Insecurities

Love Game

Dong Sun’s POV:

“Cause the way you send me off….that’s how you send off a hooker” Jessica said.

“Jess! Jess!” I cried. But there was no answer just an irritating BEEP. I couldn’t control my fury anymore. I gripped my cellphone and threw it. I watched as it crashed against the opposite wall and then landed on the floor in two pieces. But seeing that little machine break wasn’t enough to calm me down. My fury engulfed me as I collapsed on the floor.

“You don’t wanna touch me you just want to me right?”

How can she say that? After all we’ve been through together….she still doubts my sincerity? I know I haven’t been very expressive but that’s how I always have been. I thought she knew that…she understood that. Or does she? Out of all the people in my life she was the only I thought understood me. I know I have flaws—a huge load of it—but I thought she accepted me with them and loved me. Butnow…I just don’t know….I don’t know anything anymore.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Aaaargh! There’s the knock again. When I didn’t open it first time it’s a clear sign I want to be alone! Why don’t people get that?! Jeez! If whoever is knocking doesn’t stop soon I might actually murder him!

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Seriously! Enough! This person has invited his death!

“Yaaaah!” I got up and pulled the door forcefully but froze as soon as I saw Somin looking at me innocently. I couldn’t help but look at her intently. Her resemblance with Yoona is remarkable! Sometimes ,like now,it just takes me offguard.

“Dong Sun-nim” Somin said softly,her voice was hardly a whisper

I couldn’t face her,I didn’t want her to see me like this so I turned around and walked away from her to the other corner of the room. I heard her approaching slow footsteps, I wasn’t sure how to face her so I just stood frozen in my spot.

“Dong Sun-nim..” she said “Tell me please”

Those three words from her gave me such an undefinable confidence that shouted—“yes! I can trust her!” and I blurted my helpless condition

“I just dunno Somin….I felt we understood each other…but hearing her say stuff like that…I ju-just don’t know” I ran both my hands through my hair and fell on the nearby chair

Somin slowly sat down on the chair opposite me.

“Dong Sun-nim…I understand you don’t like to say cheesy stuff and exhibit your love…” Somin explained “but sometimes you need to reassure your partner that you care,still love them”

I looked up at her in confusion.

“What Jessica said…it wasn’t her….it was her insecurity speaking”

“Insecurity? What Insecurity?” I squinted my eyes and shook my head in confusion

Somin closed her eyes and motioned me to calm down with her hands. “Dong Sun-nim look…unnie…has already given you…her everything” Somin gulped and I flushed. This really is not a topic you would like to talk on with your sister. I should stop the discussion….but she already knows everything…What the heck! I decided to let her continue

“wheras she hasn’t received any kind of insurance” Somin continued

I opened my mouth to strongly protest but Somin glared at me again and I closed it again

“I know you don’t like public display of effection but once or twice go out of your way abit to show her that you care” Somin rose and started to walk towards the door. I stared at her departing figure

When she reached the door she turned around,”There’s always a fear in every girl’s heart that their love will leave them This fear intensifies when her lover doesn’t reciprocate her feelings the way they want to. Jessica unnie is just scared….she’s just a scared girl right now”