We are Together

Love Game

Jessica was in her pajamas when the receptionist called her as she was preparing to go to bed. She put on a t-shirt over her pajama pants and looked herself at the mirror

“I look hideous!” Jessica shook her head in disapproval “Oh what the heck! Its not as if my prince charming is waiting for me downstairs” she shrugged and tied her hair in a messy bun and got out of her room and into the elevator.

As she reached the lobby she went upto the receptionist.

“Hey this is Jessica. Room 305. You said there were billing issues?” Jessica said in a rush—she was in her pajama bottoms in the lobby of a five-star hotel flocked with people,majority of whom were giving her ‘who-the-hell-is-she’ look. The sooner she got the billing issues cleared the better.

“Oh yes Miss Jessica. Please come with me” the receptionist smiled

“Aaargh how long is this gonna take?” Jessica scowled in her head

Jessica followed the receptionist to the sitting area—now even more eyes were on her!

“Oooh I am not liking this!” Jessica cried in her head. Suddenly the receptionist halted and Jessica looked over her shoulder to find a man standing with his back facing them.

“Sir she’s here” the receptionist said politely

 The man turned and Jessica’s heart stopped.

“Do-dongie!” she managed to say somehow and ran upto him. “Wha-what are you doing here?”

Dong Sun tugged a strand behind her ear “Well..it’s valentine’s day and I wanted to spend it with my girlfriend”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Granny entered to find Somin and Hyunjoong laughing together.

“Haraomoni! You tell me..” Hyunjoong  rose up from the bed “Do I look like a baboon when I do this?” he said and pouted

“Absolutely not…you look cuter” Granny smiled

“See your granny agrees with me!” Hyunjoong exclaimed while Somin rolled her eyes.

“I have made you some sandwiches” Granny said and held up the tray of sandwiches

“Sandwiches! Yummy!” Hyunjoong took the plate from her and placed it on the bed.”Delicious! As expected!” he exclaimed as he munched into one of the sandwich. Somin nodded as well

“Well I am glad that you liked it….” Granny said smilingly “and also cause things are fine now between the two of you.”

Somin chewing speed decreased as she was uncertain about the consequences of the latest arrangements. Hyunjoong also became conscious cause he didn’t want any of the past cropping up as that will result in awkwardness and hamper the present.

“It’s the past granny. We both did some stupid things. She played the stupid love game and I kinda rushed into everything without really analyzing” Hyunjoong said

“You know the love game…” Granny sighed “was actually my idea”

Hyunjoong stopped eating and looked at Granny.

“I had my reason. You,kids these days often mistake infatuation,attraction as love. I just wanted Somin to ascertain her feelings and also give you an opportunity to see her in another light too”

Hyunjoong felt an unexplainable serenity inside him. The love game…it wasn’t Somin’s idea…she was just playing it out! Though nothing really changes…whether it was her idea or granny’s she still tried to con him but somehow this revelation comforted him.

“Well like I said its in the past now, granny. Whatever happened doesn’t matter. We are friends now” Hyunjoong reassured

Granny smiled and went away closing the door behind her

“Friends huh?”

Hyunjoong turned to look at Somin who wasn’t looking at him but watching the sandwich in her hand

“Yeah..why?” Hyunjoong looked at her intently

“Nothing…”

“Tell me….this is not going to work if we have secrets”

Somin finally looked up at him “I dunno if this is gonna work Hyunjoong…”

“Sssh!” Hyunjoong placed his index finger over Somin’s lips “Tell me one thing honestly…”

Somin looked into Hyunjoong’s now serious eyes

“Our friendship…don’t you cherish that?”

“Of-ofcourse I do”

“Are you willing to sacrifice that just to get the girlfriend-boyfriend tag?”

Somin fell silent.

“No right? So let’s not go there right now okay? One thing at a time…”

“Mmmm” Somin nodded slightly