Restless and Uneasy

Love Game

Somin didn’t come to the shoot that day. Hyunjoong felt very restless—he couldn’t concentrate in his work. He had to give several takes for simple scenes which he usually got right in one go. Dong Sun was furious!

“Yah! Hyunjoong-ah what’s gotten into you huh?” he shouted throwing the script at Hyunjoong. His condition was no better—not being able to see her sister like Somin and knowing Hyunjoong was the reason,agitated him. “this is ridiculous!” Dong Sun left the studio and went outside to get some fresh air.

Once outside and alone he lit a cigarette and smoked. Jessica came and rubbed his shoulder.

“I’m going overboard aint i?” he sighed. Jessica kept quiet and kept rubbing. “I cant get Somin’s sad face out of my head! And whenever I look at Hyunjoong it gives me staunch reminder that he’s the reason for Somin’s dire condition” Dong Sun threw a fist into the nearby tree trunk.

“Calm down Dongie” Jessica said rubbing him back which now faced her. “Finishing the drama is our top priority right now. I know your worried for Somin but you have to concentrate on your work. Somin would have wanted that too.”  

Dong Sun closed his eyes and exhaled heavily to calm himself. He then turned around and leaned on the tree. He reached out and grabbed Jessica’s hand. “Kumawo” he said softly as he softly placed a kiss on her palm. Jessica smiled.

“You smell like strawberry” he said as he sniffed on her wrist

“Ah that must be the new handwash I got”

“Handwash?”

“Yea I used it today for the first time after completing morning chores” Jessica winked  

Dong Sun looked at her  in confusion while Jessica simply smirked

 “Morning cho--” and then he understood what Jessica meant. “EEEEEEW! Jess! You’re sick!” Dong Sun wrinkled his nose in disgust. But then he smiled,for the first time that morning.

“Have you talked to Somin?” Hyunjoong asked Haera when they were having lunch together in his changing room.

“Ummm….no” Haera said looking away munching on her sandwich

“Yah! What’s this Haera? Your bestfriend doesn’t come to work and you don’t even bother to ask her why?”

“Wow! Brilliant! Its hardly been 24hrs and you’re already scolding me! I have been busy that’s why I couldn’t call”

“I’m not SCOLDING you!” Hyunjoong rolled his eyes.He exhaled heavily “Fine! I understand you were busy but you’re free now. Call her”

Haera was highly reluctant but seeing no way out she took out her phone and dialed up Somin.

Somin hadn’t left her bed since morning. She just kept on crying until her tearglands gave up. She was sitting in utter silence looking out of the window when her phone vibrated beside her. She looked and saw Haera’s name flash on the screen. She didnt bother to pick it up and just went back to staring out of the window.

“She’s not picking up” Haera said,she was somewhat relieved Somin didn’t answer cause if she did what would she say—Somin wont understand her perspective so it was good in a way.

Hyunjoong grew more worried. He himself tried to call her many times throughout the day,sent her texts but she didn’t respond to any.Finally he decided to visit Somin again after dropping Haera.

“Goodnight Hyunjoong-ah” Haera said. They were parked outside her house.

“Goodnight” Hyunjoong bowed

“Arent we forgetting something?”

“Hmm? what?”

“This” Haera leaned in and kissed his lips. She tried to make the kiss deeper but Hyunjoong broke it off

“In a rush are we?” Haera asked seductively and leaned forward again but Hyunjoong backed away

“Mianhe…umm…Haera” Hyunjoong cleared his throat and looked away “but I am planning to go to Somin’s to check on her.I couldnt see her yesterday cause it was already very late and she was asleep”

Haera burst into fury. She threw the car door open and stomped away inside her house. Hyunjoong tried to cal her but she walked away and disappeared inside the house

“Aiiish!!! “ Hyunjoong ran his fingers through his hair and pulled it in anger. He hit the steering wheel twice then turned his car around and drove to somin’s place