Unbearable Departures

Love Game

When Youngsaeng emerged from the shower he found his phone ringing loudly. He ran to it thinking it was Hwangbo—it has been 2 days since he last spoke to her after the concert. When he reached his phone he got disappointed seeing Hyunjoong’s name flashing on the screen.

“De Hyunjoong” he said dryly

“Yah! When are you coming back? Kyu’s returning from the army tomorrow plus we have loads of album work and its hardly a week before the premiere! What are you doing?” Hyunjoong rebuked

“Don’t worry I’ll be back today itself” Youngsaeng said in a low tone.

“Are you okay?” Hyunjoong asked,immediately sensing something wrong from his tone

“I am fine…just abit tired. Don’t worry I’ll be in the studio by 9”

“It’s okay…dont stress yourself...I am handling things here...just wanted to know how you were and all...you dont have to come today. Take rest…will meet you at the army station tomorrow” Hyunjoong said

“Kure” Youngsaeng said and hung up. He sighed—he was missing Hwangbo. He dialled her number.

‘The number you’re trying is presently unavailable’

“What’s wrong?” Youngsaeng mumbled. The other two times he had tried calling her the same message came to him. He tried twice more and then gave up. He decided he’ll meet up with her once he’s back in korea.

---------------------------------------

 

DING DONG

Jihoo rose up from his couch to get the door. He wasn’t expecting anyone plus Haera was out on a date with Junjin and was not supposed to be back before 11. When he opened the door Jihoo was totally taken aback to see the person standing outside

“What are you doing here?” He yelled

“Can I come in? I need to talk to you” Hyunjoong said calmly

“I really don’t wish to talk to you…so please leave” Jihoo said through gritted teeth. He really couldn’t stand Hyunjoong,he broke his sister’s heart and Somin’s as well but yet none complained about him—he was let off so easily. But not by him;he wont forgive him so easily. Jihoo was about to shut the door on Hyunjoong’s face when he held the door firmly.

“Jihoo…please it’s about Somin” Hyunjoong said in a serious tone

Hearing Somin’s name and the concern in Hyunjoong’s eyes Jihoo couldn’t turn away anymore. He let Hyunjoong in.

“Somin’s miserable Jihoo” Hyunjoong came staright to the point “She blames herself for making you suffer”

“Why is she blaming herself? The person who should be blamed is right infront of me” Jihoo hissed

“Jihoo I am not here to argue with you.”Hyunjoong exhaled “I am here because of Somin…I cant bear to see her like this. ”

“Then leave her. “Jihoo said selfishly .”She’ll be happy with me! Yes it’ll take some time for her to get over you but—”

 “Stop being dilusional Jihoo!” hyunjoong snapped. Somin’s misery was draining the life out of him and here Jihoo was saying total nonsense. “Do you really think if I leave, Somin will recover? Do you think she’ll ever get over me?”

Jihoo kept quiet. He knew Hyunjoong was right, Somin without Hyunjoong was impossible.

“We both love each other! We cant survive without one another”Hyunjoong stated. It was a fact as obvious as ‘the sun rises in the east’ for them. Sometimes he finds it funny  how at one pointt he was confused over this obvious truth. But now when they are finally together they wont let anything hamper their togetherness.

“So what do you want me to do?” Jihoo whispered

“Jihoo…I know you love her…”Hyunjoong sighed “and as much as I know about love, it is all about keeping that special someone happy…If today Somin would have been happy with you,though it’d have probably killed me, I’d have left”

Jihoo eyes grew big hearing this.

“But you tell me…could Somin ever be happy without me?” Hyunjoong asked. There was a strange confidence in his voice. Jihoo wanted to break that confidence desperately but he knew he couldn’t. So he kept quiet and hung his head. Hyunjoong went to him and held his shoulder “If you really love Somin you’ll let her be happy” he said and left.

 Jihoo remained seated for minutes after he left reflecting upon what Hyunjoong said. He took out his phone and opened a picture of Somin. He looked at it longingly.Hyunjoong was right—she wasn’t his.She was,is and always will be Hyunjoong’s. He has to let her go but why was it so difficult. The thought of parting from Somin felt like parting from his source of life. Uncontrollably,tears began to flow  from his eyes “Why? Why? Why Jihoo? Out of all the girls in the entire world...why did you have to fall for the one you could never have?” he sobbed and buried his face in his hands