Chapter 78

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Situating themselves in their own seats, the three of them got comfortable in the restaurant, as they would be eating lunch here. They had spent an immense amount of time grocery shopping and at this point, they just wanted food in their stomachs as soon as possible.

Handing Kyungsan a menu from the table, Jessica watched as he flipped the menu, searching for something he would like. Of course, Kyungsan was just looking at the pictures, seeming that they were much more easier.

“Kyungie wants this one!” he pointed to the picture of an ice cream.

“No dessert until you finish your food first.” Jessica instructed, knowing exactly what Kyungmi would’ve said.

Kyungsan pouted at his Noona before facing Kris Hyung in front of Jessica.

“Hyung~ Kyungie wants ice cream!” he gave a smile, hoping his Hyung would let him have what he wanted.

Kris placed the menu in his hand down before poking his cheek with a grin on his face after seeing that Kyungsan just wanted dessert before an actual meal.

“Sorry, Kyungie. No dessert until you have your meal.” Kris shook his head.

Kyungsan pouted in his seat as his Hyung and Noona was busy talking with the menu in between them. He thought he could have the rules loosen without his mother here to prevent him from doing something she wouldn’t want him to do because his Noona would always be nicer to him. Today wasn’t the case and Kyungie knew that Jessica was following his mom’s rules rather strictly today.

His eyes wandered off to the table in front of him. Seeing that his Noona wasn’t looking, Kyungsan slipped himself under the table and being the little curious kid he was, he waddled his way over to the other side where Kris was sitting, wanting to surprise his Hyung.

“Boo!” Kyungsan excitedly popped out beside Kris, holding his hands up in the air.

Kris feigned a shocked reaction, since he had already saw Kyungsan when he was up to his mischievous ideas. Kyungie giggled at his expression, too naïve to understand that Kris wasn’t scared at all, but nevertheless, Kris played along, wanting to have fun with him.

“Sorry I scared you Hyung.” Kyungsan gave a toothy smile. “Kyungie wanted to play.” The boy blinked, hoping that his Hyung wasn’t too scared.

Kris hummed, “I’ll forgive you this time. Next time, Hyung will scare you back. Watch out~” he narrowed his eyes at him playfully.

Kyungsan giggled before nodding his head. Scooping Kyungie in his arms, Kris slid him onto his lap as he kept deciding his order along with Jessica who was smiling at the two the entire time.

A kind middle-aged woman came by to take their orders but stopped when she noticed Kyungsan playing around with the utensils on the table as he sat in Kris’s lap.

“Omona~ You’re so cute!” the lady gave a motherly smile towards Kyungsan who looked at her with blinking eyes. “What’s your name?” she asked him.

Kyungsan only continued to blink at the woman before glancing up at Kris and Jessica. Kyungmi had taught him not to talk to strangers, and Kyungsan had listened well when she taught him.

“His name is Kyungsan.” Jessica smiled at the kind lady. “He’s shy around strangers. Sorry for his lack of response.”

The ahjumma just grinned. “Oh, that’s okay! He’s very adorable! He must’ve gotten it from his mother.” The lady gave an eye smile towards Jessica. “I’m sure he’ll grow just as tall as you when he grows up too and even have good looks as well.” She glanced over at Kris this time. 

Kris’s eyebrows rose when he realized the lady was referring to him. He couldn’t help but grin before they started to place their orders.

Once the woman jotted down their orders, she flashed them another eye smile.

“I think you three are the cutest family I’ve ever seen!” the lady giggled before gathering the menus off the table. “I’ll be right back with your orders!” she grinned as she made her way off.

Jessica’s eyes widened, watching the backside of the middle-aged woman walk away. It was yet another person who thought the three of them was a family today. Jessica’s cheeks flushed red at the thought.

Glancing up to see Kris’s mischievous smile, it seemed as though he enjoys these comments people are saying about them. Jessica bit her lip and diverted her eyes onto the table and away from Kris’s eyes. Her face heated up as she started to think.

Why does Kris enjoy these comments about them being parents and a family? Could it perhaps be that he might want to have a family with her one day?

Jessica’s eyes widened at that thought, only to have her face boil up in shyness again. She quickly disposed that thought in her head, knowing that she wasn’t in the right place to be even thinking about it, considering that they haven’t gone there in their relationship yet.

“Are you okay?” Kris questioned with a worried expression as he tilted her chin up to face him.

Quickly nodding her head, she stopped her excessive thinking and gave a smile that reassured him.

 

~~

 

Making it home a couple hours ago, little Kyungsan was tired from the activities today, as they had fun, ate and even visited a park nearby where the little boy was excited about the swings. On the way home in the car, he fell asleep on a good note.

Having themselves situated on the couch in the living room, Kris and Jessica were watching a movie as Kyungsan slept in their bedroom, safe and sound. Snuggling up to each other, the couple embraced each other’s warmth.

During the whole movie, Kris wasn’t interested in the film, as he would always glance at Jessica, whose eyes were glued onto the screen. Occasionally nuzzling his lips on the crown of her head, he would relish her warm scent of peach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter