Craddled in Love

Love Game

“Yeobo! Let’s go!” Hyunjoong merrily cried and swung the door open. If the exterior hadn’t already,the insides of Hyunjoong’s house blew Somin away. It was very large and open. There were no rooms on the ground floor just one wide open space made for leisure.A massive curving staircase dominated the Westside of the the room while the wall opposite to the entrance was totally replaced by glass overlooking the backyard pool. The walls were painted in cream and was adorned with family pictures over the years. A beautiful extravagant chandelier hung shedding light throughout the room and below it right in the centre stood the Kim family waiting to greet Somin.

Somin gulped nervously but Hyunjoong squeezed her hand and when she looked at him he beamed at her assuringly. He then went ahead and first of all hugged his dad. He was probably in his sixties but looked comparatively but what struck Somin was his calm and kind looking face. Hyunjoong hugged his mother next.As Somin looked at her she noticed the serenity on her face;it’s one of those faces which can make you feel happy and assured even in the most restless times. Finally Hyunjoong hugged,rather hopped on the youngest member of the Kim family—a young man probably in his early 20s or late teens. After he patted the young man’s back Hyunjoong looked back at Somin who was standing watching his reunion with his family.

“Somin…” he went back to her and pulled her forward “Meet my family…appa….omma..and my elder brother Young Joong”

“El-elder brother?” Somin cried in surprise. Hyunjoong along with his entire family looked at her. Somin realized she had said it abit too loud and quickly fixed her eyes to the ground covering . This was not at all a good first impression

“Wa-waeo?” Hyunjoong asked,though he tried to keep his voice smooth his nervousness betrayed him.

Somin stealthily glanced up at Young Joong who was looking at her with a raised eyebrow “Actually…I thought he was your younger brother..” she confessed

In the next moment,there was a huge roar of laughter. Somin nervously looked up to find Young Joong laughing hysterically and even Hyunjoong’s parents were giggling.

“On your face hyung!” Young Joong cried sticking out his tongue and then turned to Somin “I love you already hyeongsu!” he said and hugged Somin.

Somin was relieved to see everyone smiling,everyone except Hyunjoong who was somewhat glaring at her…but as Somin,still in Young Joong’s embrace, looked at him pleadingly he shook his head and chuckled.

“Come on…dinner’s ready…” Hyunjoong’s mom led everyone to the dining area

They talked a lot over dinner,it hardly took Somin any time to open up to the Kim family—they were so warm and welcoming. After dinner got over,Young Joong cried “let’s chat over at the pool”

“Erm..” Hyunjoong interrupted before Somin could respond. “We had a long flight. Somin’s really tired”

“Oh..” Young Joong,who had already got up to go to the pool sad down grimly

“It’s okay…I can—“ Somin started to say seeing Young Joong’s disappointment

“Ani kinchana Somin…we have whole day tomorrow” Hyunjoong’s mom said “you two go up and rest”

Somin bowed and Hyunjoong led her upstairs. Somin followed him sluggishly;now that the fear of Hyunjoong’s family was gone she felt how tired she was.

Following Hyunjoong blindly,her eyes almost drooping with sleep, Somin suddenly bumped into Hyunjoong. She looked up to find him standing infront of a room. “This is yours” he said waving her to go in

“De?” Somin yawned slightly registering his words and then nodded.

“Aigoo..you’re so tired…let’s get you to bed”

Somin was too tired to listen to him so she nodded unknowingly,with her eyes almost closed. Suddenly she felt strong hands around her and soon after she couldn’t feel the ground under her. She opened her eyes in panic to find herself in Hyunjoong’s arms

“Wae? Wae? Wae? What are you doing?” she cried

“Putting you in bed” he winked as he entered the room carrying Somin bridal style. Once inside he put her down and went to the cupboard at one corner of the room “here..wear this” he handed her a set of pajamas.

Somin unfolded the pajamas and couldn’t resist a giggle. She looked up at Hyunjoong “Hello kitty?”

Hyunjoong chuckled “now palli change” he said pushing her to the bathroom.

When she came out,Somin found Hyunjoong fixing the quilt and pillows. As soon he heard her coming out she looked in her direction and was again blown away by her pure beauty and cuteness. He walked across to her “Hello kitty” he winked kissing her forehead. Then again he picked her up and carefully laid her down on the bed.

Somin heart was beating really fast—she could hear it loud and clear

 Hyunjoong pulled the quilt over her. “Goodnight baby” he bent down and kissed her.

Contrary to what Somin thought,Hyunjoong pulled away rather quickly and turned away to leave the room. “where are you going?” the words were out of before she could ponder over it

Hyunjoong turned back at her “I am going to sleep in my room” he said blinking in confusion

“Ofcourse he was going to his own room to sleep! PABO!” Somin cursed herself for her stupidity. But somehow,unlike other times,when she was uncertain and somewhat scared of the intimacy with him,this time she felt herself craving it.

“Waeo?” Hyunjoong asked,now fully turning to her

“Ani..kinchana…”Somin managed to say. What else could she say? That she didn’t want him to go? She wants him here beside her?

Somin looked up nervously to find Hyunjoong staring at her with narrowed eyes. She blushed under his stare “Goo-goodnight then.” She cried and hastily laid down and covered herself with the quilt to hide her embarrassment

But soon she felt stong hands pulling the quilt off her. Somin shut her eyes tightly to avoid looking into Hyunjoong’s eyes

Hyunjoong chuckled seeing her comincal expression and as he continued to laugh he could see Somin’s lips form a slight pout. “Move now” he suddenly ordered making Somin open her eyes in surprise

“Huh?” Somin blinked in confusion

“I said move over” Hyunjoong repeated as he rose up holding one corner of the quilt

Somin obeyed and Hyunjoong tucked inside the quilt beside her “Palli chcha” he said as he cradled her in his arms.

Somin smiled into his embrace and the two dozed off.

That night they slept in each other's arms,craddled in their love.