... Tell hyung that I will always be watching over him. There's no need to worry about me."

 

Only then did Kyujong realize that Youngsaeng had been prepared to die in the beginning, had been ready to sacrifice himself to sacrifice the lives of others, especially those important to him.

 

"I won't tell him. I believe that I will see you again."

 

He remembered his words and he still believed that he would see Youngsaeng again, not in the next life, but still in this one. He still believed that Youngsaeng was alive. He was not going to tell Hyunjoong what Youngsaeng had wanted. Not until it was official that Youngsaeng had passed away. Not until the end of his funeral. Not until he had searched every corner of the Earth.

Crouching there in a tight ball, Hyunjoong sobbed violently, not knowing what to do. His mother bent down and rubbed his back, wrapping her arms around him to comfort him, even if it was just a litte.

"There... There..." she murmured, soothing him gently.

He cried into his mother's shoulders, shaking and sniffling. Kyujong watched them all mourn for the loss of Youngsaeng with crystal droplets falling. Maybe he should tell them. Maybe it really was time. Suddenly, he heard a phone on the bench ring.

"It's ringing," he said with a slight mysterious tone.

"W-What is....?" Hyunjoong hiccupped.

"It's ringing," he murmured, facing his hyung. "Your phone is ringing."

Hyunjoong shot up and rushed to the bench and picked up his phone. The caller was an unknown number.

"Yeobeoseyo," he sniffed into the phone, not being able to stop his tears again.

"Is this... Kim Hyunjoong-ssi?" a male voice said from the other side of the line.

"Eo... neh..."

"Well, I'm calling from the hospital and it seems like there's someone here that's related to you whom is currently being treated in the emergency room. He is in critical condition. I ask you to come and see for yourself to see if you know this person."

"How did you know my number?" he quickly asked, a new spark of hope lit in his heart.

"The man had his cellphone and his wallet safe in his pockets. There was one contact that seemed pretty close to him and the other name was Kim Hyunjoong and so, I ended up calling you."

"May I ask what his name is?"

"The driving license says... Heo Youngsaeng."

"I'll be right there!" Hyunjoong exclaimed, shooting up from the bench.

He closed his phone and turned to Kyujong. "He's alive... Youngsaeng's alive! We have to go see him. The doctor said he's in the hospital and is being treated in the emergency room. We have to go!"

Hyunjoong turned to his mother. "Please, let me go. I have to go."

"If it's for your girlfriend, then go ahead," his mother replied and they immediately ran towards the van, jumping in and shooting off towards the hospital.