Day Four: Why Does It Have To Be Like This

I Love You...Always [T.O.P & Daesung]

[Taeyang’s POV]

 

After we got to the hospital we waited in the lobby for the doctor to come out and tell us what is going on.

 

“Kang, Daesung” The doctor called out.

I looked at Jiyong; he was fast asleep on the bench. We’ve been here since 11:00 in the morning and it was now 8:00 pm at night.

 

“Neh I’m Dong, Youngbae” I said greeting the doctor. “Daesung’s friend” I added.

 

“Neh” the doctor said looking at me.

 

 

“How is Daesung?” I asked.

 

The doctor sighed and shook his head; he rubbed his forehead and looked at me again.

“He overdosed on the several medications he took earlier” the doctor started.

 

“Okay, we know that, please tell me that Daesung will be alright” I said getting mad.

 

The doctor sighed again.

“Technically…Daesung was DOA” He said looking at me.

 

“What does that mean?” I asked.

 

“Dead on arrival” the doctor sighed.

 

“What? Are you saying Daesung is dead?” I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

 

The doctor looked away at me.

“He was for several hours before you even noticed something was wrong.” He said sadly.

 

“No…But you guys saved him right?” I said as the tears fell down.

 

The doctor looked at me and then at Jiyong who was still sleeping and then he looked back at me.

“I’m sorry” he said sadly.

 

“No…Go back in there and save him!” I yelled.

 

“There is nothing else we can do” The doctor said as he turned around.

 

“NO! Don’t you dare turn around and walk away! GO BACK AND SAVE DAESUNG!” I yelled.

Jiyong opened his eyes and sat up.

He looked at me.

 

“Youngbae?” he softly said.

 

“DID YOU HEAR ME!” I continued to yell at the doctor. “GO BRING BACK DAESUNG!” I cried.

 

“What?” Jiyong said standing up and walking over to me.

“What happened!” he yelled.

 

I ignored Jiyong and walked to the doctor and made him turn around.

“Please, go bring him back!” I cried.

 

The doctor sighed and shook his head.

“I’m really sorry for your loss Youngbae.” He responded and walked away.

 

“No you’re not!” I yelled. “IF YOU WERE THEN DAESNG WOULD BE ALIVE!” I yelled.

Jiyong walked over to me and grabbed my arm and pulled me back so I wouldn’t do anything stupid.

 

“Youngbae stop!” He yelled at me.

I looked at him.

 

“Don’t tell me to stop! Daesung is dead!” I yelled.

 

Jiyong just looked at me.

“Don’t you think this is hurting me now too?!” He yelled. “Going off on the doctor won’t bring him back!” Jiyong continued to yell. “Just accept it!”

 

“I can’t” I said collapsing to the ground on my knees.

Jiyong bent down beside me.

 

“We’ll get through this Hyung…” he softly whispered to me.

 

-----------------------------------------------

[TOP’s POV]

 

“wow, today was so much fun!” Seungri waved his arms in the air as he walked inside the house.

 

“I’m glad you had fun” I said smiling as I placed out bags on the ground next to the door.

 

“Hey honey” My mom said walking over to me and giving me a kiss on the head.

 

“Hey mom, what’s up?” I asked looking at her as I took my jacket off.

 

“Nothing, just cooking dinner for you and Seungri, it should be done soon” She said smiling.

 

“Alright mom, just yell for us okay?” I said smiling at her.

 

“Alright baby” She smiled and walked back to the kitchen.

I smiled as I watched her walk back to the kitchen.

 

“Hey Seungri, do you want to play some games?” I called out to him, he went upstairs after we got into the house.

 

“NO!” He cried out.

 

“Seungri” I said under my breath.

 

“NO!” He cried out again.

 

I ran up the stairs and to my room, he was on the floor crying, he was talking to someone on the phone.

 

“Seungri what’s wrong!” I yelled bending down next to him.

 

“D-Daesung!” is all he could manage to say.

 

“What!” I yelled, I took the phone from him and he ran into the bathroom after getting up.

“Hello!” I yelled.

 

“Seunghyun…” Jiyong softly said, sounding said.

 

“WHAT HAPPENED?” I yelled.

 

“Daesung overdosed on the medicine in the medicine cabinet.” Jiyong said crying at the end of the sentence.

 

“WHAT!” I yelled as the tears falling down my cheek.

“Are you playing with me?!” I yelled getting mad.

 

“No” Jiyong said through his tears.

“Daesung is dead!” He yelled. “We woke up this morning but Daesung didn’t!” He added. “Youngbae tried to save him but couldn’t!”

 

I didn’t answer Jiyong. I dropped the phone and sat on the ground.

I was in shock. I couldn’t speak or nothing.

 

Why does it have to be like this?