Chapter 79

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“Hyung…” Tao blinked at Kris with unreadable eyes as he shut the door.

Walking over to Kyungsan, Kris picked the little one up into his arms before giving his attention to Tao. Kyungsan was already busy still staring at the dark-haired, panda-looking stranger in front of him.

Tao’s finger pointed up at the little boy in Kris’s arms with a speechless face.

“W-Who is that?” Tao sputtered out, staring at the small kid.

Before Kris could say anything, Jessica appeared from the kitchen and saw that Tao was home. Making her way over next to Kris, she smiled.

“Tao~ You’re home!” she grinned.

Looking dumbfounded, Tao glanced at the three in utter confusion. Trying to rack his head for any source of knowledge, Tao reached a conclusion and his eyes widened as big as saucers.

“N-N-Noona…” the panda’s stuttering was uncontrollable. “H-Hyung…” he looked at the two back and forth, his mouth searching for words. “The kid…Hyung and Noona…you two…baby…” the college boy’s face was filled with shock.

Not understanding the stuttering words out of Tao’s mouth, the three continued to stare uncomprehendingly at him.

“GEGE! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME NOONA WAS SECRETLY PREGNANT AND YOU TWO HAVE A BABY?! GEGE!! WHAT ABOUT ME?! I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME! WHO IS GOING TO TAKE CARE OF ME? GEGE! YOU’RE NOT GOING TO LEAVE ME ARE YOU?!” Tao’s face filled with anxiety along with a huge frown as his hands fisted in his hair, exclaiming his astonishment in mandarin.

Kris seemed to have caught on and gave him a glare before pushing the over thinking panda in the head with his knuckles.

“Yah! It’s not like that!” Kris lectured him. “This is Kyungsan, Jessica’s cousin’s son.”

After blinking a couple times, Tao’s eyebrows furrowed as he looked at the three firmly. After inspecting Kyungsan’s face with Kris’s, he came to the conclusion that it really wasn’t Kris’s child.

“Oh…you’re right.” Tao gleamed in happiness, worry free of being abandoned from his Hyung. “He doesn’t look like you Hyung. That’s a relief.”

Glancing at the two, Jessica tried to understand the mandarin that was being used, but ended up giving up. She hasn’t picked up that language book she purchased in a while and she needed to prepare dinner now. She knew that Kris would make Kyungsan and Tao acquainted anyways.

As Jessica returned back into the kitchen, the three settled into the living room, Kris sat down on the couch as he placed Kyungsan beside him. Following, Tao sat awkwardly next to Kyungsan. Having to end up nudging Tao to start a conversation with Kyungsan, Kris urged him.

Clearing his throat, Tao did so while blinking awkwardly, knowing that Kyungsan was staring at him the entire time with his big curious eyes.

“Hi Kyungsan. My name is Tao.” The college boy introduced himself. “I can do wushu and kick people’s butts!” he tried to lighten up the mood.

Kyungsan’s eyes just widened and turned into fright.

“Hyung~” Kyungie frowned as he crawled his way onto Kris’s lap, his small hands hugged onto Ace even tighter.

Tao’s jaw dropped in shock when he realized that the little boy was completely scared of him. “B-But…I’m a cool panda~” he whimpered as he reached out to Kyungie.

Kyungsan’s eyes stared at him wide-eyed, as tears threatened to fall any second. A pout was on his face as he gripped onto the fluffy alpaca on his hand.

Slapping his hand away, Kris gave Tao a glare, telling him that his introduction was not up to par and completely irrelevant for little kids to know. Holding onto Kyungsan, Kris attempted to make him feel better. Seeming that Tao was still in the same room, Kyungsan didn’t seem to stop gripping onto Ace. Lifting little Kyungsan in his arms, Kris stood up and proceeded to head into the kitchen.

Tao’s eyes widened as he pouted. “Hyung~” he called out to Kris. “What about me?!”

Kris’s leaving backside only made Tao pout even more. His Hyung is being taken from him! More importantly, his Hyung didn’t even side with him. Plopping himself down on the couch, Tao sulked in sadness.

Appearing in the kitchen, Jessica noticed Kris holding Kyungsan. Giving a smile, she washed her hands before the two made their way towards her.

“Noona~” Kyungie called out as he wiggled out of Kris’s arms to run to Jessica. “Noona!” he called out with a smile when he reached her. “Can Kyungie have this?” he referred to the alpaca plushie he was hugging.

Kris’s eyes widened, as he remembered about Ace. Knowing how much Jessica loves Kyungsan, he hoped that she wouldn’t please Kyungie this time and keep his first gift he ever gave her. Considering that Ace was Jessica’s first plushie, Kris hoped that she would say no to Kyungsan, especially when he specifically got it for her. There was no other plushie like that in the world and he didn’t want it to be given away even if he liked Kyungie a lot.

Glancing over her shoulder, Jessica spotted her beloved Ace plushie in his arms. Completely stopping everything, she crouched down to Kyungie’s height, as her eyes were apologetic.

“I’m sorry Kyungie, this is Noona’s.” Jessica pointed to Ace in his hands. “Hyung gave it to me and this plushie is important to Noona. I can’t give it to you, sorry Kyungie.”

As Kyungsan pouted, Kris let out a sigh of relief. Even if Jessica decided to give in and let Kyungie have it, Kris would’ve most likely object to that and might even have to forcefully take Ace away from the little boy.

“Kyungie is sorry.” Kyungsan apologized. “I just like it.” his head was lowered, as his fingers were running through the soft fabric of the alpaca.

Jessica nodded her head. “Noona likes it too.” She smiled at him. “Here, Kyungie can hold onto him until your mom comes to pick you up tomorrow. You have to give it back to Noona though, okay?”

A toothy smile appeared on Kyungsan’s face as he nodded at his Noona’s words.

“His name is Ace Wu.” Jessica referred to the plushie. “He’s an alpaca.”

Having his lips form an ‘o,’ Kyungie was interested that his Noona had even named this cute plushie.  

“Why is it ‘Ace Wu’?” Kyungsan innocently looked at Jessica as he questioned the name she has given to the alpaca.

At this time, Kris was also intrigued and become extremely engrossed in the conversation, as he leaned over on the island counter, watching the two intently. He knew exactly why she had named it ‘Ace Wu,’ but he wanted to see her explain the reason to a little boy. It was going to be interesting.

Jessica pivoted in her words and hummed before she started speak. She knew that Kris was paying attention to them and she knew it’d be a bit embarrassing, having to explain how she really got to name it ‘Ace Wu’ in front of the person she got inspiration from.

“Kris gave me this alpaca.” Jessica began and glanced over at Kris for a quick second before continuing with a small grin. “I named it Ace because it came into my head.”

Kyungsan tilted his head to the side. “But why is it ‘Ace Wu’?” the curious little one inquired.

Knowing that she can’t beat around the bush any longer, Jessica knew that she would have to explain the obvious to Kyungsan and even get a little teasing from Kris afterwards.

“Wu is Kris’s last name.” she simply put it before patting Kyungsan’s cheeks and standing back up to return to preparing dinner, as her cheeks flushed a pink color just thinking about how childish she was when she named the plushie.

Just when Jessica was about to tell Kyungsan to go play, Kris suddenly spoke up.

“Ace Wu is Noona and Hyung’s son.” Kris revealed exactly what Jessica had said to Tiffany about the plushie when she had received it.

Having her face flush into a crimson color, Jessica faced away from the two in embarrassment. She inwardly cursed at Tiffany for revealing that hidden information to Kris back then, otherwise he wouldn’t be using that to tease with her right now.

Kyungsan couldn’t comprehend and ended up furrowing his little eyebrows and tilted his head to the side to show his confusion. Before he could voice out his questions of curiosity, he gasped before he turned around to reach up and tug on Jessica’s shirt.

“Noona~ Kyungie has to potty!” he blinked urgently at Jessica. “Noona has to hold Mr. Ace for me.” he handed the alpaca plushie up to her.

“Remember to wash your hands.” Jessica smiled, as she took Ace from him.

Nodding obediently, Kyungie then ran his way out of the kitchen to head to the bathroom, leaving the couple by themselves.

Taking this opportunity, Kris made his way over and slid his arms around Jessica’s waist. About to steal a kiss from her, he leaned in, only to miss and feel nothing but air. Opening his eyes, he saw a pouting Jessi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter