Friendship triumphs over all....

Love Game

Jihoo handed out the spare helmet to Somin. Somin took it and stared at it.

“Did he prohibit you from travelling with me?” Jihoo said squinting his eyes.

Somin glared at him and ed the helmet back to him and started to walk away.

But Jihoo caught her “Mianhe..” he whispered

Somin inspected his eyes and they did look sincere.  So she silently took the helmet back and hopped onto the bike.

Silence prevaile again as Jihoo drove through the busy roads of the city. As the waited at a signal, “You looked indecisive when I handed you the helmet. That’s why I thought maybe…he…” Jihoo suddenly said.

“He didn’t say anything…”Somin answered simply. Yes it hurt her to see Jihoo like that, to see him suffer but that doesn’t give him any right to accuse Hyunjoong. Jihoo was her dear friend,he was there for her when none else was, but that doesn’t mean she’ll side with him even when he was wrong.

“So you were just staring at the helmet?” Jihoo asked. Somin nodded slightly. “Really? Why?” Somin felt flustered to confess and hence kept quiet “Don’t lie it doesn’t suit you. Hyunjoong forbid you didnt he—“

“This is the helmet you got for me. When we were friends you always had it with you” Somin said. “That was natural…but I didn’t expect…even after…whatever happened between us…you’d keep it with you”

“You ju-jump to conclusions with-without thinking girl!” Jihoo fumbled “This is my spare helmet!”

“Don’t lie it doesn’t suit you.” Somin quoted his words

Just then the signal opened up and Jihoo started his engine again. They arrived at Somin’s place and she got down. She handed the helmet back to Jihoo and was about to walk back into her house when Jihoo called out to her.”I know I don’t have any right to ask you this…but can I have a word with you in private?”

Somin faced him fully and took a step towards him “Why do you think you don’t have any right?” she asked.

Jihoo kept quiet and hung his head

“You are the one who walked away…I never stopped considering you a friend.”

“Mianhe”

“YAH! Did you forget the primary rule of friendship? No sorry no Thank you!” Somin joked. Jihoo chuckled. Though it was a very mild one, Somin was glad to finally see Jihoo smile. Perhaps tonight was the night to fix things. “Let’s go to that park?” she said pointing to the park near her house

“Kure” Jihoo nodded

--------------------------

“This duet is great!” Youngsaeng exclaimed as he finished listeniong to Hyunjoong and Maknae’s duet. The soju and their upcoming album has lifted his mood up. Hwangbo’s absence had subsided from his mind briefly

“Mmmm..” Hyunjoong answered

“But our collab will be epic!” Youngsaeng said clapping.

“Mmm” Hyunjoong responded

“Yah! Waegure? Has my mood transferred into you! “ Youngsaeng joked and with that Hwangbo’s thoughts came back to him. But he didn’t want to ponder over them—it’ll make him sad so he tried to divert. “C’mon hyung snap out of it!!! Have some faith! Somin loves YOU”

“Ara Youngsaeng…but I just cant…” Hyunjoong laid down on the couch,in disapproval.

“Everything will be alright” Youngsaeng assured

“Shincha?”

“Mmm”

“Should I call her? You know..just to check if she reached home safe?” Hyunjoong asked,sitting up

“To check if she’s home safe or to check if she’s away from Jihoo?” Youngsaeng caught his true intention effortlessly

“Why would i—“ Hyunjoong tried to protest but he knew Youngsaeng was right so he gave in with a chuckle.

“Trust her” Youngsaeng pressed his hand

“I know what you’re saying is right….but you cant understand what I’m feeling right now Saengie…you haven’t been in love…you cant understand how it feels when your love is not with you…it’s really difficult to fight this feeling” Hyunjoong sighed and walked over to the instruments.

Little did he know that Youngsaeng was fighting that same feeling, infact on a far more intense level than Hyunjoong was. “Probably” Youngsaeng chuckled

----------------

Jihoo and Somin sat on swings. Somin started to sway slowly as Jihoo watched her lovingly and started swinging as well. Neither of them were looking at each other but were still in each other’s comfortable company.

“I thought a lot…” Jihoo began. Somin’s pace reduced alittle as she momentarily looked at Jihoo. Jihoo turned as well, their eyes locked. “I cant stop loving you.”

Somin face turned sad and worrisome but then Jihoo laughed “But you don’t have to worry. I am happy for you. Happy that you’ve finally found your love. I’ll always pray for you…pray that you get all the happiness.“ Jihoo said,caressing Somin’s cheek

“But what about you?” Somin sniffed

“I am happy as long as you are happy….” Jihoo smiled. “It’s my fault actually…I got carried away by my fantasies so much that I swayed away from the fundamental truth—YOU LOVE HYUNJOONG! He is the only one in your heart. None…none can take his place” he shook and hung his head biting his lip to control the tears from escaping his eyes.

“Jihoo-ah…” Somin reached out to him, their swings had stopped swaying. She placed her hand on his shoulder and pressed it tenderly.

“Don’t worry really…..“Jihoo looked up “I am fine now…I’ve come out of my dreamland. And I am happy for you…trust me, I truly am. But…” Jihoo choked

Somin watched as he fought real hard to control his tears and speak what he had in mind.

“But please don’t ask me to stop loving you…cause I wont be able to do that” Jihoo sighed and despite all his efforts a teardrop escaped his eyes

Somin got up and hugged him. They both cried in silence in each other’s arms. Thus after many days of suffering Jihoo and Somin’s friendship was finally restored. Yes, there were things they both accepted, and certain compromising truths they have to live with for the rest of their lives but they didn’t let that grow bigger and overpower their friendship.