Chapter 40

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV:

As Kris was putting on his blazer in the bedroom, Jessica was busy fixing herself in the bathroom. Having trouble with his necktie, Kris kept redoing it over and over again, each time getting more and more frustrated.

Jessica suddenly appeared out of the bathroom with a white strapless dress that hugged her body, revealing her s-line, along with a red belt, complemented by her cherry red stilettos. Her hair done beautifully in a wave like manner, one side was tucked behind her ear neatly and parted behind her shoulder as the other side waved down on the front with her bangs side swept perfectly.

Without saying a word, she made her way over to her struggling boyfriend, put down her small clutch and quickly started helping him tie his tie properly onto his neck. Kris only stared at her in complete awe and shock. Her beauty had mesmerized him.

Tightening his tie and pushing it up neatly and gently, Jessica finished helping him and looked up at him with a smile before fixing his collar tidily. As she finished straightening up the top of his tuxedo, she gave him a grin before giving him a peck on his lips, transferring the grin onto his face.

“You look stunning.” Kris managed to sputter out, earning a shy smile from Jessica.

“Thank you, Oppa. You look just as stunning as well.” She giggled before she grabbed her clutch from the bed. Her eyes met his before her finger traced his lips several times. “Except you have a little lip gloss on your lips.” She laughed as she brushed the traces of her lips off.

He encircled her in his arms and gazed into her eyes. Eying her up and down again, he wanted to take everything in before they left the cabin. He suddenly chuckled when he noticed something that was out of the ordinary but he loved its presence.

“Jess, my love bite is showing.” He glanced down at her showy collarbone. With her hair parted back and no make-up was covering it, his mark on her was revealing its dark purple color.

She jumped up in recollection. “I forgot~” she pouted before running back into the bathroom speedily.

Kris chuckled before walking over to the living room to check his reflection on the wall mirror once more. His hair was tousled in a messy yet fashionable way. He smirked as he fixed a few strands of hair before hearing Jessica’s heels clicking closer.

“Is it covered now?” she asked in expectation. “I even stuck some supplies in here in case it gets rubbed off tonight.” She waved her small clutch around.

He nodded his head approvingly. “It’s completely covered. Let’s go.” He lent her his arm and she happily linked their arms together as they walked out of the cabin.

Making their way towards the dining hall, they finally made it and headed towards the door that led to the hall as they were met by an employee of the ship who was asking for their name.

“Jessica Jung and Kris Wu.” Kris proceeded to give her their names as his arm slipped onto Jessica’s waist.

“Ms. Jung and Mr. Wu...I have you both on the list.” The lady smiled as she highlighted their names before gesturing them towards the hall. “You may make your way in. Have a wonderful evening.” She gave a slight bow.

The two took a couple steps in before another worker stopped them and asked them to stand by a small board off to the side to get their pictures taken. Obliging, Kris and Jessica stood in front of the camera and got their picture taken in two shots. Bowing goodbye to the cameraman, the two finally made it into the hall.

It was grand with a ridiculously high ceiling with big, white and gold chandeliers hanging down from them. Both took in the beautifully decorated room before they were met with fellow employees and started to make small talk.

Finally finishing their conversation, Kris and Jessica looked for a table to sit at. When Kris spotted someone familiar, he pulled Jessica over to the table with him.

“Hey guys!” Kris greeted as he stood in front of a table with two guys happily conversing with each other.

“KREEAASE!” Chanyeol greeted back as he stood up with his signature happy smile.

“Oh! Hyung! You were on this cruise too?!” Chen also stood up but noticed a familiar female figure besides Kris.

Jessica eyed Kris and then at the two boys. “Oh! You’re Chen and…Chanyeol right?” she smiled with raised eyebrows.

Chen and Chanyeol blinked at her absentmindedly.

Jessica frowned and her face filled with worry. “Did I get it wrong? I’m really sorry! Let me recall again.” She blinked and went through the names in her head again.

Chanyeol and Chen broke out in laughter. “We’re just joking with you. You got our names right. We remember you too. Jessica, right?”

Her face turned shy as she let out a small laugh with them. Jessica nodded, “Yes, nice to see you guys again.” She smiled.

“Ahem, you’re not going to ask us to sit?” Kris coughed with expectance.

“OH! Here! Hyung, Jessica, take a seat! They’re empty.” Chanyeol gestured to the seats around the circular table.

“No one wanted to sit with us.” Chen joked and laughed at his own comment.

Kris pulled out a seat for Jessica and let her settle down before he sat in between Chanyeol and her.

“So~~ You guys are finally going out now?” Chanyeol cooed with a curious face. Chen gasped and leaned in, wanting to know as well.

Kris scoffed playfully before nudging the two boys back away from him. “We’ve been, for a while. You guys just aren’t up to date.”

“Sorry, we’re just so busy being mailmen at the company. Mailmen just get extremely busy sometimes.” Chanyeol retorted with a sarcastic tone.

Jessica watched the boys with interest with a smile on her face. Kris looked extremely comfortable and relaxed with his friends. She wasn’t as close to the rest of his friends except Tao, Sehun and Kai, so she did a feel a bit out of place. Looking on as they were talking, she only smiled at their animated faces as they converse.

“Jessica Noona, you look very beautiful this evening.” Chen took this time to compliment Jessica on her outfit.

She smiled brigtly. “Thank you. You don’t look bad yourself.” Jessica suddenly stared at him. “Wait, Noona?”

Kris gave Chen a glare, making him watch what he says. He didn’t want another one of his dongsaengs to be attached to her.

“What Hyung? I’m just giving a compliment!” Chen defended himself. “Is it okay if I call you Noona? You’re older than me, right?” he directed his attention back to her.

Jessica nodded. “Oh yeah, of course. I’m getting used to being called Noona anyways.”

“OH! Does that mean I can call you Noona as well?” Chanyeol suddenly jumped into the conversation with a huge smile on his face.

Jessica nodded happily. She couldn’t help but to feel joyful with Chanyeol’s happy vibe emitting from him.

Chen and Chanyeol high-fived each other. “So Noona! What floor do you work on?” the two boys listened carefully, now ignoring Kris as they gave her their full attention.

“The twenty-third floor. You guys?” she replied.

“Eighteenth. We’re both mail distributors. Cool mail distributors. What about you? Are you a manager like Kris Hyung?” Chanyeol and Chen emphasized.

“I’m a brand manager along with Tiffany, so I guess that’s considered a manager.” Jessica giggled. “I haven’t seen you guys around the building though.”

“That’s because cool mail distributors are always busy with their important mail. We also have fangirls of our own on our floor.” Chen boasted.

Kris broke out laughing. “Riiiight~ So busy that you guys text me the whole day stating that you’re bored to death. You guys don’t even have fangirls. In fact, there are no females at all on that floor. It’s just filled with men and mail packages.”

“Hey!! We still have fangirls! They’re just no allowed on our floor. They know how to restrain themselves.” Chen continued his useless bragging.

“Is it that boring to be mail distributors?” Jessica questioned. “I’m actually thankful that you guys deliver my mail to my mailbox on my floor every morning on time.” She smiled appreciatively.

Chanyeol and Chen stared at her wide-eyed before pretending to sob happy tears. “No one has ever said that to us!” they pinched their nose bridges and shook their heads as they continued their melodrama. “Noona, you’re just…just too nice! We’re just so thankful that you appreciate our hard work…it’s…it’s the first time someone has complimented on our fast and hard work. Th-Thank you!” Chanyeol reached over to shake Jessica’s hand as she laughed at their playfulness.

Chen also held onto her hand along with Chanyeol as the two stopped their sobbing act. “But in all seriousness, we’re thankful. Very thankful.” Their voices transitioned from sobs to serious deep Casanova voices as they wiggled their eyebrows.

Jessica giggled again at their good humor.

“Yah! Enough with the holding now!” Kris pried their palms off of Jessica’s hand.

“Geez. Clingy much…” Chen mumbled as he slid his hand back.

Kris shot him a glare, causing his eyes to widen.

“I-I’m sorry Hyung! I apologize. Please! Please! Don’t cut my head off! I beg of you! Please! I have a family to support! I can’t die now!” Chen began his melodramatic acting again, this time without Chanyeol.

“Yah! We’re not in the eighteenth century!” Kris smacked his arm.

Jessica’s giggling ceased as she tried to catch her breath. “You guys are so funny~” she gave them a bright smile.

“Really?!.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened.

She nodded her head. “Is that a bad thing?” she blinked as she tilted her head.

“No! It’s a compliment to us actually. We’re just undeniably funny aren’t we?” Chanyeol wiggled his eyebrows.

Jessica started to laugh again. “You guys should become a comedy duo. You two work well together.”

“Noona, you look very cute when you’re laughing. You can beat Sehun and Tao!” Chen pointed out.

Kris’s smile disappeared on his face as soon as Chen spoke up about Jessica’s cuteness. He gave him a ‘watch it’ look, knowing he goes for older women instead of girls around his age.

“Let’s go walk around.” Kris grabbed onto Jessica’s hand as he stood up from his seat. “We’ll be back.” He eyed the two boys before helping Jessica up from her seat.

“Aw, Hyung! We wanted to talk to Noona more!” Chen pouted.

Kris gave him a mean glower before walking off with Jessica. He didn’t want the two boys getting too attached to her. They are his best buddies and practically brothers but there’s no way is he letting them get too friendly with his girlfriend, not after Tao, who seemed overly attached to Jessica to the point where he makes her stay up with him for video games, which he only does with his Hyungs. Although he knows all the boys are going to be comfortable with Jessica one day, he didn’t want it to happen this early.

A waiter walked by with a tray full of drinks. Noticing the empty handed couple, he smiled politely before presenting them his tray. “Would you two like some drinks?”

Jessica glanced at the tray and saw that it was full of champagne and wine. She gripped onto Kris’s arm tighter and quickly shook her head with a small awkward smile. Kris noticed her restrains and grabbed a glass of champagne off the tray before nodding at the waiter who walked off happily.

Glancing up at him and the drink in his hand, Jessica frowned. “Oppa, are you trying to taunt me?”

He chuckled, “No,” he held the glass in front of her. “Would you like some?” he teased, earning a hit to the chest by Jessica’s petite fist. “I’ll let you have a sip. I’m here to control your drinking anyways.” He smiled.

“I guess…” Jessica sniffed the drink before Kris put the glass on her lips, letting her carefully taste a tad bit. “I don’t taste anything.” She blinked.

Kris smiled, “Well I’m not letting you have anymore.” He wrapped his free arm around her waist and they started to mingle with fellow workers they’ve met before.

Ten minutes later, the Boss wanted to speak to Kris alone, leaving Jessica by herself to wander around. She was getting bored being by herself since it was usually Kris who started conversations for them. She was shy around strangers but when Kris was beside her, she felt more comfortable. Deciding to make her way back to Chen and Chanyeol, she was stopped by a familiar figure.

“Fany!” Jessica smiled. “I like your dress!” she gasped when she saw what Tiffany was wearing. “Oh, Kai! You look spiffy!”

“Hey!” the couple replied. “Where’s Kris?” Kai asked as he held onto Tiffany’s hand.

Jessica pouted, “Boss wanted to speak with him and they’re taking a long time. I was going to go back to talking with Chen and Chanyeol but I saw you two.” She pointed at the table Chanyeol and Chen were sitting together and laughing with each other.

“Oh, I’m gonna say hi to the boys! I’ll be back!” Kai raced over to Chanyeol and Chen happily, leaving Tiffany with Jessica.

“You’re dress is so pretty!” Tiffany gaped at her in jealousy. “But I still like my dress too.” She giggled, making Jessica laugh along with her.

JinHee suddenly came by with her camera in her hands. “Hey, you guys made it!” she was smiling. “May I take a picture of you two?”

“Sure~” the two best friends stood next to each other with smiles on their faces.

JinHee quickly snapped the picture and smiled. “Thanks! So, are have you guys picked out your seats yet?”

Jessica nodded, “We’re sitting with Chanyeol and Chen.”

Tiffany glanced back at the table and saw Kai planted next to them, laughing. “I guess I’ll be sitting there too.”

“Great! We’ll all be sitting together!” JinHee smiled. “Oh, I heard you got intoxicated yesterday, Jessica!”

Jessica frowned, “Yeah…who told you that?” she rubbed her neck.

JinHee nodded towards Tiffany. “I met up with her while we were touring around in Kuala Lumpur earlier. We just talked and got closer.”

Tiffany eye smiled. “Yeah! We have so many things in common as well!”

Turns out, JinHee and Tiffany bumped into each other at a sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter