Meeting the Parents : I

Love Game

Dong Sun talked with the channel executives and they agreed to his proposal of a season finale premiere—infact as they talked Dong Sun sensed the channel people were very much reluctant to call the show off as well. But he was not going to sympathize with them even if they openly showed their regret;this show was Dong Sun long-time dream and they ended it. For him they didn’t end his show—they ended his dream.

“Dongie…don’t worry the show will be back…the public is agitated,some station will come to us sooner or later…we just have to wait.” Jessica assured patting his back. Dong Sun just nodded;he was too overflown with anguish to comment.

Hyunjoong,Somin along with the rest of the cast and crew got an unexpected holiday due to the show’s sudden wrap up. Hyunjoong had no task at hand apart from the premiere speech and appearance which was about a week away. Somin was also free however her holiday was shorter than Hyunjoong since she was the AD and had to help in the premiere organization. Nonetheless the couple finally had some free time for themselves and Hyunjoong was not going to let this go—he was determined to utilize it well.

“So what’s your plan for the holidays?” he asked. Hyunjoong had called her up.

“Ah…nothing as such…I am gonna take some rest…these past months have been really hectic”

“okay…how about resting in New York and meeting my parents?”

“DE?!” Somin practically let out a scream. Hyunjoong started laughing listening to her reaction. Somin blushed and sobered up and asked,this time in a calmer tone “Meet your parents?”

“Mmm…what do you say?”

Though there was a hint of laughter in his voice Somin could sense a tinge nervousness in it as well. She was nervous as well—every girl turns nervous at the prospect of meeting their man’s parents and she was no exception. “Will they like me?What if they don’t like me?” Somin’s fearful thoughts clouded her mind

“Somin?”

Hyunjoong’s call pulled her out of her train of thought. Yes the prospect of meeting his parents scared her but she needed to get over this fear. She wants to be with him; they are going to be married and for that it is essential to meet his parents. “Okay”

“Okay?” Hyunjoong checked again to reconfirm

“Mmm”

“Good..well then pack for 3 days. We’ll leave tomorrow”

“Tomorrow?”

“Mmm…Tomorrow is Saturday. We’ll go tomorrow,spend the weekend and then comeback on Monday

“Kure..arasso…goodnight”

“Goodnight. Love you”

As soon as he hung up, Hyunjoong’s phone began to ring again. He took it up and found Youngsaeng’s name flashing on the screen

“Ah..Youngsaeng-ah..”

“Hyung…what are you doing?”

“Me? Nothing…I was just talking to Somin. We are planning to visit my parents for the weekend”

“Oh shincharo?”

“Mmm”

“Good good…anyways could you come over now?”

“Waeo?”

“There’s something on my mind. Hyungjun has schedules so he’s not here. So I thought this is the appropriate time” Youngsaeng said

“Kure. I’ll be there in ten minutes” Hyunjoong hung up and took his jacket and keys and headed for Youngsaeng’s dorm

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh this guy….”granny said after Somin told her about going to New York to meet Hyunjoong’s parents “is really deceptive”

“Waeo?” Somin asked

“You never know what’s in his mind! I never expected him to be so detailed and conscious of rituals.”

Somin smiled as she heard granny  praise her man

“Mianhe..Somin-ah…Hyunjoong is a great man…I’m sorry for ever doubting him” granny brushed Somin’s hair effectionately and they started packing