Chapter 66

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“No.”

“You have to take it sooner or later.”

“No!”

“The faster you take it, the faster you get better.”

“No~~”

Kris sighed at Jessica’s stubbornness. She hasn’t even touched the medication because Kris had gone easy on her, letting it slide. Today was a different day and Jessica chose to make the day already difficult as she refused to eat the darn pill for her health.

“Jess, I’m not going to ask again. Take the medicine so you can feel better.” Kris sighed.

Jessica’s lips formed a pout. “But your kisses work as just as good!”

Kris’s lips twitched up in a smile before he planted a kiss on her. “Hm, I know they’re effective, but they’re not as helpful as these.” He waved the bottle of pills in front of her face.

“I don’t want to~” Jessica buried herself under the duvet, hiding from Kris. “I liked your kisses better…” she pouted underneath the fluffy white blanket.

Failing at his umpteenth time at trying to get Jessica to take her medication, Kris’s eyes wandered off and landed on the closet. An idea popped up in his head and a smirk appeared on his face. He knew what he could do to make Jessica take her medication.

He had planned to take the whole week off to take care of Jessica. He had already called up JinHee last night to tell her that he’d be out for around seven days. Jessica was extremely happy when he made the call, as she was next to him, listening to the whole conversation. She was overjoyed that she’d get to spend a week with Kris by her side the whole time.

Placing the bottle of pills down on her vanity table, Kris didn’t say a word as he made his way towards the closet and started to pull out his work attire carefully.

Hearing no noise, Jessica squirmed underneath the duvet and peeked her head out as she curled up on the bed, watching Kris’s every move. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw him grab some clothes and head inside the bathroom.

Fully aware that Jessica was watching him, Kris made his way into the bathroom and changed himself into his work attire, knowing that it’ll get Jessica to turn in. Opening the bathroom door and stepping out, he casually rolled up the sleeves of his dress shirt as he grabbed his phone off the nightstand, avoiding eye contact with Jessica the entire time.

By this time, Jessica was sitting up on the bed, hugging onto the duvet, watching him attentively. When she saw that he was in his work attire, she started to panic. Was he going to leave her?

Fiddling with his phone, he had to make it believable, so he dialed up LuHan’s number randomly and placed his phone to his ear. Hearing the ringing, Kris inwardly smiled. Placing the phone in between his ear and shoulder, he began rolling up his other sleeve when LuHan picked up his phone.

“Hello? Why are you calling?” LuHan sounded confused, wondering why Kris was calling him in the afternoon.

Kris only kept his poker face on and replied. “Hey, JinHee.”

“Uh, Kris, I think you got the wrong nu-” LuHan began but was cut off by Kris.

“Yeah, I was going to tell you that I’m coming in today.” Kris spoke seriously, earning a devastated wide-eyed look from Jessica.

“Kris, I have no idea what you are talking about. I’m not JinHee!” LuHan exclaimed, but Kris kept going as if he couldn’t hear him.

“There’s a meeting today? In fifteen minutes?” Kris questioned. “I should be able to make it.”

LuHan just groaned over the phone. “I’m hanging up, Kris. Stop playing around! It’s not funny! Prank call someone else!”

The phone immediately disconnected and Kris shoved his phone into his pocket satisfied.

Jessica only had a heartbroken expression on her face. She didn’t want be home alone. She wanted Kris to be with her. How could he just leave her like that?

“Oppa…” she voiced out, clearly hurt. “You said you would stay with me the whole week.”

“Well, seeming that you won’t get any better without any medication…” Kris began, making Jessica’s eyes widen.

Jessica didn’t want him to leave, not after he said he was going to stay with her the whole week. She disapproved and didn’t like that fact that she would have to stay home alone. Kris is practically her medication.

“I’ll take the medicine! Just don’t leave~” Jessica quickly responded as she stood up and hugged onto him, ignoring the banging headache she received from standing up too fast. “Promise.”

Kris’s lips twitched into a smile. “You can’t go back on your word.”

Nodding her head, Jessica was determined to make him stay. She needed the love. She needed the warmth. She needed her Kris. It wouldn’t be too bad, right? A simple pill was all she had to take, what was the harm in that? She would surely sacrifice anything for Kris.

“Alright. I’ll stay then.” His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer.

Jessica looked up at him with a smile, happy that she persuaded him to stay. Her overjoyed smile was immediately replaced when Kris flashed the bottle of medication pills in front of her. It was time to face the wretched pills.

Poking one pill through her sealed lips, Kris’s finger was pushing the pill in gently until he couldn’t push any further as the pill hit something hard. “Stop biting down, Jess.” Kris’s eyebrows rose when he gave her an expecting look.

Shoulders deflating, Jessica unclamped her jaw and let Kris pop the pill into . Being handed the water bottle, she was expected to swallow the water along with the pill. Feeling the capsule inside , she felt exactly how large they were. They were immensely different from the medication she took for her runny nose.

Seeing that Kris was giving her an encouraging look along with a smile, Jessica tried her best. Settling the pill as far back on her tongue as possible, she sipped some water, hoping that once she swallows, the pill would go down along with it and she would get it over with. Feeling the water go down , when she swallowed, she just couldn’t bring herself to swallow the pill. She was just too unfamiliar to the size of the capsule.

Kris gave a smile when he saw her gulping down. “You did it.”

Jessica only shook her head and stuck her tongue out, revealing the blue and red pill sitting there. “It’s too big.” She pouted when she ended up leaving the pill inside .

Lifting the water bottle back up to her lips, Kris urged her to try again. Yet again, Jessica just couldn’t swallow it. It was too awkward for her. Trying over and over again, Jessica felt that it just wouldn’t work this way. There was no way she could take this medicine.

Kris blinked as thoughts ran through his head, wondering what he could do to help her successfully take the pill. An idea popped into his head as he eyed Jessica’s lips.

Instinctively, he attached his lips onto hers. Distracting her with his soft butterfly kisses; he then slipped his tongue inside her warm mouth when he had the chance. Without Jessica noticing, Kris was actually pushing the pill in down towards the back of with his tongue sneakily.

Feeling Jessica tense up, he knew that she was running out of breath, especially when she couldn’t breathe through her nose from her congestion. Pulling away from her, Jessica gasped for air before swallowing her saliva.

Her eyes immediately widened in shock when she realized what she just did. “O-Oppa…I swallowed it. I swallowed the pill!” her blank face turned into an excited one.

Kris chuckled at her, seeing her bright and happy expression. It was quite ironic. Jessica didn’t want to take the pill, but was extremely excited when she finally swallowed it.

 

~~
 

Jessica had woken up from her nap and she stretched before opening her eyes. Seeing that Kris was laying right next to her, she smiled before following his eyes to the television screen. Having his head rested on two pillows, Kris had stayed like that the whole time Jessica was sleeping, trying to pass time.

“What are you watching?” Jessica questioned, snuggling closer to him.

Kris smiled, seeing that she had finally woken up. “Variety show.” He ran h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter