Bad day

Love Game

“Game? What game?”

Somin wiped her tears and looked up at Hyunjoong “The Love Game” she said

“Love Game?” Hyunjoong looked at Somin in utter confusion “What the hell are you talking about?”

“Yes.Love Game. The game of attraction” Somin sniffed. “five rules to attract a guy towards you.” Somin looked up at him sheepishly “ I played it with you to draw you towards me…. away from Haera”

“I still don’t understand Somin” Hyunjoong held her shoulders and shook them violently

Somin looked down in shame.

“MAREBA!!!” Hyunjoong yelled

Somin looked up with teary eyes “Rule 1--If you want him to notice you, don't pay attention to him” Hyunjoong stilled as she said this “Rule 2 - Let him come after you….remember how I was ignoring you. I was doing it intentionally. I was following the rules”

Hyunjoong left her shoulders abruptly and backed away, his eyes filled with disbelief!

“You don’t love me. Your just reacting to the rules.” Somin cried “I-I’m sorry” Somin rushed out of Hyunjoong’s room. Hyunjoong just stood there--he was shocked to the core.

 As she ran out she bumped into Jihoo.

“Somin you alright?” Jihoo held her shoulders and steadied her

Somin looked down and nodded.

“Sure?”

“Mmm. Let’s go Dong Sun must be waiting.” She pulled Jihoo’s arm. Jihoo sensed something was wrong but he kept quiet. If Somin needed to say something she would so when she didn’t it must be something she didn’t wish to discuss—Jihoo understood that and he respected her privacy. He let her drag him to the set-up.

“Oh by the way” Jihoo suddenly said and Somin turned to him

“I’m not going to Australia tomorrow” he wasn’t looking at Somin but a crooked smile flashed across his face.

Somin stopped in her tracks and blinked at him “What? But why?”

“The trip got postponed. There was a legal issue for which Dong Sun-nim was sending me but he changed his mind and Jessica is going instead of me”

“So you wont be going at all?” Somin asked

Jihoo faced her and narrowed his eyes “Why are you so eager to send me away huh?” He leaned in and now both their faces were at the same level “What are you planning to do behind my back huh?”

His gesture was so similar to that of Hyunjoong. Somin couldn’t help but remember that a few minutes ago Hyunjoong leaning exactly like that and looking into her eyes just like Jihoo was now. As she remembered her body tensed up again.Sweatbeads glistened on her creamy forhead and her ears burned.

Jihoo sensed her discomfort and stood up straight again.“I’ll leave on 15th” Jihoo informed and started walking towards the set-up.

 “Will Jihoo hate me too if I tell him about the love game?” Somin thought as she saw Jihoo walking away and the fearful possibility that he might inflicted a tormenting pain in her heart

 

 After taking a few steps Jihoo noticed Somin wasn’t with him.He turned to find she hasn’t moved and was simply staring at him “Yah! Have you turned into a real zombie now? Palli!”

Somin smiled weakly and walked upto him.

It was quiet day at work. Somin wasn’t talking much and Jihoo was concerned for her so he remained quiet too. Haera wasn’t speaking to Hyunjoong and vice versa—this effected the shoot immensely

“Aaaargh! NO! NO! NO! NO!” Dong Sun yelled in frustration “God you guys are supposed to be in love for heaven’s sake!!! Act accordingly!” He paused to take a deep breath. Even Dong Sun has been alittle off since morning and with every mistake on set he seemed to get edgier. Jessica slowly crept upto him and rubbed his arm to calm him. Dong Sun’s breathing normalized and calmness dawned upon him instantly--her touch always had an unexplainable effect on him.

“Hyunjoong…Haera… whatever problem has occurred between you two….as professionals I’d expect you wont let it effect your profession”

Haera nodded lightly but Hyunjoong remained stiff. His heart felt empty.

“Dong Sun-nim…” he suddenly cried

Everyone turned to him including Somin.

“What is it?”

“I cant do this today. Can I please….leave?”

Everyone gasped. This was very much unlike him—Hyunjoong was very professional he worked till he was fully satisfied. For him to quit like this was very unexpected. Somin looked guiltily at the floor—she knew it was all because her.

“Fine” Dong Sun sighed “Today,it seems, is just not right” He turned around “PACK UP EVERYONE” he declared. Everyone rejoiced at the unexpected declaration and started to disperse. As everyone around them started to move, Hyunjoong spotted Somin standing in a corner looking at him. Their eyes asked several questions to each other as people around them rushed to and fro.

Somin felt a light pressure on her shoulder,she turned to find Jihoo staring down at her.

“Should we go?” he asked her softly

Somin turned back to where Hyunjoong was standing but he wasn’t there anymore. She closed her eyes sadly and nodded