Chapter 8

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay's POV:

I woke up the next day next to a sleeping HyunRi. I somehow felt regret and sympathy for her. I sighed as I touched her chin. I drew my finger to her forehead and down the bridge of her nose.

*She's so different from Jessica...*

My thumb slid vertically across her left cheek.

*She's not as soft as Jessica...*

I reached for her lips. My thumb brushed across her bottom lip.

*They aren't as sweet as Jessica's...*

HyunRi stirred awake. She rubbed her eyes as she yawned, "Oh, Oppa, you're awake" she smiled.

"Yeah..." I said, letting go of her face. "I'm gonna shower now." I got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

I walked out of the bathroom door to find HyunRi gone. I stared at the bed with a blank look. I didn't feel anything. Not even the slightest pain or sadness. Nothing.
I made the bed and headed into the kitchen. I saw a green sticky note on the fridge. I took the note into my hands before opening the fridge and grabbing a water bottle.
"Oppa~
Don't be mad! I'm just out to get breakfast for us ^^
I'll be back soon!
Hyunnie ♥"
I crumpled the note and tossed it into the trash. I made my way into the living room and the TV, flipping through the channels. After losing interest in channel surfing, I decided to play on my phone.

I somehow landed on Jessica's old contact information. I blinked.

*I should've gotten her number yesterday...ugh. Stupid Jay.*

I slid down the couch and went through the old pictures of Jessica and I. A smile formed on my face as I saw the picture of Jessica and I making pouty faces at the camera.

Flashback-

"Oppa! How come you don't have any pictures of me?" Jessica pouted as she looked through Jay's phone. "There's only pictures of your friends!"
I chuckled. "Why? Are you jealous?"
"Hmph," she gave my phone back and looked into the distance. Her hair was blowing with the small breeze, making her look radiantly beautiful.
She swung her legs back and forth as she held onto the bench we were sitting on.
I smiled, slowly bringing my arm to her waist, pulling her near me. She jerked up slightly by the sudden contact.
"Let's take a picture together, then." I raised the phone up in front of us.
Looking at my phone, I saw Jessica pouting, her bottom lip slightly sticking out.
I smiled at her and made a pouty face too, facing the camera. I pressed the button and took the picture.
"Why did you take a picture of me when I wasn't prepared?" she turned to me, her eyebrows furrowed.
"Because you're so cute." I grinned.
She smiled a bit and blushed, facing her head down.
-

I sighed. *She's no longer yours, Jay...you have to stop thinking about her.* I stared at her in the photo. *I miss you...*

Suddenly, HyunRi bursted through the front door, holding a bag of food in her hands. "Oppa! I got food!"

I quickly shoved my phone into my pocket, getting up and grabbed the food from her grasp.

I set the food down onto the table as HyunRi made her way over and sat down on the chair in front of me. I passed her a box of food and sat down. I picked up my chopsticks and started eating.

"Is it good?" HyunRi asked, before grabbing her chopsticks.

"Yeah..." I replied nonchalantly before stuffing more food into my mouth.

She looked at me worriedly. "Oppa, you're quiet today. Are you upset?" she asked with a mischieveous smile on her face. I felt her foot running up my leg.

*Ugh...I can't stand her presence anymore. She's nothing like Jessica.*

I grabbed her foot and brought it back down to the floor. "Stop."

"But Oppa..." she brought her foot back up my leg again.

*She's much more annoying today. I should just end it with her today.*

I slammed my chopsticks on the table and stood up.

"Stop it HyunRi!"

Her eyes widened in shock.

"I'm sorry but you're ridiculously annoying! I've been putting up with you for all this time because I just wanted one thing from you. I WAS USING YOU." I confessed.

Tears rimmed HyunRi's eyes. "I don't believe you..." she whispered.

"Honestly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter