Analyzing Him

Love Game

Hyunjoong went with Somin to her house and conveyed his wish to marry her to granny and grandpa.

“Are you certain you want to marry her” grandpa asked

“De harabeoji” Hyunjoong nodded

“She can be really annoying at times…”

“Ara”

“Sometimes you might feel like ‘what’s wrong with her!’ but you have to keep your calm and do your best”

“I’ll give my best,harabeoji”

Somin looked helplessly at her granny. It seemed grandpa wasn’t giving his approval for their marriage but reasons why Hyunjoong should consider divorce!

Granny beamed at her in assurance but Somin was still scared.

“Okay son…since Somin likes you so much as well…and you seem to have the mutual feeling” Grandpa looked at the couple over his glasses and smiled mischievously “You have our permission”

“ASA!” Somin couldn’t help but scream in delight.

“Aigoo! This girl is so outgoing! Be alil conserved you are about to get married” granny said narrowing her eyes

“Ani…kinchana…harameoni…I like her this way” Hyunjoong swung his hand over Somin’s shoulder and pulled her closer

“Omo! I am so happy for you two” granny cried “so when are you guys planning for the marriage?”

“Soon…I am thinking of declaring it on the drama’s season finale premiere” he said thoughtfully and then turned to Somin “you okay with that?”

“I am okay with it but will you be okay?” Somin said,hesitantly. Hyunjoong creased his eyebrows to indicate he didn’t understand what she meant. “in the entertainment industry…isn’t it a risky thing to declare about affairs? You’re at the peak of your career…I don’t want to pose any threat—“

“Fans who have issues with me getting married are stalkers…. Somin-ah…my true fans want me to be happy…and my happiness is in being with you”

Somin smiled softly as grandpa and grandma looked upon them. Granny couldn’t believe everything was finally looking up for Somin. “Good people always get their happy endings” granny thought

But was it really a happy ending?

The news of Hyunjoong’s drama’s abrupt closing spread like wildfire as soon as it was out. Fans across the globe were furious! Turns out many people who weren’t intrinsically fans of Hyunjoong were also core followers of the drama which increased the number of agitated public.

Netizens voiced their protest through every medium they could. Protest messages flocked every forum and social networking sites

“This is so unfair! Why did the station make such a decision?”

“The series will be a hit.Everyone is waiting for the series. Please air it.”

“I'm so sad...Hopefully, something good will come. City Conquest fighting! Lets all pray together!”

“The audience is furious at the news…” Jessica stated.She along with Dong Sun,Hyunjoong and Somin were sitting at the studio. The final episode has come after editing and they have gathered to watch it. Dong Sun and Somin were surfing through the different forums through which fans have responded to the news. Hyunjoong was in his ‘ignore mode’ as he simply stared at the surroundings. Somin once glanced at him and found him attentively looking at his tablet. Getting curious,she peeked to find he was actually reading manga on it! It is situations like these where Somin just cannot understand Hyunjoong. Everyone was worrying about the future of the drama and yet he remained utterly ignorant. “How can it not worry him?” Somin thought in disbelief,resuming her forum navigation with Dong Sun.

“Man! Some of the fans are really furious!” Dong Sun sighed in shock as he read some nasty comments where people abused and cursed the station,some even brought about the possibility of other SSboys doing this out of jealousy

It was actually this reason that Hyunjoong didn’t join the other three as they navigated the forums. From his past experience, Hyunjoong has learnt that some fans can be very rude but telling them that or even trying to make them understand is a futile activity so he has decided to totally ignore it. Seeing harsh comments about people he loves makes him really angry and sad. When the SS501 members signed under different companies he saw how fans fought with each other blaming each other to protect their bias—the negativity sent him into depression. For months he didn’t touch any instrument let alone create music. He drank heavily to wipe away his sorrows..but they just kept on coming back. Many atimes he used to drink so much that he collapsed in the bar itself. Thankfully his friends were there for his rescue who took him away before the media spotted him. It took many months of patience and support from s,friends but eventually they were able to pull Hyunjoong out of his depression. Hyunjoong remembers what his dear friend Jaejoong said to him ”True fans will never lose faith in you…others will just come and go”. This has become Hyunjoong’s mantra. He doesn’t want to know what the fans write in forums—not because he doesn’t care but because he doesn’t want to get provoked by the anti-fans. He has people, like Siwon, reviewing the forums who give him filtered information—the ones he needs to know and wants to know.

But Somin doesn’t know all this. How could she? And so Hyunjoong’s ignorant attitude kinda pissed her off but she didn’t say anything.

“Hyunjoong-ah “ Dong Sun called out.

“Hmm?” Hyunjoong kept away his tablet and sat up

“I was thinking that we should do a video message at the end of the show..where we don’t give away totally about the controversy but you know…just hint at it. What say?”

This was a great thing about Dong Sun which Hyunjoong really liked. Though he was the seniormost among all of them,he never forced any major decision without consulting them. He was very humble and modest and Hyunjoong really appreciated that.

“Jisomhida Dong Sun-nim…… but I was wondering why don’t we arrange for a Finale Premiere like we did for the first episode?” Hyunjoong suggested

“Aaah that’s a great idea! But I dunno…if we can..”Dong Sun turned to Jessica doubtfully

“Waeo?” Jessica asked

“The station authorities haven’t been very supportive and we need to have their permission to do any kinda premiere” Dong Sun sighed.

“But we have full freedom of the contract till episode 16” Somin pointed out

“Kure!” Hyunjoong nodded “The station is bound to co-operate with us till then irrespective of everything”  

“I guess you’re right…let me talk to the station people” Dong Sun said