Jungmin's Love Game

Love Game

“Hey mal where are you!” Hyungjun excited voice came from the other side of the line

“I arrived at the airport. Now I am going to board a plane in an hour or so and then I’m gonna meet you in approximately 3hours.” Jungmin narrated rolling his eyes “any more queries?”

“Nope” Maknae giggled

“So will you now stop nagging me?”

“Nope” Hyungjun replied immediately

The two laughed at their kiddishness. It’s been almost 2 years since they have started their solo careers but that seems to have no effect on their friendship and it was something they were very proud of.

“Should we go?”

Jungmin instantly covered his phone with his hand at Seungyeon’s call. He signalled her to be quiet and fervently wished hyungjun didn’t hear her

“Are you with a girl mal?” Hyungjun’s ears were very sharp

“Girl? No! ofcourse not! Its another couple at the airport. I-I’m not the only one at the airport stupid!” Jungmin devised an excuse quickly “Okay I’m getting late. Bye” and before Hyungjun could ask any further Jungmin hung up and turned to Seungyeon. “Cant you keep quiet for a minute?” he said looking at her angrily

“I am tired of standing here…and why did you have to lie…they’ll see me with you anyway once we get there!” Seungyeon said shrugging her shoulders

“I know that” Jungmin said pressing his temples. Bringing Seungyeon wasn’t his plan but recently all his plans have knowingly or unknowingly started weaving around her. 

*FLASHBACK*

Jungmin and Seungyeon were on a double date with Nick and Gyuri. The idea was proposed by Gyuri in such a way that Jungmin & Seungyeon couldn’t deny as it might disclose their lovegame. Initially Jungmin got into the game as a way of distracting himself but as time passed he discovered Seungyeon was right. Gyuri did kinda steal Nick from her. Nick and Seungyeon’s chemistry was evident from their stealthy glances. However Jungmin also realized Seungyeon wasn’t totally the victim. She was annoying and tantrum-throwing. If anyone was victimized among them it was Nick—the poor lad escaped one brat to fall into the clutches of another. But then again he doesn’t have any brain to know what’s right for him. So he has only himself to blame. Eventhough he pitied the boy,Jungmin felt somewhat agitated at him as well.  Why was he with Gyuri when he evidently wasn’t over Seungyeon. None of the drama would have happened if that boy had his mind in the right place,Jungmin felt.

“So Jungmin oppa “ Gyuri suddenly called out causing everyone to halt their movements. “How are the members?”

Jungmin sighed as it was a harmless question,otherwise all Gyuri’s queries were very much testing type to see if Seungyeon and Jungmin were really a couple. Obviously she hasn’t taken the news well that her junior member has got a more successful match than  her. But thankfully this question was not of those sorts so Jungmin answered truthfully. However he hid their upcoming comeback plans as it was a surprise plus Gyuri and Seungyeon’s band KARA was under DSP.

“That’s superb!” Gyuri exclaimed clapping her hands “So what did the members say when they first met Seungyeon?”

And there it was! Gyuri’s most tactful testing type query so far. Seungyeon and Jungmin froze having no clue how to respond to her question.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t yet introduced Seungyeon to the members?”Gyuri’s eyes sparkled as if she has finally hit gold.

“We-we wanted it to keep it under wraps till we were sure” Seungyeon said hurriedly

“Sure about what? Whether you guys are really a couple or not?” Gyuri asked raising  one eyebrow.

Both Seungyeon and Jungmin gulped. Is it really over now? No it couldn’t be! Jungmin didn’t want this to end right now. However why he didn’t want it to end was a big question. If their act comes to an end it’ll be in every way beneficial for him. He wont have to come along to these ridiculous date--interrogations,hell be free from all the naggings and tantrums. His life will be peaceful once again. So why? Why did he desperately wanted this bothersome act to go on?

“Ac-actually…” Jungmin turned to Seungyeon briefly before facing Gyuri once again “The members know about us dating”

“They do?” Seungyeon’s eyes grew big in surprise.

“Ofcourse!” Jungmin said throwing a fake smile at her “but with everyone’s busy schedule I havent had the time to set up a meeting…..you know to formally introduce Seungyeon to the members” Jungmin paused assessing Gyuri’s expression to check if she had bought his story.

“Okay then why don’t you introduce her this time? Take her with you...” Gyuri challenged.

“GYURI!” Seungyeon hissed “don’t make our decisions.”

“But I’m simply looking out for you” Gyuri said making a fake concerned face “as your elder sister”

Seungyeon gritted her teeth in anger. She was about to yell at Gyuri when Jungmin clasped her hand tightly.

“I guess you’re right Gyuri.Maybe it is time for me to introduce her to the members..”Jungmin stated calmly.

*END OF FLASBACK*

Jungmin still couldn’t wrap his mind around the fact that he was with Seungyeon and in a few hours he was going to introduce her to the members as his girlfriend.”Lord! how did this happen?” he sighed and hung his head.

“Here”

Jungmin raised his head to find Seungyeon holding out a mineral water bottle. He grabbed it with a confused look when she took out a tablet from his bag

“Have this” Seungyeon forwarded a blue pill in her palm

“What’s this?” jungmin asked

“Yama-san told me you feel pukish whenever you have to travel early morning in an empry stomach….you didn’t have time to have any breakfast so this pill will help.” Seungyeon said matter-of-factly. Jungmin stared at her in surprise. Seungyeon got conscious under his gaze “Stop staring and gulp it down already!” she cried,ing the pill in his hand.

“Wow! I never knew this day would come! The brat Seungyeon is actually taking care of someone else!” Jungmin sniggered as Seungyeon looked away. Jungmin etched towards her and whispered “Is the reason behind this concern , maybe cause you’re starting to fall for me?”

“YAH!” Seungyeon turned in fury to find herself face to face with Jungmin; their lips just inches apart. Her entire body froze, she couldn’t remember what she was planning to say to Jungmin,she just stared at him. She didn’t have any idea how long they stared at each other like that till Jungmin flicked on her forehead which broke her daze “Ow!” she cried massaging her forehead

“Kumawo” Jungmin smiled standing up and gulped down the pill with the water. Seungyeon felt embarrassed, she quickly took her lugguage and started walking towards the sliding airport doors. “hey wait up!” Jungmin cried as he ran to follow her.

Just as he was running, from the corner of his eye,Jungmin suddenly noticed a familiar figure at a distance. He stopped in his tracks and turned towards a woman standing at a distance. “Seungyeon stop!” he called out to Seungyeon without taking his eyes off the lady. Seungyeon who thought Jungmin called to more turned back in irritation and was about to yell when she noticed the serious look on his face. But before she could ask Jungmin  ran.

When he was near the woman Jungmin called out “Hwangbo noona?”