The BIG Day : Angelic Intervention

Love Game

Somin’s POV:

Once I was inside all I could see was fire and smoke. I looked to and fro to understand my location. I spotted a burning long semicircular table and identified it to be the bar counter. Hyunjoong was sitting here and having beer….so the restroom must be close. I tried to remember the direction of the restrooms with reference to the bar counter. I finally decided to go right and dashed for it. A huge crashing sound from behind me made me glance over and I found the chandelier break into a million pieces as it met the floor. Everything was falling apart…I needed to find Hyunjoong and get both of us out as soon as possible.

I navigated my way to the restroom dodging the flames and finally I arrived before it. I tried to open the door but it was stuck. I pushed but it was just not opening. The temperature  rose and I was sweating profusely. The place was a burning furnace. I kicked the door but still it refused to open. I was losing time! Hyunjoong was inside and the fire was growing just wilder! I stepped back from the door and ran towards it with full force

“HYUNJOONG!” I cried as I ed into the restroom door but it still didn’t open. I looked at the door helplessly! Why wont it open! Damn it! No! I can’t give up! I have to get Hyunjoong out! I exhaled and stepped away again.

“HYUNJOONG!” I cried and crashed into the door with all my strength. The door flew open at my and I landed onto the floor unable to control my own impulse. I raised myself clumsily and found the restroom blazing in fire. Hyunjoong….where was he?

Finally I spotted him on the ground lying disoriented. I rushed over to his side to find him unconscious and a little puke spread on the floor beside him.

Dear! Why did he have to drink so much? I remembered our quarrel from earlier that evening and tears unwillingly rolled down my cheeks. I am the reason….I am the reason he drank so much and was now lying unconscious in his own puke. It was all because of me….

“Hyunjoong…Hyunjoong” I lightly slapped his cheeks to get him conscious

“So…So..min” Hyunjoong whispered opening his eyes slightly

“Yes it’s me. C’mon you need to wake up…” I slapped his cheeks again “we need to get out of this fire”

“F…Fi..re?” Hyunjoong blinked his eyes drowsily and looked around.  I could understand he was fighting to keep his eyes open as they were trying to forcibly close themselves

“Hyunjoong …. I need you awake….get up please…” I slapped his cheeks again

Hyunjoong understood the situation somehow but was still very weak from the nausea alcohol and choking smoke. I slung one of his arms over my shoulder and helped him get up. We managed to make our way out of the  restrooms and by now Hyunjoong had gained back his consciousness totally though he was still weak and limp. As we emerged out of the restroom into the burning hall I looked around trying to device our escape route.

“Where is everyone?” Hyunjoong whispered

“They…are outside…. and safe” I said as I finally found a way out. Just as I took a step forward a burning log of wood fell before us blocking our way—it missed us by an inch. I stepped back and as I looked around assessing the escape route I felt his gaze on me. I turned to face those beautiful eyes of his.

“What?” I said

“Why are you here? Why aren’t you outside with the others?” Hyunjoong asked as his drowsy eyes burned into me

“Isn’t it obvious?” I stared back at him and then turned away again to asses our situation. But his eyes never left me

“You came for me?” Hyunjoong finally said

This guy! What does he mean? Ofcourse I’ll come for him! What does he expect! He means the world to me! I can’t let the centre of my universe perish in fire! His question offended me! He wont ever realise what I feel for him…and I’m tired of trying to make him see. I simply nodded and pulled him with me as we made our way out of the fire.