The BIG Day : Realizations

Love Game

“YOU MISSED HIM? HOW COULD YOU!!!” My.Le shouted as he rose from his chair

“I-I’m sorry sir!” Woobin replied timidly “it was going fine…but suddenly the stupid AD came from nowhere and pulled him away just on time”

“Aiiish!” Mr.Lee banged his fist against the wall in fury. He closed his eyes and pressed his temples,exhaling heavily “Okay….prepare plan B”

“Ye-yes sir. I’m on it” Woobin hung up and sighed in relief. He quickly got into the car and drove.He couldn’t afford to make any mistake;if plan B fails he’ll be dead.

“Somin!” Jihoo waved when he saw Somin at the entrance door of the hall

“Hyung!” Hyungjun nudged Jungmin hard and pointed him to Somin. Hyungjun noticed Jihoo going upto her and cried ”Hyung palli kha! Before that Jihoo takes her away”

At Hyunjun’s words Jungmin also turned to find Jihoo approaching Somin “Oh no he wont!” Jungmin hissed and dashed to reach Somin before Jihoo

“Hey where have you been?” Jihoo said as he neared Somin

“I was just—“

“SOMIN-SSHI!” Jungmin chimed inbetween abruptly and rather loudly “Finally you made it!” Jungmin shifted to block Jihoo out of Somin’s sight.

“Umm…”Somin shifted to look for Jihoo but then Jungmin beamed at her again making her stop and focus on him “Yea…sorry I’m late”

“You were with leader right?” Jungmin asked and looked over her shoulder to find his hyung “where is he?” he asked when he couldn’t spot Hyunjoong

Jihoo’s attention shifted to Somin who was looking down at the ground.He immediately understood something was wrong

“Damn it Hyunjoong! What did you do now?!” Jihoo scowled at him in his head

“Umm…well” Somiin started to fumble

“Ah! Hyung! There you are” Jungmin cried

Somin’s head shot up and both her and Jihoo’s gaze followed Jungmin as walked over to Hyunjoong who was standing at the door and looking at her.

“Hyung…where were you?” Jungmin asked

“Ah nothing…just”Hyunjoong gulped as he stealthily glanced at Somin

Jungmin narrowed his eyes and looked at him suspiciously.

“The cake’s in the car” Hyunjoong whispered to divert his attention and it worked

“Oh okay….gimme the keys” Jungmin whispered and Hyunjoong handed him the keys

When he left Hyunjoong turned to Somin and their eyes locked. Somin melted under his gaze and tears pooled in her eyes again.

“This man….this man….I love him so much…so much that it hurts!” Somin cried in her heart “but he can’t be yours ever Somin! So snap out of it” she quickly blinked her eyes to contain her tears and turned away just when Hyunjoong took a step forward towards her.

Hyunjoong watched her walk away and sighed.

Somin was wandering in the hall. Almost the entire crew had gathered at the bash,she suddenly remembered Dong Sun and Jessica.

“I wonder how things are going between those two” Somin wondered

Suddenly a inverted conical glass containing a pink thick liquid appeared infront of her. Somin turned to find Jihoo smiling at her.

“Try this!”Jihoo directed her to the glass

“What is it?” Somin inquired as she took the glass from him

“Strawberry punch. Very less alcohol and tastes amazing!” Jihoo winked at her

Somin took a sip “Mmm…its great!” she cried

“I pity you Kim Hyunjoong…you don’t even know who you love?”

Somin’s words rang inside his head as Hyunjoong found Somin laughing and chatting away with Jihoo. Anger boiled inside him.

He had no idea what was in his heart. Did he really love Somin? But how can he? Somin herself had told him his behavior was an outcome of the Love Game…but if he’s not in love with her then what’s all this he’s feeling right now?Why is it that wheneverSomin’s with him he felt alive and when she’s not…..words fail to describe the feeling inside him.Hyunjoong looked up at Somin. He saw Jihoo whisper something in her ear which made her laugh even harder. The scene ignited a wildfire in his heart—she wasn’t supposed to laugh with anyone other than him. Jihoo can’t see that carefree smile of hers. It was only for him—he wanted to break Jihoo’s face!

Frustrated and agonized Hyunjoong roughly grabbed a beer and gulped it down.

Somin was relieved to have Jihoo by her side. Even when her heart was in such a turmoil he managed to calm it down and soothe it.

“I’ll grab something to eat” Jihoo said and got up. Somin glanced around and suddenly her eyes spotted two red eyes gazing at her—it was Hyunjoong. He looked wasted with his hair ruffled,his tie loosened. She saw Hyunjoong turn away and lift up the beer bottle unsteadily to drink. She watched him worriedly as he emptied the entire bottle and got up clumsily on his feet. He could hardly stand but somehow he made his way out of the hall towards the restrooms. Somin got up to go after him but just then Kyujong tapped on her shoulder from behind.

“Noona would you please come out for a moment?” Kyujong requested when somin turned to him

Somin glanced back at the direction in which Hyunjoong went and sighed. “Okay sure” she nodded when she faced Kyu again

Kyu smiled and assisted her out into a backyard lawn.

The lawn was decorated with tiny blue and green lights and as somin entered she saw the Hyungjun.Youngsaeng and Jungmin standing in a line. When they finally reached them,Youngsaeng ,Kyu and Hyungjun smiled and walked off leaving Jungmin and Somin alone.