Being the better person

Love Game

“Dong Sun-nim is recruiting new security staff for the event” Somin said as she was walking back home with Jihoo from the park

“Mmm…heard about it. Personally I don’t approve of it” Jihoo said

“Wae?”

“Why recruit people like this at the last hour?Why don’t utilize the resources we already have?” Jihoo shrugged

“There are going to be loads of people,Jihoo, our present staff isn’t enough” Somin advocated

“I agree but I bet if we talked to them to arrange some more people…I think that would have worked out”

“Dong Sun-nim felt it’d be time consuming”

“De..but how can you trust new people?” Jihoo pointed out.  Somin crinkled her eyebrows—she didn’t understand what he was hinting. “See this is going to be a huge event…many important people are gonna attend. I’m just saying entrusting the security of so many important people on the hands of people we don’t know long enough isn’t  a wise decision according to me”

“You think too much! Everything will be fine. Dong Sun-nim will hire people who are experts at this. So stop worrying” Somin flicked Jihoo’s forehead jokingly

“I guess you’re right” Jihoo said rubbing his forehead. He stopped and noticed they had arrived at Somin’s house “Go in then.” He beamed at Somin

“Goodnight” Somin smiled and walked towards her house

“Somin!”

Somin turned around at jihoo’s call “De?”

Jihoo bit his lip and looked down at the ground. He slid his hands into his pockets and walked upto  Somin. “Thank you…” he looked up and met her eyes. “for giving me a second chance”

His eyes were sincere and regretful. He meant every word he said. He knew his stubbornness had hurt Somin deeply but that period was tough for him too. Now however when he has come in terms with the truth he didn’t want her to suffer more—if he cant become his lover he’ll forever be her guardian angel,always looking after her.

“Pabo!” Somin ruffled his hair and smiled

--------------------------------------

“The album’s gonna rock!” Youngsaeng stated excitedly. Hyunjoong smiled and nodded. “now no matter what anyone tries,they cannot stop SS501!”

“What do you mean?” Hyunjoong asked narrowing his eyes.

Youngsaeng instantly regretted what he said. He knew he should have informed Hyunjoong about DSP’s evil plans long back but he never felt the courage to do the same. He had been postponing the event but now he couldn’t delay it further.

“What I mean is…” youngsaeng had no idea how to tell Hyunjoong.

Suddenly Hyunjoong’s phone started ringing. Hyunjoong glanced at it and excitedly picked it up when he saw Somin’s name flashing on the screen. Youngsaeng heaved a sigh of relief, though he knew he should inform Hyunjoong but still he felt grateful their conversation got interrupted cause he wasn’t ready to disclose yet. Youngsaeng signaled Hyunjoong that he’s leaving and quickly got out.

Once inside his car, Youngsaeng regretted keeping Hyunjoong in the dark and banged his head into the headrest.”WHY? WHY? WHY?” he opened his eyes and gripped the steering wheel tightly. He took out his cellphone and dialed Hwangbo’s number. He knew none would answer and he’ll get the same message he has got everytime he has called her but still he did, hoping against hope. He didn’t get any message just a busy tone. “Why do you always disappear when I need you” he sighed and shoved the phone into his pocket.

------------------------------------

“Did you reach home safely?” Hyunjoong asked Somin,careful not to mention Jihoo.

“De…Jihoo…dropped me” Somin said every word carefully and waited for Hyunjoong’s response

“Good” Hyunjoong’s emotionless reply came after a while “go to sleep now. It’s late amd I assume you have to get up early tomorrow.”

“De” Somin said

“Kyu’s coming back tomorrow. So I wont be able to drop you to studio tomorrow. Will you be alright?”

“De absolutely.” Somin felt abit upset. First, Hyunjoong doesn’t come to pick her up from the studio, then again he was making excuses for the coming day. She did understand that he was busy but cant he just take out abit time? “I’ll have Jihoo pick me up” Somin said intentionally to make Hyunjoong jealous.

Hyunjoong felt a thousand daggers pricking his heart. Why Jihoo? Why…when Somin knows he’s not comfortable seeing her with him. Hyunjoong was about to burst into fury when Youngsaeng’s words rang in his mind ‘Trust her. Have faith in your love’

Hyunjoong closed his eyes and exhaled remembering Youngsaeng’s words “Kure if you’re okay with it” he finally said

“Huh?” Somin involuntarily blurted out—she couldn’t believe Hyunjoong was fine with it.

“What?” Hyunjoong instantly caught her surprised tone from the other side

“No…nothing…” Somin said nervously. Hyunjoong obviously didn’t buy it. He kept silent waiting for her to speak up the truth herself. “I am just surprised.”

“Why?” Hyunjoong asked though he knew why.

“Cause you’re letting me be with Jihoo…inspite of…you being…” Somin bit her lip nervously

“Jealous and insecured of him?” Hyunjoong smirked. He heard Somin’s sweet grumble from the other side and giggled “well…let’s say I am being the better and matured person in the relationship” he bragged

“Better and matured my foot! “ Somin grunted while Hyunjoong roared with laughter on the other end “YAH! Stop laughing!” Somin yelled

“Okay okay…mianhe…” Hyunjoong said somehow controlling his laugh “do you know something?”

“What?” somin rolled her eyes

“You turn unbearably cute when you get angry” Hyunjoong whispered. “and kinda y too” Somin blushed at the compliment . “it’s a relief you’re not here” Hyunjoong sighed “otherwise I don’t know if I could control myself”

“Stop flirting and get some sleep!” Somin scolded him lovingly

“Arasseo Arasseo. Sarangheyo Angel” Hyunjoong whispered and kissed his phone

“Love you too” Somin cried hastily,blushing

“Yah! I want my goodnight kiss!” Hyunjoong demanded

“Should have thought about that before teasing me” Somin said and mischieviously hung up

------------------------

Not much of an update i know...Mianhe...Pretty busy right now so please bear with me and keep encouraging me wid ur wonderful comments :)