The Love Game : Rule No # 1

Love Game

It was almost a week since Somin last showed up for the shoot. Hyunjoong was starting to get acquinted to her absence. Yes! He still missed her but he stopped going to her place. He used to just call up once in a while when granny reported him about Somin’s health. Granny also understood Hyunjoong was growing distant and it worried her.

“The situation is getting worse” Granny said as she sat with Dong Sun and Jessica. Dong Sun and Jessica on the other hand paid regular visits to Somin’s place to check on her. But Somin didn’t know since she was always asleep when they came.

“Hmm…” Dong Sun and Jessica sighed.

“Dong Sun-nim,Jessica unnie!” Somin cried out and the three of them turned to her. Somin felt thirsty and so she had got up to fetch a bottle of water when she saw them.

“Ah…Somin dear…could you come and sit with us?” granny asked hesitantly

Somin slowly walked upto them and sat.

“Somin we all know about what happened but we know something more as well” granny stated

“What?” Somin asked.

“Hyunjoong loves you…he just doesn’t realise it” Dong sun said

Somin gave a sarcastic chuckle “He loves Haera. He doesn’t care about me”

“So you’re just going to give up like that?! Just because YOU think he doesn’t care for you! If he didn’t care for you he wouldn’t have come to check on you”

“That was just courtesy..”

Dong Sun got agitated—he just couldn’t see Somin look so hopeless. It ached his heart

 “Fine! Just sit there and cry all day! You think that’s a great solution?! Then good. Please continue!” Dong Sun threw a fist at the sofa arm. Jessica looked at granny helplessly as she tried to calm Dong Sun. Granny closed her eyes and nodded. Somin just sat there looking at the ground.

“Dear do you know why Hyunjoong confessed to Haera?” granny calmly asked Somin

“Cause he loves her” Somin replied with a sad smile

“NO! Cause he was attracted!” Granny pointed out—Somin looked up with confused eyes. “Haera appeared to be like a forbidden fruit to him and humans,specially men, get attracted to anything or anyone who seems off limits to them! They get an uncontrollable urge to win over them cause that gives them a tremendous sense of victory”

Somin Dong Sun and Jessica listened to granny intently.

“He loves you.But the problem is...he isn’t attracted to you that way cause your always by his side. He….somewhat took you for granted. But when you weren’t by his side he lost his mind—he forgot everything,his work,his brothers,his girlfriend”

“What? How can you say that?” Somin couldn’t believe what she was listening

“Yes Somin…the day after the screening he couldn’t at all concentrate on his work,he even shouted at Haera for not calling you” Jessica told her

“He loves you Somin” Granny held her shoulder “He just doesn’t realise it”

“So how do I make him realise?” Somin asked

“Attract him!” Granny beamed

Somin looked down—she was unsure of what to do. “But he’s with Haera now…I-I cant take him away from her”

“Honestly somin! It’s Haera who took him away from you! You’re not the villain here she is!” Jessica stated

“And if Hyunjoong really loves her,Somin…” Granny tried to explain “ no matter what you do they wont get separated. But if he doesn’t stick  with her they were not meant to be!”

“You have got nothing to lose here Somin” Dong Sun finally said. “You are already at a loss here. If you tried our way…atleast you wont have the regret that you didn’t fight for your love”

Somin thought while everyone waited for her decision in anticipation

“Okay. What do I have to do?” Somin finally said,a strange determination glinted in her eyes

“Yes!” the trio exclaimed

“Ok listen up Somin! There are five rules of attraction! To attract Hyunjoong you have to follow these 5 rules diligently till the end” Granny explained

Somin listened intently. Dong Sun looked at Jessica and found her listening with immense interest as well. He chuckled in his head.

“Rule number 1! If you want him to notice you, don't pay attention to him, no matter how crazy you are about him.”

“WHAAAAAT?!” Somin and Jessica cried out in unison

“Yes! Don’t ever let your man realise that you like him. Infact, let alone like, show him that he has no effect whatsoever on you! That way he’ll become desperate for your attention and come chasing after you!”

“Granny….this plan seems very risky!Are you sure its gonna work?” Somin asked doubtfully

“Trust me it will” Granny arrured

Somin seemed reluctant but she trusted her granny so she nodded

“Great! So let the Love Game begin!” Granny declared merrily

---------------------------------------------------------

Hell everyone! I thought you guys will be cursing me for not updating yesterday but you people are really sweet to wait.

Here's chapter 39....it's getting interesting right?