Jagiya

Love Game

“I love you” Hyunjoong whispered as he pressed their temples together

“Umm…could you just…excuse me?” Somin squealed which took Hyunjoong by surprise. He leaned back,blinking in confusion. Somin gave a nervous smile and in rapid steps walked into the restroom. Once inside, she gave out a huge sigh of relief. She placed her hand over her thumping heart “Calm down Somin calm down!” she kept on saying the mantra but her heart wasn’t listening. She bent over the sink her hands strongly grasping its edges and breathed heavily. “Am I ready for this? To take this to the other level?” Somin asked herself. Hyunjoong is the only man he has ever loved and by some miracle he has fallen in love with her too. But still she was hesitant about proceeding to the level. Finally she looked up at her reflection in the mirror and said “ we both love each other and so this is the most reasonable thing to do.” She looked at her reflection ”There’s nothing wrong with it” she said convincing herself. She gulped and got out of the restroom. When she returned back to their table the sight surprised her. The two chairs now stood infront of each other instead of being on either side of the table and Hyunjoong torso laid on one of them while his long legs rested on the other. Hyunjoong….has fallen asleep! Somin couldn’t resist a giggle. She quickly covered to suppress her smile so that her man doesn’t wake up from his slumber. She went to him and sat on her knees so that their faces were now at the same level. The sleepy Hyunjoong looked so cute and innocent, Somin couldn’t help but sigh in admiration. She raised her hand and slowly tucked away a stray lock falling over his eyes “I love you” the three words escaped from Somin’s mouth involuntarily as she stared at the beautiful sleeping man before her.

“Really?”

“Aaaaah!” Somin stumbled onto the floor loosing her balance when Hyunjoong suddenly popped up his head hearing her whispered confession. “Yah!”Somin cried and looked up at Hyunjoong. But the playful expression on Hyunjoong totally took her breath away. Sporting a ear to ear grin, he looked like a ten year old who has just been given the full freedom to have as many candies as he liked. Hyunjoong jumped from the chair and landed beside Somin. Before Somin could get up he placed both his arms on either side of her, caging her.

“That’s not a memorable confession Miss Jung” he said oh-so-ily

“Tha-that wasn’t for you…” Somin stammered as Hyunjoong closed in

“Really? Is that so?” Hyunjoong smirked and arched an eyebrow “Who was it for then? I don’t see anyone else other than the two of us”

Somin gulped as Hyunjoong closed the distance between them further

“Lying is bad…you should be punished. Oh that reminds me” Hyunjoong suddenly raised his head upward remembering. “I have yet to punish you for hitting me” he said fixing their gaze again and leaning closer.

Somin squeezed her eyes shut in fear and nervous. She could feel Hyunjoong close to her. “it’s okay it’s nothing wrong” she mumbled in her brain but she knew she wasn’t ready for this. She never had a boyfriend before this and getting intimate with a guy like this was very difficult for a conservative girl like her.But on the other hand she didn’t want to push Hyunjoong away lest it breaks his heart. So she didn’t move and just kept convincing herself.

“Open your eyes Somin”

Somin slowly opened her eyes and found Hyunjoong still hovering over her. They stared at each other momentarily and then unexpectedly Hyunjoong raised himself and sat up. Somin followed him and sat up as well.  Somin looked at Hyunjoong who looked grim and disappointed, she immediately felt a lump in her heart. She feared her reluctancy to intimacy must have tipped him off. “Hyunjoong I’m sorry… I cant just…please give me some time”

“I am not disappointed because you didn’t let me proceed Somin…” Hyunjoong said looking away “I am disappointed because you didn’t stop me when you clearly didn’t want me to proceed” he now faced her with disbelief and disappointment. His words shocked Somin “Somin…I wont ever do something you don’t want. Seriously after knowing me for so long, how can you think I’ll force myself on you?” Hyunjoong cried furiously.

Tears pooled in Somin’s eyes. Sincere admiration for Hyunjoong filled her heart and she felt ashamed of herself for misunderstanding him,for thinking him to be like every other -driven male. Hyunjoong was like nobody else—he was special. “I am sorry” Somin whispered burying her face in his shoulder as she wrapped her arms round his neck. Hyunjoong didn’t respond,he was still disappointed at her for having such little faith in him. Somin raised her head and pulled Hyunjoong to face her. She held her ears and apologized again. Hyunjoong’s anger evaporated as soon as he saw her cute face. He smiled and brought her hands down “Don’t ever try to do something you are not comfortable with because of me…arasso?”

“Mmm” Somin nodded.

Both of them got up from the floor and started walking out of the studio.

“By the way I’ve decided on your punishment” Hyunjoong said as they walked towards the car

“Oh really? Tell me then” Somin smiled

“ From now on…you have to always call me ‘jagiya’ “ Hyunjoong smirked

“ ‘Jagiya’? Hmm…okay sure” Somin readily agreed

Somin’s phone started to ring. She picked it up as she got into Hyunjoong’s car.

“Yabuseyo…..oh Dong sun-nim! How are you?” Hyunjoong watched as Somin talked to Dong Sun

“Okay…kure…so the shooting starts tomorrow…de…I’ll inform everyone…de..anneoyong” Somin hung up and turned to Hyunjoong “Shooting starts from tomorrow”

Hyunjoong nodded and danced his eyebrows in appraisal.

“Omo!” Somin cried as she realized something

“What is it?” Hyunjoong asked

Somin smiled nervously as she turned to face him “When you said I have to ‘always’ call you jagiya it doesn’t involve the shooting schedule right?”

“It does” Hyunjoong said nonchalantly

“Hyunjoong!!” Somin cried stomping her feet

“Jagiya” Hyunjoong corrected her emphasizing on the second word