Marriage-I

Love Game

"It's Valentine's day today but millions of girls across Korea are mourning today because the 4 of the 5 members of the famous SS501 band are getting married together today with their respective partners. The band which consists of Kim Hyunjoong, Heo Youngsaeng, Kim Kyujong, Park Jungmin and Kim Hyungjun debuted in 2005 and are considered to be the forerunners of the Hallyu Wave. The band was formed under DSP Media and the members went on solo after their contract with the agency ended in 2010. Recently they made a comeback under their own founded agency and exposed DSP Media's conspiracy that led to their disbandment and their recent attempts of stopping their comeback. Their comeback album topped the billboards charts within a week of its release. It was recently when they won the prestigious MTV's Best International Album that the leader Kim Hyunjoong announced his and three other members-Park Jungmin, Heo Youngsaeng and Kim Kyujong's marriage news. The news went viral and the korean media have been digging about their respective partners. Leader Kim Hyunjoong is getting married to Jung Somin who was the Assistant Director of his last MBC drama which has been picked up for Season 2. Heo Youngsaeng the lead vocalist is getting married to Hwangbo Kyejung who is 6 years his senior and was the leader of former band Chakra.It's interesting to observe that Hwangbo appeared on the famous show 'We Got Married' with Kim Hyunjoong and were popularly called the 'Ssangchu couple but is now getting married to Heo Youngsaeng. The fans have had a very mixed reaction about this turn of events calling Hwangbo so much so as a 'gold-digger' while others are very happy for the couple. Park Jungmin is marrying within the industry as well to Han Seung-yeon of the girl group KARA. KARA was under DSP and after the chairman was put behind bars the band suffered until SS501 took them and other promising bands from DSP into their agency. KARA has been performing exceptionally well and earning big bucks for the agency. Kim Kyujong like their leader Hyunjoong is getting married to a commoner Kim Se Jeong. Although she is a commoner she is an established surgeon and is rumored to be an avid Kim Kyujong fan for a long time. The couple met when Hyunjoong's fiance was hospitalized after being kidnapped by the DSP chairman.The band members have decided to get married together on Valentine's Day with the exception of the youngest member Kim Hyungjun who is still looking for his soulmate"

"Aigoo!" Granny entered and turned off the TV "I told you not to watch these things--" she fell short of words as she turned to look at her granddaughter. Somin was looking no less than an angel in her off white off-shoulder wedding dress. "My God! You're looking so pretty my child!"

"You think?" Somin asked again, hesitantly

Granny nodded as she sniffed into her hanky. "I wish your mum and dad could see you today"

"Haraommoni..."Somin embraced her "They are...you told me they are always looking after me didnt you?".Granny nodded, her tears knowing no bounds now. "So how can they miss today? They are watching me from Heaven's first row!"

"Yes yes my child!" Granny nodded wiping her tears "Come sit...let me put the veil on for you" she said and started fixing the peral studded silky veil over Somin's head.

A huge hall was booked for the event. It had 4 doors and aisles for the brides to walk on with chairs wrapped in white satin bordering each aisle. It was evidently the biggest wedding event in South Korea. The reporters have queued outside the hall 5 hours prior to the event just so that they dont miss anything. All the grooms had Kim Hyungjun as their best man.

"I am glad to be your best man guys but this is just going to bring more attention to me" Hyungjun groaned

"You love attention! What are you complaining about?" Jungmin laughed

"Not of this kind!" Hyungjun protested."It's not attention its sympathy! It's like 'Oh he doesnt have anyone. He's lonely. He's the only single one"

"Well you ARE the only single one" Kyujong joked

"Yaah! I am younger than all of you!"

"Just by 4 months from me" Jungmin pointed out

"Leave it Minnie...let's see how long he plays this 'Young' card" Hyunjoong mocked."Junnie you better come up with a better excuse by next year when you'll be 31 and still single"

"I wont be single till then" Hyugjun "But you need to worry about your to-be wife.Jihoo is not here yet and everyone else has someone walking them down the aisle. Looks like Somin has to walk alone"

Hyungjun had just said it to stop the others from bullying him but it had a very adverse effect on the room.

"He really didnt come?" Youngsaeng sighed

"No. That rascal!" Hyunjoong punched the dressing table. "even after Somin requested him repeatedly. That moron didnt even pick up her calls. So she wrote him an email. I read that and trust me guys you really need to be extremely cold hearted to not yield to that letter. I really hate him"

"Well she is asking him for alot" DongSun said as he entered the changing room "You guys need to understand his perspective too."

"I know" Hyunjoong sighed "But she is getting married to me! That moron needs to understand."

"I thought he got over her. The way he is with Jandi..." Kyu spoke and everyone turned to him inquisitively "C'mon didnt you guys watch WGM?"

"NO!" the SSBoys answered unianimously.

"Well he is very caring and protective towards Jandi"Kyu said

"That show's scripted. It doesnt mean anything" Hyunjoong said

"I know but not just on the show....behind the scenes too."

"What do you mean?" Youngsaeng asked

"I have a friend on the crew. He mentioned he has a weird way of working with Jandi. He would challenge her all the time so that she could do better. He goes quite out of the way." Kyu said

"But he is not here. Clearly he is not over her and now Somin will be the only one walking alone" Hyunjoong yelled

"I will walk her" DongSun said. Everyone turned to him. "I have accepted her as my sister. Yoona....and her" DongSun paused remembering his late loving sister "They are not different for me"

Hyunjoong embraced DongSun "Kamsahmida DongSun-nim" he sniffed

========================================================================================================================

"Somin-ah he is not here" Haraemoni announced for the tenth time.

Somin nodded sadly.

"Somin...he is not coming. He has made his choice" Seoyoung said facing away from her mirror to Somin.

“I see” Somin sighed

“It’s alright child….it’s going to be all fine some day” Granny consoled

“Did you ask anybody else to walk you down the aisle?” Hwangbo inquired but immediately regretted when Somin shook her head.

“Who says Somin doesn’t have anyone to walk her down the aisle”

Everyone turned to find Dong Sun fix his cufflinks and smile at Somin

“I will walk you down. Can I?” Dong Sun kneeled infront of her. Though Somin nodded, Dong Sun didn’t miss catching her glance at the door one final time for any trace of Jihoo. DongSun hated Jihoo for doing this to Somin. He understands that Jihoo has feelings for her and this was difficult for him but this was not about him it was about Somin. It was her day and he had disappointed her.

The girls were all standing behind their respective doors.Hwangbo, Seung-yeon and Sejung had their fathers by their side while Somin waited with bated breath with DongSun. Hwangbo was scheduled to go first followed by SeJung, Seungyeon and finally Somin

“I am so happy today” Hwangbo’s dad sniffed. “I feared you would remain alone”

Hwangbo wiped a tear from her father’s eyes. “I don’t want my handsome daddy to look bad infront of so many people.” She joked. “Honestly I didn’t think you would agree to the marriage so easily…especially him being 5 years younger than me”

“My girl…why would I object? He is a good boy so what God sent him alittle late. He needed time to make someone worthy of you.” Hwangbo’s dad beamed. Hwangbo was so moved by her dad’s words that tears started to flow down her eyes.”Look now…we cant look ugly infront of so many people” her dad said and raised his hand to wipe her tears with his sleeve.

“Uh uncle don’t!” Somin rushed to their side. “You will get eyeliner on your cuffs. Here..” she said producing tissues

“Kumawo Somin-ah” Hwangbo said gratefully, taking the tissue and carefully wiping her eyes.

“My stupid girl…atleast your marrying  a guy. That’s all I wanted” Hwangbo’s father laughed.

Seungyeon was walking down the aisle now and it was Somin’s turn next.

“You nervous?” DongSun whispered

“Abit.”

“Don’t be. You and Hyunjoong are perfect for each other” DongSun assured

“You really think so” Somin turned to look up at him

“I arrive a little late and you replace me!”

Both Somin and DongSun turned around to find Jihoo standing behind them, breathing heavily

“You came?” Somin managed to say.

“Ofcourse I had to see off my first love” He walked closing the distance between them. He turned to DongSun seeking his approval

“Thank you for coming” DongSun said with the correct authority to make Jihoo realize that though he is welcome to be there, he shouldn’t be careless with Somin.

“I thought…”Somin started

“That I wouldn’t come?” Jihoo completed her. He glanced sideways to find Somin nod. “I didn’t think I would too” he chuckled “But I think I am finally at a place to let you go”

Somin looked up in surprise but just then the doors infront of them opened disclosing the beautiful rhythm of “Love me Like you Do” and hundreds of gazes from people and camera flashes.

“Let’s go. Hyunjoong is waiting for you” Jihoo smiled and lightly tugged at Somin’s hand.