Try Harder

Fated to Meet You

Soon, the three got back to the house with all the ingredients and foods they could think of that Youngsaeng may be able to eat.

"I'll go and see if he can eat the yoghurt," Hyungjun quickly said as he took a small container of drinkable yoghurt and dashed upstairs to where Hyunjoong was still watching Youngsaeng sleep.

Nara took out the bags of rice and began cooking porridge with Kyujong. Harry sat on the couch boredly as he played on his phone, waiting. Jungmin was digging through the bags, looking for any other ingredients that the others might need.

"He's not awake yet?" Hyungjun asked as he stepped into the room.

Hyunjoong shook his head and looked back at the boy, fondling absentmindedly with the boy's hair. Hyungjun placed the yoghurt on the desk. "When he wakes up, see if he can drink the yoghurt. I'm going to be downstairs helping Kyujong hyung and Nara noona cook."

The older boy nodded as the brunette left, closing the door behind him.

"Youngsaeng..." he murmured, gently shaking the boy but the latter didn't stir. "Youngsaeng...?"

No response. Hyunjoong's eyes widened as he began to panic, shaking the boy harder. "Youngsaeng! Wake up! Please, wake up!"

The boy stopped when he heard a soft groan and Youngsaeng's eyebrows furrowed as he coughed. Hyunjoong felt tears well up and he threw himself onto the prince once the boy opened his eyes.

"Hyunjoong?" he croaked, his voice still hoarse.

"Why didn't you wake up when I called you?" the older boy cried as he buried his face into the latter's neck chest. "You scared me. I thought something else happened."

Youngsaeng coughed again. "Mianhaeyo..."

Hyunjoong pulled away and wiped his eyes. The younger boy struggled to sit up, his arms having not enough strength to support him. Hyunjoong quickly helped him and opened the little bottle of yoghurt. "Here, drink this."

The otter shook his head. "I don't want to..."

"Come on, just try," the latter insisted as he brought it up to Youngsaeng's lips.

The boy opened his mouth and Hyunjoong was just about to pour it in when Youngsaeng suddenly pulled away, coughing. Hyunjoong put the drink back on the desk as he went over and tried to help Youngsaeng back patting his back.

"Are you okay?" he murmured worriedly.

The prince nodded and coughed a few more times before calming down. Hyunjoong took the drink again and gave it to Youngsaeng. "Here."

But the latter shook his head. "No, I can't drink it."

"You have to eat or drink something other than water," Hyunjoong told him.

Youngsaeng grumbled but then opened his mouth. Hyunjoong slowly tipped the drink and poured some into the latter's mouth. Without warning, Youngsaeng shot up from the bed and ran out the bedroom and into the bathroom, spitting out the yoghurt and stomach acid.

The others, who were downstairs, heard the puking sounds and knew that the yoghurt didn't work. Hyungjun sighed. "How are we going to get him to eat? I think he should go to the hospital."

Kyujong sighed. "His aunt is coming in a few days. As long as he can hold on until then, the problem should be solved."

Hyunjoong ran after the boy, his back again and Youngsaeng vomited violently into the toilet. He coughed out a few times before getting up and gurgling water in his mouth and spitting it out in the sick and flushing the toilet, panting. He turned to Hyunjoong, who was staring sadly at him. "I... How are you going to recover...?"

Youngsaeng chuckled icily. "Maybe I won't. Perhaps I'll just stay in bed and wait for death to come and get me."

Hyunjoong's tears boiled in his eyes again as he quickly hugged the boy, shaking his head. "No, you're not going to die. You can't... Don't give up, please. We're going to try everything we can. If we can't do it, the doctors can. They'll be able to heal you."

The prince closed his eyes as he stayed in the boy's embrace. Hyunjoong took his hand and pulled him out of the washroom and into the bedroom, making him lie down again. "The others should be almost finished the porridge. The rice is soft and since it has no taste, your body shouldn't have a problem accepting it."

Youngsaeng weakly held onto the latter's hand, his eyelids drooping. Hyunjoong smiled. "Go to sleep."

"Neh..."

A few minutes later, the boy's hand went limp and Hyunjoong knew that the boy had fallen asleep again. Wow... Youngsaeng can really sleep. But I guess it's because he's sick.

---------------------

An hour later, they finally finished the porridge. Usually, it'd only take half an hour but since they weren't exactly good at it, they finally completed a bowl of good porridge and brought it upstairs on a tray to Youngsaeng, who was just sitting up with Hyunjoong help.

"How is he?" Nara asked when she walked in.

"Weak but he's holding on," Hyunjoong replied as he clutched onto the boy's hand.

Youngsaeng looked tiredly at them and the porridge that was set in front of him. His right hand picked up the spoon but he felt sick even from the smell and shook his head. "I can't eat this."

"Try a little harder, please," Kyujong pleaded. "You have to eat something."

The boy stared at the bowl of porridge and took it off his lap just in case he needed to hop out of bed to the washroom again. Slowly, he brought the spoon up to his lips and enter his mouth. He paled when he felt the urge to puke again and rushed to the washroom. Jungmin groaned. "Porridge doesn't work either?"

"I'm afraid not," Harry's stern voice came from the door.

Hyungjun immediately glared at him. "And what do you care? Go mind your business."

"Calm down," Jungmin coaxed, holding the boy's shoulder.

Harry sighed. "Don't continue force feeding Youngsaeng. If he pukes too much, his throat and his teeth will also be affected because of the stomach acid."

"He's right," Youngsaeng's voice floated in from nearby. They saw the boy step beside Harry. "It's best if I go to the hospital."

"Not yet," Hyunjoong objected.

"How can you still be so persistent in keeping him at home?" Harry asked, frustrated. "You know that it's best if Youngsaeng goes to the hospital. We all think it's the best since the doctors will know what to do. Feeding him random things is just going to cause more damage to the rest of his body."

"Just... one more day..." the older boy's voice grew softer. "I want to try just until the end of tomorrow. If nothing works, then we'll send him to the hospital."

Kyujong sighed. "I hope we think of something."