Chapter 43

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV:

Due to Tao’s excessive whining and aeygo, he was allowed to sleepover at Jessica’s house for the night, preventing him from being driven back to the apartment. He needed to start getting used to waking up in that house everyday anyway. When the five had finished dinner, Kai headed his way home as the other four headed back to the house. Tao was jumping the entire time. From the moment they were on the front steps of the house to when they set up his bed in the guest room, which is now his new bedroom.

Jessica giggled as she watched Tao explore his new, big bedroom. “You have school tomorrow right? Sleep early and don’t spend it watching dramas or cartoons!” she instructed before she shut the room door, leaving the excited college boy to explore his new room.

Shuffling back into her room, Jessica was met with a motionless Kris, laying face down on her bed. She peeked at him before poking him. After earning no moving whatsoever after several more pokes, she pouted, knowing he was most likely knocked out asleep. Jessica glanced over at the clock, it was only 8pm and Kris was already sleeping? 

She pouted before she skipped her way over to her closet and gathered some clothes for a shower before her eyes locked onto Kris’s duffle bag on the floor. Her hands ped the bag and pulled out one of his white t-shirts, wanting to wear it. She had a liking to his t-shirts ever since she tried it on the cruise. They were comfortable and soft but most importantly, they smelled just like him.

Jessica happily made her way into the shower with his shirt in her hands. She came back out a moment later, all freshened and cleaned up to see that Kris still hasn’t moved an inch. Sitting down on the bed, Jessica nudged him.

“Oppa~” she called out as she stuck her head closer to his sleeping, peaceful face. “Wake up. You still need to shower.” Jessica frowned when he didn’t even flinch. She stuck her tongue out at him. “And you said you couldn’t sleep without me…” she started to pout. “Maybe I’ll just go over to Fany’s room…liar.”

Just as she was about to get off the bed, a pair of arms hugged onto her, preventing her from moving. Jessica jerked at the sudden contact, as she was surprised but a smile quickly flashed on her face.

“Who said you could leave me?” Kris’s voice emitted next to her ear as his arms tightened around her. He pulled her down next to him, making her lay down. “I wasn’t sleeping, I was waiting for my Aegi to give me something.”

Jessica looked at him and blinked. He started to tickle her, making her giggled uncontrollably. She hit his arms to stop and when he finally did, Kris only smiled and pressed his lips on hers, making them lock lips. He continuously pressed his lips closer and harder onto hers, occasionally pulling away slowly as he held her lower lip with his teeth but only to dive right back in with force. Feeling her sigh, he smirked and continued to shower her with affection as he hovered over her.

“Hyung! I need clo…thes.” Tao stood at the door with wide-eyes. “I really do need to get in the habit of knocking now…Sorry.” he whimpered with his head lowered and shut the door.

Kris stopped and pulled away when he heard Tao’s voice calling him. He continued gazing at Jessica as she took in deep breaths and her eyes fluttered open. A smile appeared on his lips when he saw her face turning red and her eyes widened as she heard Tao’s voice before the door closing shut.

He pecked her lips, “I’ll go shower now…Miss shirt stealer.” Giving her another peck on her cheek, Kris lifted himself off of her before grabbing his duffle bag and headed into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

Jessica only laid there in a daze. Kris had never kissed her that way. The way he had latched his teeth onto her lip made her surprised. She ran her finger across her lip and a smile formed on her face. She liked it, even if it was a bit too rough for her. Everything Kris had just done seconds ago, made her heart flutter. It was different but she liked it.

She got up and walked in front of her mirror, looking at her lips. They were reddened due to Kris’s nibbling. She ran her finger over her lip again. That kiss was passionate and Jessica felt a strange wave of warmness go through her body. Although it was a bit hard for her to breathe, she still found a liking to the lip locking. That was a preview of rough Kris and Jessica had liked it so far.

A ping sound was heard and Jessica grabbed her phone. She received a text message from Mother Wu. Tapping her finger on her phone a few times, she read the text.

“Jessi~ I’ll be arriving next Monday! Be sure to tell Kris. I hope you to see you two at the airport, 11am sharp! –Mommy Wu”

Jessica blinked for a moment before an idea popped in her head. They’re going to have to clean out their stuff from the bedroom on the first floor earlier than expected. She wanted Mommy Wu to stay there while she visited. It’ll make things easier and they can spend more time together.

Kris then appeared out of the bathroom with a towel over his damp hair.

“Oppa! Your mom is arriving next Monday, 11am.” Jessica smiled. “Let’s clean out the storage room downstairs so she can stay there!”

Kris stood there with a small frown. Sure, he was fine with his mother visiting again but he didn’t like the idea of her staying in the same house as Jessica. She was going to spend a lot more time with his mom more than him. Seeing that they’ve already got along the first time, it’ll be impossible to separate the two if they’re living in the same household.

“She could stay in a hotel, it’s fine.” He brushed it off on purpose.

Jessica pouted, “But that’s inconvenient! She’s visiting to see us and if she stays here, it’ll be easier for her to find and talk to us.”

Kris looked at her pouting reddened lips, along with her puppy eyes. He scrunched his eyebrows before he glanced away, not wanting to give in. “We’ll talk about it later…” he sighed before took his duffle bag and walked out the bedroom to give Tao a change of clothes.

He came back in and shut the door behind him before he hugged onto Jessica as he climbed onto the bed, making them both lay down.

“Oppa, why can’t your mom stay here?” Jessica asked quietly as she snuggled herself closer in his arms.

Kris had his eyes shut as she waited for an answer. He wanted to mess around and see her reaction if he didn’t reply. When there was a short silence from him and Jessica looked up at him to see if he was awake. When she saw his sleeping face, she immediately frowned.

“Oppa~!” she hit his chest lightly. “Why are you sleeping?! Answer me~” Gaining yet again, no response from him, she pouted and rolled over to her other side, her back facing him as she scooted away. “Fine, don’t tell me.”

Feeling her move away from him he quickly opened his eyes and pulled her back. He wrapped his arms around her, preventing her from leaving his side. “It’s because she’s going to steal my Aegi from me.” he mumbled as he buried his face into her hair.

Jessica smiled at his comment and turned around to face him. She snuggled into him and hugged him around the waist. “I won’t get taken away…because my knight will be next to me all the time. That’s what they’re supposed to do, other than protect me.” she spoke, leaving a smile on Kris’s face.

 

~~

 

Next morning came by and Jay was in the office bright and early. Literally. The sun only began to rise and he was already at his stationed work desk. He was given a schedule yesterday and it stated at that he should be in his work desk and in the office by 6am, every single day. He hated it but he decided to deal with it since he really did want this job. He sat in his chair in a daze, half-awake. There was no employees here, just construction workers walking by and doing their job, setting up glass walls for Kai and Kris’s offices, even before Jay had arrived.

Finally deciding to start, he glanced down at his desk to see piles of paperwork stacked on his desk. His eyes widened in shock. How is he supposed to finish all this in a day? Spotting a pink sheet of paper placed in the middle of his small table, he picked it up and started to read the instructions it had given him to do. Jay’s mouth hung open when it had specifically told him to go through all the papers, read them word by word and see if there were any typos or errors. His head fell down onto his desk, the stacks of papers shook as the weight of his head hit the wooden table.

“How the hell am I supposed to read all of this?!” Jay grumbled to himself.

He noticed some darkened, bold lettering on the bottom of the pink instruction page.

If papers are not all analyzed down to the littlest details, you are not permitted to leave work until all is completed.

Jay let out a sarcastic, shocked scoff. “Friggin’ Kris. Dumping all this on my desk. Who the hell does he think he is?!” he slammed his fists down onto the table. “Now I know why he decided to give me a work trial. Give me all the dirty work and watch me die. Argh!” He let out a frustrated shout, startling the construction workers. “I’ll show him who’s better. He can’t run over me like I’m some kind of peasant. I’ll get him back one day…I just have to suppress my anger…that way I’ll get my Jessica back.” He tried to calm himself down.

He grabbed a section of papers and started to read through them as he had a highlighter in one hand. Determination filled his mind, determination to get what he wants. Jessica is his motivation, that day where he’ll destroy Kris is his motivation; his mind is running on those thoughts, wanting to have everything he wants, even if it won’t be easy.

Hours passed and fellow workers started to make their way in and settle into the cubicles or work stations. The chattering or noises that were simultanously going on around did not bother Jay, he was determined to finish the stacks of papers on his desk and see Kris’s rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter