Love Game again?

Love Game

“Nick…is your boyfriend?” Jungmin asked in confusion

“rather…WAS” Seungyeon said calmly. Jungmin tilted his head to one side assessing her with narrowed eyes. “Oppa would you please sit down” she sighed signaling it to the chair infront of her.

Jungmin looked at the seat for a moment,judging whether he should or not. Finally, shoving away his indecisiveness, he sat infront of her “I’m listening” Jungmin said resting his head over his knotted fingers

“I am from Busan…” Seungyeon began.  “Nick and I were childhood friends and eventually became lovers. I had to come to Seoul for my career and after a year Nick came here as well. We were so very happy,getting the chance to be together finally after a year of separation. But our happiness…was short-lived” Seungyeon sighed.

Jungmin raised his head alittle creasing his eyebrows

“Gyuri always has a habit of going towards things that are forbidden…and for her Nick was as tempting as the forbidden fruit. From the day I introduced Nick to the girls,she made him her target. She’d constantly hunt for opportunities to be alone with him and creating misunderstandings between us.” Seungyeon narrated “Nick and I….we were the ideal couple! But after she intervened…our relationship started to crumble” she closed her eyes shaking her head in disbelief “We..the couple who never had a single difference of opinion…started quarrelling like cats and dogs!” she exclaimed with tears in her eyes “And finally the thing I feared the most happened. Nick left me…for Gyuri” Seungyeon smiled weakly with tears streaming down her cheeks.

When Jungmin saw her tears, he felt an uncontrollable urge to hug her and console her. Those brown beady eyes of hers that Jungmin can never turn away from. His hand formed into fists as he controlled his overpowering urge—he had to! This girl was nothing to him! Infact he understood she was using him. “So you were trying to make Nick jealous? “He said handing her his handkerchief.

Seungyeon wiped his tears “yes..” she sniffed.

This sudden change in her behavior came as a total surprise to Jungmin. The tempermental freak was,in real, just a heartbroken girl. Considering their first meeting, he never imagined Seungyeon could be like this.

“But if you’re waiting for me to say ‘jisohmhida oppa’ or anything of that sort….then I’d advise you to stop since it’s not gonna happen” she said,looking away raising her chin

And the tempermental freak was back! Jungmin couldn’t resist a giggle.

“Why are you laughing?” Seungyeon inquired raising her eyebrows.

“Nothing…” Jungmin shook his head,still chuckling. Seungyeon puffed out her cheeks in fury and looked away . Seeing her cute expression Jungmin’s laugh grew hysterical

“I understand my misery is a joke for you” Seungyeon said and rose up “but I am done entertaining you. Bye” she said and turned away to leave.

Seeing her leave,Jungmin stopped laughing and ran upto her. She caught her wrist and pulled her to face him.  “Do you have any hope your plan will work?” he asked

Seungyeon couldn’t answer.Jungmin was standing very close to her and her wrist which he was holding felt as if it was on fire. This was the first time he touched her…or maybe the first time he touched her that made her conscious of his electrifying touch. His face was also in close proximity with hers, his breath fanned her face. She knew he had asked her something but her nervousness didn’t allow her brain to register his question. What’s wrong with her? It took her a long minute to recover. “I-it might” she stammered

Jungmin observed Seungyeon’s nervousness and he released her,backing away abit. The distance between them finally let Seungyeon think straight. She immediately composed herself and said “well it’s the best shot I’ve got”

“Kure” Jungmin said “When does your recording end tomorrow?”

“Seven…”Seungyeon said creasing her eyebrows

“We’ll meet at seven after your recording gets over” jungmin said putting on his jacket.

Seungyeon didn’t understand his implication. As he started to walk towards the exit she asked “but why are we meeting?”

“To make Nick jealous” he winked and left her.

Jungmin didn’t know what he was doing, why he was doing it or how did he get himself this arrangement. But that wasn’t the worst past…the worst part was that he liked this,he was looking forward to this somehow. WHY?