Good Food

Fated to Meet You

Early Monday morning, Youngsaeng woke up and looked at the clock. It's... 6 in the morning... I need to go make them the snack... He got off the bed but Hyunjoong grabbed his hand. He whipped around. "You're awake?"

"I told you not to overwork yourself. You're doing it again. Going early to school. You're going to come back late at night, aren't you?" Hyunjoong questioned worriedly as he sat up.

"Today there's a meeting so I have to stay after school."

"What were you doing after school on Thursday? Youngmin hyung said that you left at 5 o'clock. Why were you so late?"

"I had to shop for ingredients," the otter told him the truth.

"How could that have took you 6 hours?"

"I also had to bring it back to school and I made the preparations for some of the pastries," the prince said, slowly sitting down beside the boy. "I was tired so it took me a while to get home."

Hyunjoong brought him into a hug and rested his chin on the boy's shoulder, closing his eyes. "I don't want you collapsing again, like on Friday. Do you know how frightened I was?"

"Jongsahamnida..." Youngsaeng murmured when he felt his lover's body begin to tremble slightly.

"I was so scared... Scared that I would lose you again..." the older boy began to cry, unable to control his sobs. "You just suddenly collapsed in front of me... What if something happened to you? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself..."

"Shh..." the otter pulled away slightly and gently pressed his lips against Hyunjoong's. "It's okay, I'm okay now... I'm okay. I'm eating well and I'm sleeping well."

"But you're probably going to go back to your previous habit again," Hyunjoong muttered bitterly. "If you're going to wake up this early every morning, make sure to sleep early. If you don't, I swear I will drag you home from school."

"Hyun--"

"I don't want you objecting," the older boy cut in with a stern voice. "I don't want you going to the hospital again. You've already been there at least 3 times since last year. That's too many times. All the doctors in that hospital already know you."

"I'm sorry for worrying you. I won't do that again, I won't. I'm sorry..."

Hyunjoong pulled away without warning, holding the otter's shoulders. The latter stared at him, wide-eyed. "Wh-what is it?"

"I think I should give you a curfew."

"Eh? No! You can't do that," Youngsaeng protested frantically. "There are times when I need to stay late. I'm the President! That's my responsibility!"

"It's not your responsibility to collapse from fatigue and malnutrition either, now is it?" Hyunjoong questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"But that was..."

"That was what?"

"I was just a bit stressed that time. There's nothing wrong with me now. I won't come back later than 9 o'clock, okay?" the otter tried to persuade.

"8 o'clock?"

"Hyung!!!"

"Fine, fine. 9 o'clock but no later than that? Araetji?"

"Neh, neh. Arasseo. I'm going now."

Youngsaeng stood up and patted the older boy's hair before heading to the bathroom. He noticed that Hyunjoong was following him and turned around. "Hyung, why aren't you going back to sleep? It's only 6. You can sleep for two more hours."

"I want to go with you to school today," the latter said brightly.

"Hyung, I'm not a child," the otter whined. "You don't have to accompany me to school."

Hyunjoong grinned. "But I want to. Can't I?"

The prince smiled lightly and took his ahnd, pulling him into the bathroom with him.

-----------------------

When the two got to school, they saw that Youngmin was already there, sitting on the couch, playing with his phone while waiting for Youngsaeng. He saw the President walk in and quickly stood up, bowing. "Annyeonghaseyo!"

The otter raised an eyebrow in confusion while hanging up his coat and putting down his bag. "Why are you so polite all of a sudden?"

"I've decided that since you are the President and the top of the honor class, I will be more polite. I have been too casual," Youngmin blurted.

Hyunjoong stared at the blonde boy. Youngmin saw him. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to come with Youngsaeng," the older boy told him then turned to his boyfriend. "Where do I put my stuff?"

"You can just put it beside mine. I'm going into the kitchen now with Youngmin hyung."

The prince began walking towards the kitchen with the blondie following him.

"Hyung, you don't have to be polite towards me," Hyunjoong heard Youngsaeng tell the older boy. "I don't like anyway."

"But--"

"I'm a student, the same as you guys. The only thing different is that I supervise you guys," the younger boy told him. "Don't treat me as if I'm way above you."

"Yes, sir!"

"Hyung!"

"Neh..."

"Youngsaeng..." Youngmin started once they had put on their aprons.

"Hmm?"

"I read a few comments and suggestions from the box the other day," the vice president began.

"Oh? What did the students say?"

"They loved the pastries and asked who made them. They said that Host Club was really successful and fun. But there's something else."

The younger boy hummed for him to continue as he heaved the heavy bag of flour onto the counter.

"They... Well, it's not only on one piece of paper. It was on many. They... want you to dress up as a girl."

"Ehhhh????????" Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong exclaimed in shock and surprise. The cow was at the door, watching.

The blonde boy nodded. "Yeah, they want you to dress up as a girl. I was thinking of getting you a kimono. We can have a cultural festival sometime soon to start off the school year as a celebration and you can wear a kimono."

"Shouldn't I be wearing a hanbok?" the younger boy questioned. "That's the traditional Korean dress."

"To my personal taste, I think kimonos are a lot cuter," Youngmin confessed. "I think you should wear a kimono. We can give you a wig and you can tie up the hair in a bun or something. We can invite get someone to do your makeup and everything will be complete."

"Why can't you do it?" the otter whined.

"Do you want me to say exactly what it says on one of the notes? Dear Student Council, I really want to see my Youngsaeng oppa, the President, dressed up as a girl sometime. I hope you do it~"

"My?" Hyunjoong echoed. "She thinks Youngsaeng's hers?"

Youngsaeng didn't answer as he began mixing the batter but could feel an uncomfortable feeling boiling up in his stomach. A few seconds later, he looked up to see flames in his boyfriend's eyes.

"Oh..." the prince grumbled and gave the bowl to Youngmin. "Here, mix this for me."

The boy hurried over to Hyunjoong, pulling him out of the kitchen and sliding the door closed behind them.

"Hyung! Is there something wrong?" he asked with worried eyes, gently patting the boy's cheeks.

"Are you really going to dress up as a girl?" Hyunjoong questioned back with a pout. "Barely anyone has seen you as a girl. I don't want anyone else to see you as a girl... I want to be the only one who has seen you like that."

"Hyung..."

"And that girl! How can she put in the note as if you're hers? You're not hers, you're mine!"

"I'm not anyone's!" Youngsaeng exclaimed. "I don't want to dress up as a girl again either. The last time ended up in a disaster but I have to, okay?"

"Why do you have to?"

"I have... to please the students... That's what the Student Council is for..." the boy muttered.

"Why do you have to do it?"

"Didn't you hear that note? They especially requested me to dress up! I can get the other students of the honor class to dress up as girls with me but that's all I can do..."

"But--"

"Hyung! I have to, okay?" Youngsaeng insisted. "It's not my choice. It's what the students want. What they want is what I'm going to do. Dressing up as a girl is not that bad. I'm not going to jump off a cliff because a student wanted me to. I think it's fine."

"I don't! I'm your boyfriend! It's not fine for me! I don't want you to dress up as a girl and I'm a student, too, right? Youngsaeng, please... I don't want girls and boys touching you, I don't want them saying 'I love you' to you. I don't want them asking you questions about your personal life and asking for you to be their boyfriend," Hyunjoong pleaded with large, watery eyes. "It makes me feel insecure... I know I've been overly protective over you but I don't want you to leave me for someone else..."

The otter quickly wrapped his arms around the older boy's neck, bringing him down into a tight hug. "I won't leave you, I won't ever leave you. That song, that song I sang for you at the concert, what I sang is true. I will continue to love you, okay? Don't worry, don't feel insecure, just trust me, arasseo?"

"Youngsaeng... Are you done yet...?" a voice whined from the door.

The prince quickly let go of his lover and turned around. "Neh! I'm done now! Let's continue."

As the younger boy was hurrying in, Hyunjoong grabbed his hand, shaking and biting his bottom lip as he felt tears drop.

"Ya! President! You made your boyfriend cry!" Youngmin exclaimed, teasing the otter a bit. "Now how are you going to help with this?"

Youngsaeng pulled the older boy with him as he went to the blondie, looking at the batter. He picked up the wooden spoon and stirred it half way and then nodded. "Yep, it's ready." He checked the round, frying stove beside them. "Did you spread oil on that yet? Did you preheat it yet?"

The blonde boy nodded. "Yes, I did."

"Okay, I'll show you once how to do it and then you can cook the rest, right?"

Youngmin nodded excitedly. "Yeah, yeah! Of course!"

Youngsaeng was about to use his left hand to grab a metal spatula but then realized that Hyunjoong was still clutching onto it. He turned and put his other hand on the older boy's hand. "Hyung... I have to cook... Can you wait for me outside for a little while? I'll be out soon, okay?"

The cow reluctantly nodded but let go of the hand, leaving silently. Youngmin pouted. "Aw... He looks so pitiful. Youngsaeng, what happened? Were you that mean?"

"I don't really know what to do now..." the otter confessed quietly. "I don't want Hyunjoong hyung to feel bad but the students want me to dress up as a girl. I need to do that but hyung doesn't want me to..."

Youngmin nodded and thought carefully. Youngsaeng saw the latter suddenly grin evilly. "Umm... What did you just think about...?"

"I just had the greatest idea yet!" the blonde boy exclaimed enthusiastically. "I know what you should do."

--------------------------------------

"Hyung..."

Hyunjoong looked up and saw Youngsaeng, smiling lightly, holding an waffle-cone like food with a piece of napkin wrapped around it in his hands. The otter sat down beside the older boy, handing him the food. "Hyung, this is japanese crepe. Here, I made it especially for you."

The latter looked away. "I don't want it..."

"Hyung, come on, eat it," the prince urged. "I promise that it'll make you feel better."

Hyunjoong looked at it and took it, biting into it without hesitation. He was silent as he was chewing but Youngsaeng saw his cheeks turn light pink as he continued to eat. The otter smiled. "It tastes good, right?"

The older boy nodded, biting into the ice cream and fruit filled crepe again. Youngsaeng sighed and leaned his head onto the latter's shoulder. "Food alone makes people feel happy. It can trigger tears, anger, and sometimes love."

"... Love...?" Hyunjoong echoed.

"That can be felt through food no matter how bad it tastes," the younger boy told him as he pecked him softly on the forehead. "What matters is the feelings and hard work that the person put into making it. It may be burned to black or may be bitter or sour but if that person tried their hardest, none of that matters."

"Youngsaeng...?"

The otter sat up and looked at his boyfriend. His eyes widened in surprise when the older boy leaned in and kissed him, his tongue beginning to enter his mouth but the prince stopped Hyunjoong by pulling away. "Hyung, we're at school."

Hyunjoong pouted and turned back to the japanese crepe, continuing to munch. Youngsaeng smiled and stood up, patting the boy on the back. "I'm going back to help Youngmin with the crepe. Keep it secret that I made you japanese crepe, okay? Or else everybody else is going to complain."

"What type of crepe are you making the others?" the older boy questioned curiously.

"Banana and strawberry crepe with chocolate and a bit of whip cream on top," the latter told him with a smile. "Japanese crepe is the type you can hold like what you're doing now. The crepe I'm making is the one where you have to eat it from the plate. Yours is the only one where I added ice cream. It tastes good, neh?"

Hyunjoong smiled back and nodded. "Neh~ Cook for me again soon~~~"

"Eo, I will," Youngsaeng responded as he headed back into the kitchen. "Youngmin, are you done-- Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!! WHAT HAPPENED???"