All alone and nervous

Love Game

Everything was going great,until the realization that they were completely alone in the studio,dawned upon Somin. Various scenes from dramas and movies  started popping up inside her head making Somin nervous. She stealthily glanced at Hyunjoong as he sipped his glass of wine. An episode from a movie she watched long time back came back to her where the leads go to at a lonely roadside bar and end up having after intoxication,only this time the hero and heroine were replaced by Hyunjoong and her. Somin quickly glanced at her glass,thankfully it was just plain coke.

“Do you like the food?” Hyunjoong’s sudden query brought her out of her train of thoughts

“Ummm…de” Somin managed to nod

“What’s wrong? Why did you get all quiet all of a sudden?”

“A-ani…nothing…I’m talking…see” Somin smiled to hide her nervousness. The camouflage was really bad but Hyunjoong seemed to let it go as he just gave out a little chuckle.

“Aaah!”Hyunjoong  slouched into his seat after finishing his plate. A while later he held up his head lazily to peek at somin,she was almost done as well. “You enjoyed?” he asked placing his head over his knotted fingers as he watched clean with the napkin

“Mmm” Somin nodded putting away the napkin.

“Oh! You missed a spot” Hyunjoong cried pointing to her face. But before Somin could pick her napkin again, he got up saying “I’ll get it” and went over to her side. Once infront of her, he bent forward, held up her chin and brushed his thumb over the corner of her lips. Hyunjoong’s touch,like always, flustered Somin as a conspicuous red tinge appeared on her cheeks. She felt her cheeks,her ears,infact her entire face heated up at that mere touch of his and Somin solemly prayed Hyunjoong wouldn’t notice the change of temperature. Hyunjoong’s condition was no different. Since the time he finally came in terms with his heart he felt a satisfying serenity but also the urge to be with Somin was increasing at a rapid rate,so much that he could hardly control his feelings. Now as he cleaned the bit of spice from the corner of her lips he felt ridiculously jealous of the spice as it got the chance to stick to her beautiful strawberry lips.He got rid off his 'spicy' rival very quickly but still couldn’t bring himself to lean away from Somin. Slowly his thumb moved across and slowly caressed her lips--Somin’s eyes rolled back involuntarily. Hyunjoong gazed at her,he loved her so much! How could he keep denying it all this time? It was as simple as two plus two and yet he took so long,wasted so much time! But not anymore….he will have to make up for all the time he lost, give her all the happiness so that she could forget the misery he put her through. With that determination he landed his lips on Somin. When they finally broke off the kiss Hyunjoong touched their foreheads and cried “I love you”.