Christmas Date: Part 1

Fated to Meet You

At noon, the two heard a knocking at the door. Youngsaeng looked back at YS nervously. He hadn't seen Hyunjoong in a while and was afraid what his reaction would be. YS just put up a fist. "Hwaiting!"

Youngsaeng nodded and opened the door. There stood his boyfriend, Kim Hyunjoong. It really had been a while. The otter ran and threw his arms around the older boy. Hyunjoong chuckled. "Otter, what is it? Miss me?"

The younger boy nodded. "Yeah."

Hyunjoong took his hand and pulled him to the car. "Come on. We're going to the amusement park, remember? And what's in the bags?"

"Umm... Lunch," Youngsaeng muttered. "And a few other things."

The older boy nodded and opened the car for the otter. "Go on in."

With a slight nod and a blush, Youngsaeng slipped into the car and closed the door behind him. Hyunjoong sat beside him at the driver's seat.

"So what do you want to do when we get there?" Hyunjoong asked when they had started driving.

The otter thought about it for a little while. "Rollercoaster..." he started slowly, his eyes beginning to twinkle. "Rollercoaster!"

Hyunjoong smiled. "That's it?"

Youngsaeng thought about it again. "Uh... Ferris wheel...? What other attractions are there?"

"So you've never been to an amusement park?"

The latter shook his head. "No..."

"I'll lead you then," Hyunjoong said with a slightly evil grin. Youngsaeng stared at him. What the heck was going to happen that was making hyung smile like that.

----------------------------------------

When the two got to the amusement park, Youngsaeng's eyes sparkled brightly when he saw the rollercoasters and the rides. Hyunjoong smiled when he saw how excited the younger boy was. He grabbed Youngsaeng's arm. "Let's go."

He dragged Youngsaeng towards the entrance and they were inside in a flash despite the long line.

"Whoa, but there was a line," Youngsaeng remarked.

"There was but I'm special," Hyunjoong joked as he pulled the otter towards the rollercoasters. "You want to go on that first?"

The otter nodded and so, they went to line up. Looking at the amount of time to get to the ride, Youngsaeng's and Hyunjoong's mouths gaped open. 60 minutes. But Youngsaeng dug into his bag and took out two books. "I thought that we would have to wait in line for a while so I brought books along with me to read while waiting."

Hyunjoong stood there in disbelief as the younger boy passed him a book. It wasn't even a fun novel to read. It was a book on medical studies. He smiled. "Youngsaeng, instead of reading, I'll show you a really fun game on my phone."

"Game...?" Youngsaeng echoed.

He gave back the book and Youngsaeng put them back into his bag. Hyunjoong wrapped his arms around Youngsaeng from behind so the phone was in front of both of them.

"Here, swipe up when jumping, swipe down to duck, swipe right or left when you want to switch directions," Hyunjoong instructed. "You never played this before either?"

"Well... I don't like having games on my phone," Youngsaeng muttered sheepishly. "It distracts me from homework."

Hyunjoong grinned. "Okay then. Play this game."

A few seconds later...

"Ehhhh????" Youngsaeng exclaimed in shock. "How do you play this game???"

"I forgot to tell you. You're supposed to tilt left or right in order to get the coins," Hyunjoong snickered.

He started again but lasted a little longer this time but had trouble sliding up and down fast enough. For that hour, Youngsaeng was totally immersed in the game, continuously playing it.

"Look! I got to a million!" the otter exclaimed to the older boy and didn't notice that the rollercoaster they were on was already going up hill.

"That's really good," Hyunjoong praised and clasped onto Youngsaeng's hand. "But please, don't let go of my phone."

Only then did Youngsaeng notice that they were about fall. "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

After the ride, Hyunjoong collapsed at the side, laughing. "O-Otter... Your expression... It was hilarious!!!" he managed past his breaks of laughter. He held his stomach and his face turned red.

Youngsaeng blushed in embarrassment and turned away, beginning to walk away. He felt Hyunjoong grab his hand. "I-I'm sorry... It was just..."

The otter slipped his hand out of Hyunjoong's grip and continued to walk away from the boy. Hyunjoong hurried after him, hugging him from behind. "Please, don't be angry at me... I'm sorry... You were too cute."

The younger boy's turned red and he could feel his heart thumping. He just hoped the Hyunjoong couldn't hear it.

"What can I do to make it up to you?" the older boy murmured into his ear.

Hyunjoong watched as his boyfriend turned around and hesitantly reach out to take his hand and wrapping it around his own fingers, his cheeks beat red.

"Otter..."

Suddenly, Youngsaeng let go of his hand. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to try it out once but m-maybe you didn't like it..."

"No," Hyunjoong cut in, grabbing onto the otter's hand again before he could turn and run away. "I like it. I really did. Let's hold hands, arasseo?"

His cheeks turned deep red, so red that it would seem like it couldn't turn any redder. Youngsaeng could feel his whole face becoming warmer, including his ears. But he nodded slightly anyways.

The older boy intertwined their fingers together and the two strolled through the amusement park, their hands clutching tightly to each other. Without warning, Hyunjoong stopped in front of a dark, spooky building, looking at it with a grin. Youngsaeng peeked over his shoulder and saw the house. "We're not... going in there, are we?" he squeaked.

Hyunjoong's grin grew even wider as he suddenly dashed towards the haunted house, dragging Youngsaeng with him, not giving enough time for the younger boy to protest. When they were inside, Youngsaeng clung even tighter to Hyunjoong, not holding hands but hugging his whole arm.

As they walked through the dark house, the otter suddenly felt something tap his shoulder. He turned around and screamed, dashing away to another door with Hyunjoong. He burst into the room and slammed the door behind them, leaning on it and panting. But when he looked up, he saw a person hanging from a rope on the ceiling. He shrieked again and rushed out of the room, sprinting down the hall, still dragging Hyunjoong behind him. He tripped on something and fell, scraping his knee suddenly.

"Otter, are you okay?" Hyunjoong exclaimed with concern. "Calm down, there's nothing to be afraid of."

Youngsaeng looked back to see what he had tripped on. A bloody arm. He screamed and could feel tears welling up. He was about to run away again when Hyunjoong grabbed his arm, pulling him into a hug and calming him down. "Calm down, calm down. Youngsaeng, there's nothing to be afraid of."

He heard the younger boy sobbing into his shirt and he hugged him tighter. "Shh... Don't cry... Everything's okay. Stay with me, okay? Let me lead you, alright? If you want, you can close your eyes and follow my lead."

The otter wiped his tears with his sleeve, still sniffing, but nodded and held tightly onto Hyunjoong's hand as his boyfriend took the lead. He closed his eyes but then heard a groan from behind him and ended up opening his eyes to see a zombie chasing after them. He shrieked and began to push Hyunjoong towards the next door in order to get away from the zombie but the older boy didn't go faster. After a few seconds, Youngsaeng saw that the zombie stopped chasing them and turned away.

"I told you, it's okay," Hyunjoong assured quietly. "Just follow me."

Youngsaeng flinched at the sight of dead bodies and chopped off body parts hanging on the walls along with organs and other insides. He felt sick and wanted to puke by the time they got out.

"Youngsaeng-ah, are you okay?" the older boy asked with concern when they had exited the haunted house.

The younger boy shook his head and hurried to a bench to sit down and calm down. Hyunjoong sat down beside him and held onto his hand. "Maybe I shouldn't have forced you in there. Do you feel sick?"

The otter didn't answer.

"Are you angry at me?" Hyunjoong asked quietly. "Don't be angry. Come on, do you want to eat?"

"I'm not hungry..." Youngsaeng murmured, barely audible.

"How about drinks?"

"No thanks."

"What do you want then? Just don't be angry at me, please..."

"I'm not angry," he heard the otter mutter.

Hyunjoong wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "That's good... What do you want to do now, then?"

Youngsaeng leaned onto the older boy's chest and closed his eyes. "Let me just stay here for a bit."

The older boy nodded as he felt his heart beat faster and faster. Burying his nose into the otter's hair, he inhaled a sweet smell of strawberries in which he had only smelt from girls. But at least they were holding hands now. They were moving forward, even if it was only inching forward, they were making progress as a couple.

"Hyung..." the otter started.

"N-neh?"

"Your heart... It's beating really fast," the boy remarked as he pulled away. "Are you okay?"

Hyunjoong blushed and nodded quickly. "Yeah, yeah, of course I'm okay." Laughing awkwardly, he got up and took Youngsaeng's hand. "Come on, let's go on a few more rides and then eat."

"Oh, okay."