Chapter 85

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“Here,” Kris handed Tao the glass of water. “Glad to know you’re getting better.”

 

Tao nodded his head. “My head doesn’t hurt so much anymore!” he grinned. “Plus, the faster I get better, the more I can play videogames.”

 

Kris chuckled at the determined kid. Jessica had specifically taken away his videogames to ensure that Tao had enough sleep to get better. Of course, the panda protested, but he was no match against his Noona, considering that Kris was on Jessica’s side. Ever since, Tao had suspicions that Jessica was secretly playing his games with Kris in their room when he was asleep.

 

“Just get better so everyone can stop worrying.” Kris ruffled the panda’s head. “You’re much more troublesome when your ill.”

 

Tao pouted. “I know you still love me Hyung. You don’t need to deny it.”

 

Kris shook his head with amusement before getting up to walk out of the room for the boy to sleep.

 

“It’s okay, Hyung. I love you too~” Tao continued playfully. “Even if you don’t say it. I know you still love me.”

 

“Just go sleep.” Kris rolled his eyes.

 

“You can’t deny this panda!” Tao narrowed his eyes and folded his arms, staring at Kris intently. “I know you love me too because I’m the best dongsaeng ever!”

 

“Sleep!” Kris grabbed the door handle, about to shut it.

 

“I know you’re playing my videogames with Noona!!” Tao childishly exclaimed before the door slammed shut.

 

Kris heaved a sigh as he walked away from the panda’s room. Even if Tao was getting better, Kris couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the childlike panda with a smile on his face. Tao was always with Kris, how could he even hate the panda that adores him so much?

 

Gradually making his way down the stairs, Kris planted himself back on the couch next to Jessica. The two had decided on a movie night. They were practically home alone anyways. With Tiffany out with Kai and Tao sleeping soundly with the help of his medication, the two wanted to do something relaxing without leaving the comfort of their home and also because Jessica didn’t want to leave a sick Tao at home by himself.

 

“What are we watching?” Kris asked as Jessica pressed play on the remote.

 

Jessica only grinned. “You’ll see.”

 

As the movie progressed, Kris got even more bored as the scenes played out. It turned out that Jessica had picked out romantic film, which made Kris uninterested and glance around the room every five minutes or play around with the end strands of Jessica’s hair for who knows how long.

 

Stretching himself slightly, he didn’t want to disturb Jessica, whose head was resting on his shoulder. Kris questioned exactly how long the movie was when in fact, only thirty minutes passed. Deciding to tell Jessica that he wasn’t enjoying this movie at all, he called out to her.

 

Receiving no response, he figured she was concentrated on the movie and called again, only to hear no reply again. Nudging her lightly, Kris then faced her.

 

He smiled to himself. Jessica had fallen asleep.

 

Connecting their lips together, he gave a soft kiss before whispering in her ear to wake her up. After a few nudges and pecks, Jessica’s eyes fluttered open.

 

Jessica pouted and rubbed her eye lightly. “Sorry, oppa.” She apologized for falling asleep.

 

Kris chuckled and grinned. “Let’s pick another movie. You’re going to fall asleep again if we keep watching this.” He got up to look through the pile of DVDs on the floor that they had laid out earlier.

 

Going through the DVDs, Kris contemplated which movie they should watch next, as Jessica went to grab more drinks from the fridge. As soon as Jessica came back, they started the new movie.

 

“Are we watching a scary movie?” Jessica asked wide-eyed, as she looked up at Kris.

 

Kris nodded his head, draping his hand over her shoulders and pulling her closer.

 

Jessica pouted, “You know I don’t like scary movies.”

 

“This one isn’t that scary.” He reassured before flashing a smile. “I’ll be here anyways.”

 

Her shoulders deflated and nodded her head. She figured she could give it a shot, even if she was terrified of horror or scary movies. It couldn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter