History

Fated to Meet You

During lunch, Hyunjoong dragged Hyungjun out of the 1A class and into an isolated area of the school, in the corner to talk. The two crouched down in the shadows, hiding and speaking softly so that nobody could overhear.

"What's up with you?" Hyungjun asked in confusion as to why the older boy was moving so quickly.

"You've been with Otter ever since he was little, right?" the cow asked.

"Neh..."

"Do... Do you know what happened when he was in middle--"

"Don't talk about," Hyungjun interrupted, standing up. "Just... don't even bring that time up..."

"What? Why? Please, tell me what happened?" Hyunjoong begged, grabbing the latter's wrist and pulling him down again. "The other day... A few days ago, Youngsaeng suddenly had a mental breakdown. I think he remember something. If it was in this school, that couldn't have happened... But jebal, I really need to know."

"He remembered everything?" the brunette gasped in horror. "How can he still act fine? How did he remember? What did you do to him?"

Hyunjoong laughed awkwardly. "Well... I kind of got a little angry at him and... I think I scared him..." He looked up whom he could see what beginning to burn with anger. "No, no, it's not like that!" he hurriedly added. "He suddenly faint and when he woke up, he forgot everything."

The latter breathed in relief. "The thing is that I don't like to talk about when he and I were in middle school... It brings back bad feelings."

"Please, just this once," Hyunjoong pleaded.

Hyungjun sighed. "Don't bring this up around anyone, especially Youngsaeng hyung. After suffering through a dilemma like that... He won't be able to cope with it, araetji?"

"Neh!"

"Well..." the younger boy started. "During his first years of middle school, he was bullied again because the boys there knew he was... gay."

"They touched him?" Hyunjoong asked in shock. "Did they? They did, didn't they?"

Hyungjun nodded. "I couldn't do anything... The thing was that Youngsaeng hyung never told me for the first year. I didn't know a thing until one of the guys came up to me and confronted me, telling me to stop being friends with hyung. After that, I interrogated Youngsaeng hyung and found out the truth but by that time, the situation had already traumatized him. He didn't like to talk about it."

"But... the bullying..."

"The bullying continued. One day, I was passing by behind the school heading to the tennis courts to meet another friend when I saw a group of boys approaching Youngsaeng hyung, their eyes like menacing wolves. I swear I would never forget that day. It was disgusting," Hyungjun growled. "I managed to stop them before it got worse but then the next day, Youngsaeng hyung was punished by them because of me."

"No, what did they do to him?"

"Felt..." Hyungjun whispered as he bit his bottom lip. "Touched... It was my fault... It was the only thing to do, to stop them but if I acted anymore against them, Youngsaeng hyung would be the one at fault, not me. He was always the one blamed."

"What about the teachers? Why didn't they do anything?"

"They had no idea. The time, Youngsaeng hyung wasn't even trying to be the top student. He was an average student, just trying to fit in and not stand out too much. The teachers took no notice of him," Hyungjun explained. "Even in our second year, it didn't stop... And then one day... I found him unconscious behind the school..."

"What did they do to him? Tell me? Beat him up? him? What?" Hyunjoong exclaimed, forgetting to lower his voice.

Hyungjun shook his head. "They beat him. His limbs and body were literally purple and blue. He was taken to the doctor and when he woke up, he had forgotten everything that happened. The doctor said that he was probably hit one too many times in the head and it caused quite a bit of damage to his brain."

"He didn't stay there... right?"

"He did but the students were caught and were expelled," the younger boy sighed, as if relieved. "Since he had forgotten everything, I don't talk about it and act as if everything's normal. Don't make him remember that time or else I'm scared of what's going to happen..."

"Is that why... in the beginning, last year, you told me not to force myself on him?" Hyunjoong questioned quietly.

Hyungjun nodded. "Yeah. Youngsaeng hyung didn't do anything wrong to deserve this bad treatment in his life. Hyunjoong hyung."

"Neh?"

"Make sure to protect him well, arasseo?" the brunette demanded. "Don't let him get hurt. Don't let him out of your sight, got it?"

"Of course," Hyunjoong said with a determined nod. "I don't want him to have to go through that type of experience either... But I can't believe... Otter... He's really..."

"Yeah," Hyungjun agreed without the older boy completing his sentences. He stood up. "Let's go. Youngsaeng hyung's probably wondering where we are."

The two arrived at the 1A room and Hyunjoong suddenly felt hesitant to open the door. He knew a truth that his lover didn't even recall. Instead, Hyungjun opened the door and Hyunjoong forced himself to step in and looked up to meet Youngsaeng's gaze.

"Where were you?" Youngsaeng asked as he approached his boyfriend. Hyungjun closed the door behind him.

"Youngsaeng-ah..." Hyunjoong murmured, biting his bottom lip.

"Oh? No nickname? What's wrong? Something's up?"

The older boy looked at him and grinned, quickly hugging the latter. "Nothing," he sang. "I missed you."

"Me too," Youngsaeng replied as he hugged back.

"Aww..." Youngmin gushed as he stared at the couple with a foolish grin. "What a sweet cou--" Kwangmin smacked him on the head with a colorful rolled up magazine. The blondie whipped around and glared at his twin. "Ya! What was that for?"

Hyungjun went over to Jungmin with a blush. "An-annyeonghaseyo..."

The horse's cheeks turned rosy. "N-neh... Annyeong."

"Oh? What's this?" Kyujong's voice floated in from the side. "What are you two acting so shy for?"

Jungmin grinned as he wrapped one arm around Hyungjun's shoulders. "He's my boyfriend now~"

"Congratulations," Youngsaeng spoke from the side, approaching the new couple. "I told you Hyungjun had feelings for you."

"You knew, hyung?" Hyungjun exclaimed in shock.

The otter smiled. "Neh~ I knew a while ago, actually."

Hyunjoong pouted and hugged his lover tightly. "Don't talk to others about secrets. It makes me feel insecure, neh?"

The President gently pecked his boyfriend on the cheek. "Arasseo, arasseo. Mianhae..."

The older boy gazed up at the smiling boy, his thoughts infesting his mind. How much had Youngsaeng suffered that time? No words could describe it. The amount of fear contained in the simple task of walking to school everyday, hiding it for a year from his bestest and closest friend. How could he endure all that agony by himself? Nobody around him knew about this, there was no one to comfort or to cheer him up, no one to defend or protect him.

"Joongie? Joongie," Youngsaeng repeated worriedly, looking at the boy who was staring at him. He waved his hand in front of the latter's face. "Hyung! Hyunjoong hyung!!! KIM HYUNJOONG!!!!!!"

Finally, Hyunjoong snapped out of daze and blinked owlishly. "Uh... Did you say something...?"

Youngsaeng scoffed sarcastically. "No! I didn't not say anything! What were you staring at me before? Is there something on my face"

The older boy grinned. "Sorry. You're too beautiful."

The otter blushed and looked down at his hands. Hyunjoong smirked and leaned in. "What are you so embarrassed one? Who was the one that screamed 'break me' a few days ago?"

"Ya!" Youngsaeng immediately exclaimed, pushing the latter gently, his face flushed. "Don't remind me about that! I was just caught up in the moment."

"What are you two talking about?" Hyunseong asked curiously.

"Otter--"

"Shut up!" the younger boy shouted fantically and covered his boyfriend's mouth. "Nothing, we weren't talking about anything!"

Donghyun stared dully at him. "Youngsaeng... We can all tell you're lying..."

Youngsaeng's blood rushed up to his cheeks, his face heated up until you could almost see smoke coming out of his ears. The boy shot up and ran to the door, opening it and dashing out. The crowd outside screamed, a few beginning to chase him.

"... Hyunjoong hyung..." Hyungjun reminded him.

Hyunjoong eyes were round with surprise. "That... Otter!!!" Then he also zipped out of the room, chasing his boyfriend.

Youngsaeng escaped his fans on the otter, racing up the ladder and onto the very top of the port house. Sighing, he lay down and closed his eyes. A dull pain was aching in his knee as he had run more than usual. He covered his eyes from the sun with his arm as it was extremely bright.

"I knew you were here," Hyunjoong's voice came.

The prince smiled slightly. "Neh... You found me again..."

The older boy crawled over to him from the ladder and leaned down, his lips lightly landing the latter's. The otter stiffened but then relaxed when Hyunjoong slid his arm under the younger boy, lifting him up slightly to deepen the kiss. Youngsaeng removed his arm from his face and wrapped them around the cow's neck, tilting his head and closing his eyes.

The two love birds broke away a few moments later, light headed and desperately needing air. Hyunjoong connected their mouths again without taking a proper breath and started to on the latter's tongue. Youngsaeng moaned softly, his lungs feeling as if they were about to burst.

"Joongie," he whispered as he quickly broke away, gasping. "I can't..."

"Don't talk," Hyunjoong murmured back, brushing his lips down Youngsaeng's neck and the skin gently. All of a sudden, he froze when he remembered the boy's past, paling. What was he doing now? Youngsaeng didn't say he wanted it. He was forcing himself on his lover. He was repeating what the middle schools boys had done to Youngsaeng before.

"Joongie?" the otter muttered as he slowly sat up, looking concerned. "What's wrong?"

The older boy fell back on his behind, looking up at his beloved. "Mian... I didn't mean to force myself onto you. Were you scared? Afraid? In pain?"

"Joongie, what are you talking about? You don't usually--"

"That means you were right? The whole time, you didn't want it but I forced you anyway," Hyunjoong interrupted as he looked away, biting his bottom lip. "I'm sorry. Really, I'm so ashamed. Forgive me for my actions."

"Hyunjoong, what's wrong?" Youngsaeng questioned quietly, his voice becoming slightly louder as he was becoming more and more worried. He wrapped his arms around the older boy. "This isn't like you... What are you thinking about? Why would you suddenly think that you were forcing yourself on me? You usually do what you want, without question. Why--"

"That's exactly what's wrong!" Hyunjoong exclaimed, moving up onto his knees and sitting on his feet. "I didn't ask you, not for your consent, not for anything. I should've questioned what I was doing. When you didn't ask for it, I did as I wanted, moved as I willed. I didn't reconsider or give it a second thought. I have no idea how you felt. What if you frightened? Hurting? Sad? I won't do it again, I'm sorry."

"Joongie..." the younger boy started. "I never agonized about you wanting to have with me whenever you wanted. Well, sometimes it was painful because you did it day after day but I really didn't mind. I--"

"You're lying..." Hyunjoong gritted his teeth. "Don't lie to me. You didn't like it. It felt disgusting, getting touched every day..."

Youngsaeng furrowed his eyebrows in puzzlement. Why did it seem like he was referring to sometime else? As if something had happened before? Somehow, the younger boy recognized what his boyfriend was talking about but he couldn't remember what. Hyunjoong never thought like this. He always expressed his feelings through one way. Yelling when he was angry, sulking when he was sad, smiling when he was happy, and whenever he felt in love, he would go to the cute otter.

"... Just tell me the truth," the cow pleaded.

"I'm not lying, Joongie. Why would it feel disgusting being touched by you? What are you talking about? What's on your mind? Why are you suddenly saying these things? You never did before. Why now?"

"It definitely felt horrible," Hyunjoong protested, ignoring Youngsaeng's many questions. "When they felt all around you, it felt bad, didn't it? It--" He suddenly cut himself off, his eyes widening.

Youngsaeng stared at him. "They...? Who are 'they'? Who are the other people? Who are you talking about? Hyunjoong, tell me. What are you talking about? Just tell me already!"

The older boy shook his head quickly, in slight panic. "N-No... I can't... I'm sorry, Youngsaeng, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to, I'm sorry..." Hyunjoong shot up and ran away, jumping off the building.

Youngsaeng got up after him and ran but then something from behind hit him on the head and he fell to the ground, his mind blurring, darkness taking over his eyes. The last thing he heard was the door slamming closed and his last thought was his lover's name. Hyunjoong.