Chapter 97

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

It’s been two days since Jessica has regained her memory. All has been well as she cleared all the tests and examinations the doctors have performed on her with great results. She was ready to be discharged from the hospital this morning.

 

Sauntering his way into the room, Kris held a duffle bag in his hand. Seeing Jessica brighten up due to his appearance, Kris couldn’t help but grin as well. Today was the day he can bring Jessica home.

 

“I brought your clothes,” Kris placed the duffle bag on the end of the bed. “Are you ready to go home?”

 

Jessica nodded her head as she dug through the bag. “I want to see more of the city.” She grinned excitedly, wanting to see more of China, as she hasn’t been able to.

 

Kris frowned, “Are you sure? You’re still bruised.” He ran his fingers on the several light purple bruises on her arm. “The doctor told me to take special care of you.”

 

Scrunching her nose, Jessica then stuck out her tongue. “They’re just bruises and the doctor just told you to look out for me in case I get clumsy or hurt myself.” She corrected. “I’m allowed to go out and have fun.”

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, Kris didn’t want her to be where she had a possibility of getting hurt. “I suggest you stay home for the time being.”

 

Jessica pouted, “But I want to go explore~ The doctor said I’m allowed to do everything normally again.”

 

“Should I call the nurse in to give you another thorough examination? I’m sure there’s some precaution about these bruises.” Kris raised his eyebrows, wanting her to stay home where she’ll be safe.

 

Folding her arms, Jessica glared back at him. “Well good luck with that. The nurse doesn’t really like you ever since you started to sleep on the hospital bed with me. She said it was a safety provision yet you still chose to sleep with me.”

 

If Jessica wanted to start a battle, she’ll get one. Kris wasn’t going to back out either.

 

Leaning in closer to her, Kris narrowed his eyes. “But who was the one who wanted me to stay on the same bed as them because they couldn’t sleep?”

 

Jessica’s lips formed into a little pout. “You didn’t have to listen to me.” she limply retorted.

 

Kris’s eyebrow arched up along with an arrogant smirk hanging on his lips. He knew he definitely won.

 

“Oppa is being too vigilant ever since I fell.” Jessica pouted, grabbing the bag and running into the bathroom to change.

 

Eying her running figure, he watched her with a grin of his face. It was an undeniable fact that he liked to and see that beyond mesmerizing pout.

 

“You can’t blame me for being so cautious and alert.” Kris voiced out, reinforcing his point.

 

Hearing no reply from Jessica, Kris figured that she was busy pouting and sulking that she lost their little disagreement. An amused smile slid onto his lips, as he sat down on the bed, patiently waited for Jessica to come out.

 

The door clicked open and revealed a Jessica dressed in a hooded sweater and dark denim jeans. Of course, Kris was always reserved when it came to Jessica in general. Looking up at her, Kris stared in silence. He was wondering what she was thinking.

 

Throwing the duffle bag back into the bed, Jessica then went to retrieve her phone from the table without even speaking a word to Kris. Sensing her attempt at trying to seem cold and upset, Kris gently pulled her onto his lap and s his arms around her waist.

 

“You’re not mad at me are you?” Kris asked inquisitively, nestling his lips onto her neck. “Just because I won?”

 

Jessica shifted on his lap and unintentionally straddles him. “Oppa, why can’t I go out and see more of the city?” she asked with a pouty lip and blinking eyes.

 

“Because it’s dangerous and you can get hurt.” Kris simply replied, holding onto her waist.

 

“But you’re going to be there with me, so I won’t get hurt.” Jessica fluttered her eyelashes in the most mesmerizing way ever. “Can I please go and tour around the city with you? I don’t want to stay planted at home. Please?” she looked at him with glistening pleading eyes. “Bbuing bbuing?” she adorably did her aeygo on him.

 

Kris shut his eyes for a moment. Jessica just knows how to get to him in all the right ways. He doesn’t think he could deny her. It was as if Jessica was using everything against him right now. From the way she was sitting on him to her cuteness overload, Kris just couldn’t resist.

 

Sighing, Kris’s shoulders sagged. Guess he didn’t win after all.

 

“Fine.” Kris grumbled, knowing no way to deny Jessica.

 

A happy cheer came from Jessica as she jumped on his lap, landing rather harshly against him. Kris froze, as Jessica sat back down rather too close after the quite rough friction between their bodies.

 

Attaching their lips together, Jessica wanted to thank Kris. Without knowing, Jessica’s kiss only made Kris’s desire and hormones shoot up. Tightening his grip on her hips, he prolonged the kiss and made it into a deeper one.

 

There was a quick knock on the door before it slid open, revealing an anxious looking Emily. She couldn’t take even a step inside without gasping loudly and smacking her hand over in surprise. Her eyes widened as she stood there in place, stunned.

 

The two immediately stopped, hearing the door open. Their eyes flickered open to see who had unexpectedly walked in. Jessica’s face turned extremely red from embarrassment. Kris loosened his grip on Jessica’s hips, feeling frustrated that they had an intruder.

 

“Oh…sorry.” Emily apologized before awkwardly looking anywhere but at the couple. “I just…I was going to…this is awkward.”

 

Moving herself off of Kris’s lap, Jessica sat on the hospital bed with her face still burning in heat. Shifting around, Kris took in a deep breath to help suppress himself.

 

“What is it?” Kris took the initiative to stop the awkward atmosphere in the room.

 

Emily straightened up. “Oh…I was here to talk to Jessica…” she blinked uncomfortably.

 

Hearing her name, Jessica looked up. When she realized that it was Emily standing at the door, she tensed up. She instinctively reached over to hold onto Kris.

 

“Is it okay if we could talk right now?” Emily questioned Jessica.

 

Jessica glanced over at Kris with worry. She didn’t know what to do. Kris gave her a reassuring look before holding onto her hand. His eyes met hers, trying to tell her that everything was going to be okay and that she wasn’t going to get hurt.

 

Directing her eyes up to Emily, Jessica nodded her head. “Sure.”

 

Emily gave a hopeful smile before stepping inside the room. She stopped in her tracks when she realized that Kris was staying in the room as well. Emily scrunched up her lips, but continued to walk, settling herself on one of the chairs bedside. She figured that whatever she was going to say, she might as well be able to say it in front of Kris as well considering that two were practically inseparable.

 

Emily cleared nervously, “Uhm, I just wanted to apologize to you, Jessica.” She met eyes with Jessica for a mere second before looking down again. “For everything. I’m sorry for everything I’ve done towards you and Kris. I was just…just jealous and stupid.”

 

Jessica looked at her with sympathy. She knew it must be hard for Emily to actually be here and reflect on her actions along with apologizing.

 

“I’m sorry that I was terribly rude towards you when I didn’t even try to get to know you first. I was obnoxious and despicable. I was really full of myself.” Emily’s hands balled into fists in re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter