Walk down the Memory Lane: Hwangbo and Youngsaeng

Love Game

DING DONG

“Yo my sister!” Hyungjun cried when he saw Hwangbo and hugged her.

“I have got pizza…okay na?” Hwangbo asked raising the big reactangular box

“Yo pizza italiano!” Hyungjun sang in his weird English accent

“Cut out your stupid accent!” Youngsaeng hit his head from the back. Hwangbo laughed as Hyungjun gave Youngsaeng a ‘you’re-so-mean’ look. Youngsaeng ignored Hyungjun’s glare and turned to Hwangbo “Hi” he said. Though it was a casual greeting his joy upon seeing the woman infront of him was clearly evident in his voice.

“Hi” Hwangbo greeted,smiling back. She couldn’t deny,she was very happy to see Youngsaeng—she always was. No matter how many times her logic shouted, crying what she felt for him was wrong she couldn’t control her heart and make it obey logic. Since that night at the amusement park her heart has never listened to her.

*FLASHBACK*

Hwangbo was driving back from studio. She recalled that morning when Hyunjoong arrived at her doorstep.

“Noona I have always respected you and after WGM I have grown to admire you as well but we can’t be together. Getting involved will hamper both of our careers and I don’t want that”

Hyunjoong’s words echoed in her head. How could he say that? What does he want her to do? Forget everything? Forget how he rejuvenated the feeling of love in her wounded heart,only to crush it again?

Hwangbo forced her eyes shut in an attempt to forget the painful memory. She suddenly heard a loud honk and opened her eyes to find a black sedan a few hands away from her car. She hit the brake forcefully .The car stopped making a screeching sound and Hwangbo jerked forward in her seat and a major hitting sound was heard

“Yaaaah!” a man came out from the car, yelling.

Hwangbo sighed and got down from the car. The man started yelling at Hwangbo while she hung her head. “Jisomhida” she whispered at the yelling man

“Hwangbo noona?”

Hwangbo raised her head at the call of her name to find Youngsaeng peering out of the back passenger seat. Her eyes grew big in surprise as he got down from the car and walked towards her. “I-I am really sorry…it’s my fault…I know..I wasn’t paying attention” Hwangbo kept repeating. She was totally embarrassed. The elder brother breaks her heart into pieces and then when she closes her eyes to ease the pain she almost crashes into the younger brother’s car. What else was left?

“I-I’ll pay for the damage..hold on” Hwangbo finally said and rushed to get her purse from inside the car. But as soon as she turned Youngsaeng pulled her back by the elbow to face him “Noona!” he cried

Hwangbo kept her eyes low,avoiding eye contact, fearful the tears of her pain will spill. Youngsaeng looked at her intently and then turned to the man who was yelling at Hwangbo a while ago

“Zing-sshi could you please take the car to the garage…I’ll come after dropping noona…she might be in shock”

“What?” Zing,Youngsaeng’s old friend,eyed him

“No no no! I am fine! There’s no need!” Hwangbo shook her head desperately but Youngsaeng didn’t listen. He signalled Zing and then made Hwangbo sit in the front passenger seat. He waved at Zing as he turned around Hwangbo’s car.

“Seriously this wasn’t necessary” Hwangbo said but Youngsaeng simply looked straight and gave no response “I am sorry for the car” she whimpered. Again there was no response. Hwangbo knew Youngsaeng wasn’t much of a talker so she didn’t budge him more even though his silence annoyed her.

“Noona…”

Hwangbo turned at Youngsaeng’s call “De?”

Youngsaeng wasn’t looking at her;his eyes were fixed to the road ahead “Last time I couldn’t visit you guys…”he said

Hwangbo creased her eyebrows as she didn’t understand what he was referring to when he said ‘last time’. From the corner of his eye, Youngsaeng caught Hwangbo’s confused expression.

“The time when you set up blind date for Hyungjun and Kyu with the wonder girls” he explained

“Oh…” Hwangbo nodded

“Not that I wanted to participate in the blind date ceremony...its too much pressurizing for me…not mention incredibly awkward” Youngsaeng said.Hwangbo giggled at his comment. It was the first time she heard Youngsaeng talk so much. Though he wasn’t a man of many words but he definitely was a witty speaker. “but I regret missing out on such a good meal. Hyungjun and Kyu wouldn’t stop yapping about it when they returned”

“Shincha?” Hwangbo exclaimed her thin eyes glinted with happiness

“Jongmal! Infact they talked about the food more than the girls!” he said.

Hwangbo burst out laughing—it was the first time she was laughing like that since WGM ended and when this realization dawned upon her laughter gradually subsided making her abit teary. She cleared and turned to Youngsaeng “Well you should have told me earlier I’d have prepared something for you”

“Prepared for me and then what? Would you have come to the dorm?” Youngsaeng asked.

Hwangbo understood what he was hinting at—she couldn’t visit the SS501’s dorm,the paparazzi would have noticed and spread the rumours which would,in Hyunjoong’s words,hamper their careers. But more than that, she couldn’t make herself go there knowing she would be face to face with the man she loves but who doesn’t love her back. Hwangbo looked down at her hands, her hair fell forward hiding her face.Youngsaeng sensed her disappointment—he couldn’t do much,she had to realize the truth and accept it. Finally she let out a sigh and looked up at him “well I know a place…its very good…I can treat you if you have time now”

Youngsaeng looked at her momentarily and said “Kure”

 ------

They arrived at a dimly lit restaurant. It was a Japanese styled where people sat in small rooms with sliding doors. Though it sounds very high class it actually wasn’t…it was rather a shabby place. Youngsaeng looked around from under his hood as they waited for their turn.

Hwangbo seemed completely normal with the atmosphere as she has been there many times.One of the workers signalled her to come in as one of the rooms got emptied “Come on” she tugged at Youngsaeng

Youngsaeng was too dazed but still followed her with stealthy steps. Once inside they both removed their hoods. Youngsaeng brushed his hair to make it look nice again.

“You idols…are so concerned with your image” Hwangbo mumbled

Youngsaeng thought she was mocking him but when he raised his head to answer her back he saw the light yet conspicuous hint of sadness on her face. Obviously when she said ‘idols’ she didn’t just mean him. “is there anything good available here?” he asked sarcastically—the place in no way looked promising to him

“Black noodles alright?” Hwangbo asked

“With soju please…but I dunno about the quality of soju available here…”Youngsaeng remarked wrinkling his nose

Hwangbo rolled her eyes “Hoods up”

“Why? I just did my hair!”youngsaeng exclaimed in annoyance

“Do you want the waitress to scream ‘SS501!’?”

Youngsaeng understood and reluctantly put his hoodie back. Their food arrived with the soju shortly and soon Hwangbo started drinking.

“Yah! Why aren’t you drinking?” drunk Hwangbo cried

“Cause I have to drive” Youngsaeng simply said

Hwangbo waved her hand in the air blindly and gulped one more cup

“WGM’s over and I am still single and I am still hoping to find Hyunjoong’s engagement ring in the side dishes” Hwangbo smiled sadly. Youngsaeng kept away his glass and looked at her.Tears poured from her eyes as she continued to laugh .”I am pathetic aint I? I knew…I knew..me and him..Sangchu can never happen…yet I fell for him! Pathetic! Pathetic!” Hwangbo shook her head.Youngsaeng just kept quiet and didn’t utter a single word. “YAH! Why aren’t you saying anything!!! Tell me…tell me I am pathetic!” Hwangbo cried “I am stupid idiot girl and I deserve every bit of what’s happening to me!”

“No you don’t..” Youngsaeng whispered but Hwangbo was too drunk to hear and soon she passed out. Youngsaeng placed her carefully inside the car and drove to her apartment. That night he saw a very different side of Hwangbo. The woman who always puts up a bright smile even in the toughest of times, the woman whom the world admires for her strong personality….that night he saw how fragile she is,how broken she is in reality. Something none else has seen,even not Hyunjoong

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Really sorry everyone for updating so late.....the past 2 weeks have been lunatic! I was so busy wid my projects  I didnt have time to eat and sleep let alone write....but finally my project's done and i took this chance to do an update so here it is...

Many of you have been curious about Hwangbo and Youngsaeng so here's one chapter fully dedicated to them....I wanted to finish off their history in one chapter but midway i realized i couldnt...der relationship is even more complex than Hyunjoong n Somin...so this one is the first one in the series...der r mor to come...since there will be clashes among the present and past I've decided to write the present in black and the past in brown....ENJOY!