Chapter 28

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 



Kris's POV:

I remained staring at the woman before me. Unbelievable...she was standing right in front of me. After all these years...she decides to show up now. Anger boiled inside me. I knew I should've saved the picture to rip it in her face. The look on her face, her attitude, EVERYTHING. Everything about her just seems to aggravate me even more, now that she's in front of me. I can't even stand the sight of her.

"Y-You're the girl in the photo!" Jessica gasped and tightened her arms around me, bringing me back to my senses.

"Excuse me?" she scoffed as she eyed Jessica.

Her eyes met mine and she froze for a minute before returning to her normal y face. "Kris?" her eyebrows raised. "Is that you?" she smirked. Her eyes wandered to Jessica who was hiding behind me as I still carried her. "I see you've got yourself a job as a slave." she scoffed before laughing with the man beside her.

I was unamused. I didn't need her here in front of me after all the troubles she's caused me with Jessica this morning. "If you're done talking, we'll be leaving now." my grip on Jessica's legs tightened.

"Ch. Do you even remember my name? It's impolite to leave without acknowledging me." She spoke in a bossy tone.

I glared at her, not planning to speak with her anytime soon. Her presence was ridiculously mood wrecking. *To think I actually fell in love with this psychopath. She's definitely changed a whole lot.*

She let out an appalled scoff. "It's Kim. Min. Jee. You should remember since I did abandon you...but thanks for the clothes, shoes and bags I asked for." She laughed in front me. "You were so cute! Running around like a little kid, trying to make me happy. You even thought that I loved you! Oh, it was fun playing with you!"

I gripped Jessica tighter and my teeth gritted. I turned my heel and started to walk away until I felt Jessica slip off my back. I immediately stopped and turned around.

Jessica grabbed my hand before confronting Min Jee. "I'm sorry, but do you feel happiness from others pain? I think you're being silly. No one is going to give you respect until you fix that little attitude yours."

I squeezed Jessica's hand.

"Excuse me?!" Min Jee was getting angry. Her eyes flamed with rage and tapped the man next to her who hovered over Jessica.

I gripped onto Jessica's hand and stood next to her, not wanting the man to hurt her.

Jessica didn't back down. "And why are doing everything that she says?" Jessica directed her eyes to the man. "She's playing you too! She's obviously toying around with you! She even said what she done to hurt Kris and yet you're taking her side? Think about it carefully. I'm sure you'll find a better life with someone else, not her." Jessica knocked some sense into the man.

The man actually took a step back. He eyed Jessica and then back at Min Jee.

"Yah! What are you doing?! Hurry up and get her away from me!" Min Jee yelled at him.

"Don't fall for her like I did. You'll only end up hopeless and lose everything. It takes a long time to recover." I told him. "You'll only get played in the end. She's only using you for your money."

The man nodded. "T-Thanks..." He bowed before running away.

Min Jee scoffed. "This is unbelievable. You little prissy!" She screamed at Jessica.

"I don't think you understand how to treat others with respect. You've lost so many people who are willing to give you their all." Jessica looked at her.

"Ha!" Min Jee gave a scoff-like laugh. "I'm not that easy to handle. Kris lost me because he just didn't fit my standards."

"You don't deserve someone as great as Kris. In fact, I don't think you deserve anyone AT ALL. Not until you get yourself together." Jessica spoke. "YOU'RE the one who lost someone special, NOT Kris." Jessica finished and her grip on my hand tightened before she pulled me and started running away.

My legs immediately started picking up its pace and matched hers. Until we were a block away, Jessica finally stopped to catch her breath.

"Oppa," she breathed. "Are you okay?" she asked as she squatted on the floor, looking down and breathed hardly.

I chuckled. "Yeah. I wasn't running. I was actually striding. You're steps aren't that big."

Jessica looked up at me and pouted. "I was asking about YOU not you're lungs!" She pointed at me.

I smiled before pulling her up. "I'm fine. Thank you for sticking up for me." I pulled her into a hug.

Jessica's breathing slowed. "She deserved it Oppa. She was being mean." She spoke into my chest.

I chuckled as she looked up at me. I gave her a peck on the lips. She gave me a smile.

"For sticking up for me, I guess you deserve another piggyback ride." I smiled as I looked down at her.

I squatted down and let her climb on. After feeling her slump onto me, I stood up and hooked my hands under her legs, supporting her.

"Oh!" Jessica exclaimed. "Where's Kai and Tiffany?"

"Oh yeah...they were behind us." I recalled.

We looked along the street, trying to find them. "It shouldn't be hard to find a girl with red hair and a black haired guy together." I spoke out.

"There!" Jessica pointed across the street. Kai and Tiffany were walking out of a store with shopping bags in their hands. "They were shopping!" Jessica gasped.

Kai and Tiffany spotted us across the street and made their way over using the crosswalk. "Hey~" they greeted casually.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "When did you guys get across the street?"

"Oh, we told you that we were going to check out that new store over there." Kai pointed at the store they just walked out of. "But you guys bumped into some people and didn't hear us. We thought you knew them so we just decided to go by ourselves." Tiffany finished his sentence with a smile.

Jessica pouted. "I wanted to shop too!"

"We can go to the mall later." I shifted Jessica up. She happily nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me.

Kai looked at us. "Why are you piggybacking her?"

"It was a part of our deal." Jessica giggled. "I won so I wanted to be carried. The air is so nice up here~"

Tiffany awed. "That's so cute! Oh, I took a picture of you guys! It's adorable!"

Kai glanced at Tiffany. "...Do you want a piggy back ride too?" He asked shyly.

Tiffany's eyes widened and her face flushed red.

Jessica and I giggled before I started walking towards the market to reduce the high level of shyness they were having.

 


Authors POV:

Still carrying Jessica, Kris couldn't carry or pick out anything he wanted at the supermarket. Jessica wanted him to let her down but Kris refused because he didn't want her running around and he secretly liked the skinship they had when he was carrying her. It also kept the guys and girls away from them since it could be easily seen that they were a couple. Kris ignored the weird looks they were getting and just smiled it off. It wasn't such a hassle anyways. Jessica was light as a feather to him.

"Oppa, which one d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter